Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#GetStewie

DEW%20Stuart.jpg

It's simple. We need an experienced coach. Not a noob. Ross Lyon is the man. Get him Richmond.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

We could definitely be a good side but there are some players getting a free ride who just aren't up to it and the Tigers will never tack the next step with these blokes just not being up to it!

Morris, hard as a cats head but give no rebound or drive out of the back half like the top 4 side back man give.

Batchelor, shocking disposal and really battles when the pressure is on.

Lloyd, another one which coughs the ball up when we really need him.

Astbury, can't beat direct apponant on a regular basis and another back man which gives us no drive or brake the lines.

And then there are a handful that just aren't takin the next step to the elite level, when looking at port Adelaide list 3 years ago they were in a similar position and probably even worse off, Port couldn't even get a coach and there last resort was Hinkley and was exactly what the doctor orderd, turned the club around and gets the most out of every player and that's what good coaches do and Hardwick is not getting 100% out of his players, good coaches do!

It's simple. We need an experienced coach. Not a noob. Ross Lyon is the man. Get him Richmond.

He should be priority number 1, even if we turn it around somewhat like last year. It's so clear that Hardwick won't take us any further.
Throw as much as we can at Lyon, he will bring top shelf assistants with him, not the clowns we currently have and have us playing as a team not as individuals like they currently do.

He should be priority number 1, even if we turn it around somewhat like last year. It's so clear that Hardwick won't take us any further.
Throw as much as we can at Lyon, he will bring top shelf assistants with him, not the clowns we currently have and have us playing as a team not as individuals like they currently do.

You know it.

There should be some real heat on Benny Gale and Dan Richardson as well and not just Dimma & side-kicks.

Benny has done some tremendous stuff off-field with regards to membership, sponsorship, stability and the like. He did, however, appoint Dan Richardson as the General Manager of Football. Dan's a great fella and all but I suspect he is out of his depth in all honesty. The club probably thought it was a shrewd appointment, what with the advent of free-agency and all that, but the reality is he had never been involved with the AFL at club level prior to his appointment and his skill set and experience has largely been in player contract & welfare management.

Is he really the best person to oversee the entire football dept including our coaches, our players, fitness staff, recruitment & list management, technology, strategy, leadership, our VFL programme etc? The only discernible changes I have noted since his appointment have been Leppa, Cambo & Daly all leaving for other roles, only to be replaced by three coaching rookies in McQualter, Max Bailey & Rutten. In the meantime, a 'broke' Melbourne go out and get Roos, Goodwin & Brendan McCartney. What a massive risk on so much untried talent at the top level.

We also have a guy in Mark 'Wilbur' Williams whom you can safely predict that whatever portfolio he handles each year (and why do we have to rotate these positions ..) will be our Achilles heel. This year he is our 'offensive coach' (we don't have a forwards coach as such) and our ball movement & forward line has never been more dysfunctional.

Unbelievably, despite running a $50m business, we appoint some part-timers to head up the VFL coaching, recruitment & development for our next generation. I wouldn't mind hearing from Tim Livingstone too. He's apparently in charge of 'coaching & football performance'.
agree ive been critical on Benny for 3yrs now with his lack of insight on upgrading our football dept.
He said last year that he thought we would naturally keep improving and was shocked being 3-10
Clubs don't naturally improve the admin must do this and watch every dept and upgrade it where necessary.
He sadly like many fans got ahead of himself and i think he believes financial success equals on field success.
My big bitch for 3years is "ARE WE REALLY IMPROVING AT A FASTER RATE THAN OUR COMPETITORS?"
People laugh at me when i make this statement,but im serious and now our easy beat competitors have pulled our pants down for two years.
Benny will go into patch the rubber dinghy mode with masking tape this week,failing to address the real issues that we are faced with.
He needs to have a secret chat with DH and tell him to walk as we cannot to continue to throw seasons away in the early rounds annually.
Its time Benny did something for the fans as we've done our bit and i'm still suffering with the repeat gutless performances under this coach
Seriously what coach couldn't grab easy wins and improve our list with Cotchin Rance Lids Jack Sheds,but the question is CAN HE TAKE IT to the next level?
when Mick pulled his pants down in September Benny extended his contract.just a poor decision at the time and hes hid behind it with no reasons why it was done.
its payback time Benny we need a new footy department and money shouldn't be an issue bc you have enough now.
The excuses are over.

We could definitely be a good side but there are some players getting a free ride who just aren't up to it and the Tigers will never tack the next step with these blokes just not being up to it!

Morris, hard as a cats head but give no rebound or drive out of the back half like the top 4 side back man give.

Batchelor, shocking disposal and really battles when the pressure is on.

Lloyd, another one which coughs the ball up when we really need him.

Astbury, can't beat direct apponant on a regular basis and another back man which gives us no drive or brake the lines.

And then there are a handful that just aren't takin the next step to the elite level, when looking at port Adelaide list 3 years ago they were in a similar position and probably even worse off, Port couldn't even get a coach and there last resort was Hinkley and was exactly what the doctor orderd, turned the club around and gets the most out of every player and that's what good coaches do and Hardwick is not getting 100% out of his players, good coaches do!

+1 .. IMO .. Dimma is gone, just a matter of when .. RFC need to move on, new coach should be appointed before the end of the season

#EnoughIsEnough

Agree with this. Exactly what we need. Or Roos as much as I detest the guy.
Pity it won't happen.

Deserves credit for where he's taken the list from in 2010 to where we are now and should see out the rest of the season. I do wonder if we are cycling our fitness to peak around the end of the season (c.f. our great run of form towards the end of last year).

However it increasingly seems like Hardwick is unable to take the club to the next stage. Anything less than a finals win and he should be gone.
Afl is business now more than ever. Sometimes hard business decisions need to be made, friendships and credit aside we are slipping back into the pack at an alarming rate.

No use being the fitest side to miss the finals either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love Lyon as coach. But I can't see it happening.

He's been through the ringer at St Kilda to fall an inch short of two premierships. Freo are a chance this year IMO. If I were him, I'd be sticking around to reap some of what I'd sowed.

Half our team is shot. Players now are just getting the ball to another player and hoping they'll do something with it.
If Dusty Titch Jack Vlas Macintish Lids don't get much of it we are going around in circles.
Any natural flair and know how that our young blokes have is getting drained out of them. Griff was going to the best kick in the league???
Needs a fresh approach.

4 games of chip it around the flanks, possession - look at the kpi's - football is enough to know that it is actually a game plan.

To beat the flood, other teams move the ball quickly from end to end, but our strategy is to move the ball slowly by chipping it around.

Just awful to watch and I don't care about the ******* KPI's, Dimma.

I'm over it. * off.
#sackdimma

Last edited:
4 games of chip it around the flanks, possession - look at the kpi's - football it is enough to know that is actually a game plan.

To beat the flood, other teams move the ball quickly from end to end, but our strategy is to move the ball slowly by chipping it around.

I'm over it. **** off.
#sackdimma
Yep. It's not even the losing. This team is unwatchable.

Sorry mate we've given him the job for too long as it is
Should have been moved on after the Karmichael game
we owe DH nothing. Move s**t coaches on ASAP Bulldogs and Crows smelt rats and are already better off
Professionally run clubs lead from the top with hard calls and calculated decision making
He has had an armchair ride with no pressure to perform
Benny and Peggy have failed bc they continue to back this good bloke in
They still think for the club to go fwd we need memberships and money money and more money
Hey iguys the money comes naturally when onfield performances improve
Lets make some childish video of a dud player with two pussies and that should get us two thousand cat lover members
The whole mentality is wrong
Spend your money on getting the best even go into debt for two years , bc once you start winning finals all the lost Tigers will be crawling from beneath rocks

Similar thing with the Crows.

I like Hardwick, he seems like a great bloke - but I think he lacks the INTENSITY to be a great senior coach. Sanderson lasked intensity, he couldn't put his stamp on the side and be fanatical about demanding people adhere to standards; Walsh is the opposite, that's why we got him.

Clarkson, Bomber, Roos, Lyons - they're all super intense pricks; I don't think Bomber is.

4 games of chip it around the flanks, possession - look at the kpi's - football it is enough to know that is actually a game plan.

I'm over it. **** off.
#sackdimma
Are you taking the piss here or have you changed your opinion ?

Dimma seems to have messed his head up so much he has forgotten how to go back and kick a goal. So no Dimma has not helped him. He was always on the way to becoming a good player, Dimma just had no better choice up forward.
Goal posts havn't changed.Still the same length and width as 100yrs ago.Is it a ploy on Jacks behalf.;)

Similar thing with the Crows.

I like Hardwick, he seems like a great bloke - but I think he lacks the INTENSITY to be a great senior coach. Sanderson lasked intensity, he couldn't put his stamp on the side and be fanatical about demanding people adhere to standards; Walsh is the opposite, that's why we got him.

Clarkson, Bomber, Roos, Lyons - they're all super intense pricks; I don't think Bomber is.

PS - get Bassett, what he did with Norwood is incredible; he's a psycho, incredibly intense, demanding and drive.

He'll be the next gun coach in the future.

The problem with coaches like Hardwick and Scott is that they're too soft with players and stubborn with their game plan. There is always an excuse for a loss and like some of you, most North fans are over the regurgitated crap that comes at the presser. They both Never make statements at selection and continually push their game plans despite being consistently exposed. We are unsure if it's the coach or the players are just dumb because the cycle of inconsistency is diabolical.

PS - get Bassett, what he did with Norwood is incredible; he's a psycho, incredibly intense, demanding and drive.

He'll be the next gun coach in the future.
Wouldn't have picked him as a psycho, but if we had to get a rookie coach he would be my pick along with Stewart Dew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back