Mega Thread Buckley coaching mega thread volume II

Remove this Banner Ad

The way Adams is going right now he will be delisted before he gets 5 years under his belt.

Who survives under your regime? I'd really love to know when we knock out your duds Joffre, who remains.

In all seriousness, can you start a thread with our list and then state who stays, who is gone and who is trade bait?

Who survives under your regime? I'd really love to know when we knock out your duds Joffre, who remains.

In all seriousness, can you start a thread with our list and then state who stays, who is gone and who is trade bait?
The only untouchable is me right now is Pendlebury. I could've named 10 players every year from 2000 - 2011.
Someone made an untouchable thread looking back in about 2004 it came about because of the Buckley trade from Brisbane and to name your top 10 untouchables. The only player I'd be sad to see leave right now in a trade would be Scott Pendlebury. I believe we'd get better players trading anyone else.

I find this post almost laughable. for starters those who are calling for Malthouse to come back.. he was given 10+ years to win a flag I dare ask anyone to name any other coach that survived at any club that long without winning a flag.. so therefore why not give bucks 10 years if everyone want to use Malthouse as the Benchmark... secondly we are the only team since 2007 ( including geelong ) to not miss out on finals... to say bucks isn't making a change you only need to look at players delisted in the last 2years. too say that buckley doesn't give a spary only had to watch the news 3 weeks ago after giving witts a spray. for those who believe that missing out on the 8 is a failed year are kidding themselves.. at best most would have said we are a 7-10 team. given that from our bet 22 we have had the most injuries in games missed. I think that should we come 9 or 10 this is still very acceptable given that we have put games into kids.

I find this post almost laughable. for starters those who are calling for Malthouse to come back.. he was given 10+ years to win a flag I dare ask anyone to name any other coach that survived at any club that long without winning a flag.. so therefore why not give bucks 10 years if everyone want to use Malthouse as the Benchmark... secondly we are the only team since 2007 ( including geelong ) to not miss out on finals... to say bucks isn't making a change you only need to look at players delisted in the last 2years. too say that buckley doesn't give a spary only had to watch the news 3 weeks ago after giving witts a spray. for those who believe that missing out on the 8 is a failed year are kidding themselves.. at best most would have said we are a 7-10 team. given that from our bet 22 we have had the most injuries in games missed. I think that should we come 9 or 10 this is still very acceptable given that we have put games into kids.
Malthouse kept his job for 10 years because he was able to show how he could build a side up in a short amount of time and continue to make GFs.
Buckley is yet to make a gf and looks far from it. Simple.

The way Adams is going right now he will be delisted before he gets 5 years under his belt.
If this turns out to be true the main person to blame will be Buckley, as his handling of Adams so far has been a disaster.

He's been constantly played out of position, as sub and dropped at a moment's notice and now clearly his confidence is shot.

Compare this to Roos' treatment of Dom Tyson at Melbourne. Tyson and Adams came across as highly rated recruits with slight queries on disposal but positives that far outweighed the negatives.

Tyson has been pumped up, given a position of responsibility, a role that suits and allowed to make mistakes without fear of the axe falling every other week.

The only difference between this pair right now is poor coaching and I hope we can still turn it around. Ditch Luke Ball immediately and fully back Adams to excel in his role where he belongs and watch the results take care of themselves.

The boy has the makings of a black and white star, and don't forget Geelong and it's No1 recruiter Stephen Wells made a massive play for Adams but we pipped them because of Shaw. Don't tell me they were chasing a player with massive kicking flaw.

In any case, Adams' kicking now is no worse than Ball's, which had never been put under the scrutiny it should have, and he has time on his side to get it right.

IMO it is 95% confidence and Adams' technique is reasonably sound.

Whats laughable is going backwards for 3 years when inheriting a young premiership winning list. Whats laughable is our gameplan, recruiting, player management and skills. Get the picture?

Whats laughable is going backwards for 3 years when inheriting a young premiership winning list. Whats laughable is our gameplan, recruiting, player management and skills. Get the picture?

Wasn't Carlton in the finals and on an upward trend when Mick took them over? Every coaching change takes time.

If this turns out to be true the main person to blame will be Buckley, as his handling of Adams so far has been a disaster.

He's been constantly played out of position, as sub and dropped at a moment's notice and now clearly his confidence is shot.

Compare this to Roos' treatment of Dom Tyson at Melbourne. Tyson and Adams came across as highly rated recruits with slight queries on disposal but positives that far outweighed the negatives.

Tyson has been pumped up, given a position of responsibility, a role that suits and allowed to make mistakes without fear of the axe falling every other week.

The only difference between this pair right now is poor coaching and I hope we can still turn it around. Ditch Luke Ball immediately and fully back Adams to excel in his role where he belongs and watch the results take care of themselves.

The boy has the makings of a black and white star, and don't forget Geelong and it's No1 recruiter Stephen Wells made a massive play for Adams but we pipped them because of Shaw. Don't tell me they were chasing a player with massive kicking flaw.

In any case, Adams' kicking now is no worse than Ball's, which had never been put under the scrutiny it should have, and he has time on his side to get it right.

IMO it is 95% confidence and Adams' technique is reasonably sound.
Dom Tyson was probably also going to make it. At his height in the midfield it's one thing Buckley has failed to recruit in his 3 years holding the big leash. His recruitment of small mids is a worry for his successor should this all go pear shaped.

Dom Tyson was probably also going to make it. At his height in the midfield it's one thing Buckley has failed to recruit in his 3 years holding the big leash. His recruitment of small mids is a worry for his successor should this all go pear shaped.
I don't think a whole 6cm in height is going to be difference in Tyson making it and Adams not. Adams is built fine for an inside mid role.

Fact is, Tyson was in and out of Giants team more than Adams so I wouldn't agree he was more likely to make it. He's just been nurtured a whole lot better this year.

I don't blame Buckley for our recruitment of too many smaller types, he is guided by Hine in this.

But I do blame him for making a mental mess of Adams and starving the likes of Broomhead, Kennedy and Martin for opportunity while his underperforming untouchables get games regardless of form and results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U can't just use bucks as a scapegoat.
Give him a bit more time.
We all know we have had a horrible injury run this season.
If we have our best 22 in and still play the way we are then I will start pointing fingers at the coaching staff

U can't just use bucks as a scapegoat.
Give him a bit more time.
We all know we have had a horrible injury run this season.
If we have our best 22 in and still play the way we are then I will start pointing fingers at the coaching staff
But each of Buckley's 3 years we have experienced more than our share of injuries. If this were the only year, the excuse might seem legitimate, but to have a long injury list each year suggests some kind of fitness or coaching malfunction. Perhaps our players are more brittle than those of other clubs - ceramic men who don't bounce when dropped. A review of our injuries and Davoren's role in our program should be implemented.

Last edited:
The only untouchable is me right now is Pendlebury. I could've named 10 players every year from 2000 - 2011.
Someone made an untouchable thread looking back in about 2004 it came about because of the Buckley trade from Brisbane and to name your top 10 untouchables. The only player I'd be sad to see leave right now in a trade would be Scott Pendlebury. I believe we'd get better players trading anyone else.
Do you live in a fantasy world?

So we are going to trade reid, beams, cloke to name just 3 and get better players.

It may work on playstation but not real life

You'd probably be surprised then that journos read these forums to get an insight into what the footy "community" think. A loud enough chorus on these forums will be heard by the media. Sure, it doesn't mean the club will act on it, but the media will put pressure on the club.
That assumes these forums are "the centre of the world" and they are not.
Far more people don't post on forums than do, we are but a very small minority with an even smaller minority wanting Bucks out.

Wasn't Carlton in the finals and on an upward trend when Mick took them over? Every coaching change takes time.

Which proves the point you dont make changes when your doing well. What possible outcome can be achieved by doing that except going backwards and wrecking what you have built.

Malthouse kept his job for 10 years because he was able to show how he could build a side up in a short amount of time and continue to make GFs.
Buckley is yet to make a gf and looks far from it. Simple.
Gary Ayres made GF"s and didn't win any eventually got sacked, Rodney Eade made GF's didn't win and got sacked. Neale daniher made GF and got sacked. my list goes on.. your argument is flawed !

Gary Ayres made GF"s and didn't win any eventually got sacked, Rodney Eade made GF's didn't win and got sacked. Neale daniher made GF and got sacked. my list goes on.. your argument is flawed !

You forgot the biggest example of that ... Tommy Hafey :(

young premiership list?? Keefe / Kennedy / Adams / Langdon / Frost / William / Witts / Williams /Seedsman / Thomas have not won a premiership and all have played 25 games under who played in our last loss. since the primiership team that you so call as young. Shaw / Thomas / Didak / Tarrant / Jolly / Brown / Lockyer / Dawes / Obree / Johnson / Wellingham are either over 30 or not wanted by the club. that's more then halg the list... your argument is that he took over a young list. but then you say poor skills. so if he " took over that list as your indicating " how is poor skills his fault ??/ the game plan to which we had in place pre-season has broken down due to KPP out injured.

young premiership list?? Keefe / Kennedy / Adams / Langdon / Frost / William / Witts / Williams /Seedsman / Thomas have not won a premiership and all have played 25 games under who played in our last loss. since the primiership team that you so call as young. Shaw / Thomas / Didak / Tarrant / Jolly / Brown / Lockyer / Dawes / Obree / Johnson / Wellingham are either over 30 or not wanted by the club. that's more then halg the list... your argument is that he took over a young list. but then you say poor skills. so if he " took over that list as your indicating " how is poor skills his fault ??/ the game plan to which we had in place pre-season has broken down due to KPP out injured.

Hate to be pedantic about being factually correct.. but here goes... Keefe, Adams, Williams, Thomas and Seedsman have all in fact played over 25 games... some like Adams are closing in on 50. Also, Tarrant wasn't on the list in 2010.

Don't bother with him. He can't see past the "1st-4th-6th therefore we're going backwards because of Bucks" argument :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back