#Sackwatch - Poll Updated!!!

Who will be the first EPL manager sacked this season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Who will be the first EPL manager sacked this season?

8668.jpg

I'm glad that he's not looking happy. TBH, i'd be concerned if he was.
Exactly, always found it weird why people used to bag out Wenger for throwing water bottles etc. If your manager doesn't get angry about bad results/ref decisions/mistakes/missed chances etc then he shouldn't be there anymore.

Why would Van Gaal be in the race? He'd be fine if he gets top 4, right? Considering the way Woody failed him in the market he deserves some slack
If our ineptitude going forward continues, he will come under pressure from the fans. It's not enough to win as a United manager, you must win playing attacking football. If United finish 4th but play shite all season, he'll be gone in the summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If our ineptitude going forward continues, he will come under pressure from the fans. It's not enough to win as a United manager, you must win playing attacking football. If United finish 4th but play shite all season, he'll be gone in the summer.

Righteeeeo

I don't think that defense is good enough for him to open up the shoulders of the team though

Righteeeeo

I don't think that defense is good enough for him to open up the shoulders of the team though
i know it sounds a bit silly. I will be absolutely flabbergasted if at least 1 of a CF and a CB doesn't come in.

And on the defense, the clubs mentality has always been to score more goals than the opposition, rather win 4-3 than 1-0, etc.

Is it though? I remember for Fergie's latter 10 years, 1-0 to Man Utd was pretty frequent. He knows there are days that you can't play well but they still grind the 3 points out. There are days that you score a few as well but he was flexible, he knew when to go away from home and dog it out

I think Fergie's done well to make everyone believe that his Man Utd sides were totally swashbuckling entertainers, they were flexible

Is it though? I remember for Fergie's latter 10 years, 1-0 to Man Utd was pretty frequent. He knows there are days that you can't play well but they still grind the 3 points out. There are days that you score a few as well but he was flexible, he knew when to go away from home and dog it out

I think Fergie's done well to make everyone believe that his Man Utd sides were totally swashbuckling entertainers, they were flexible
The side never set up to win 1-0. We certainly had our fair share of poor performances where we ground it out, but we never set up like that.

You guys used to come to Anfield all the time and put 5 in midfield and look for a set piece goal from O'Shea or Wes Brown or whatever so I don't think that's true

I remember you guys parking it against the Invincible Arsenals as well. He started to laugh at Wenger for being a one trick pony and he'd just own him by packing midfield, sitting back and counter. Fergie actually did it a lot, he just makes everyone believe he doesn't

I don't think Van Gaal should be sacked if he gets CL, would be fickle if he is. He should be judged on whether the Man Utd side's any closer to the title after 3 years

Last edited:
You guys used to come to Anfield all the time and put 5 in midfield and look for a set piece goal from O'Shea or Wes Brown or whatever so I don't think that's true

I remember you guys parking it against the Invincible Arsenals as well. Fergie actually did it a lot

I don't think Van Gaal should be sacked if he gets CL, would be fickle if he is. He should be judged on whether the Man Utd side's any closer to the title after 3 years
4th is mediocrity for United, is this how Arsenal fans feel (no offence intended)? It's some kind of hollow victory. Yay, we get to play Champions league next season rather than, lets aim to WIN the champions league AND then Premier League. I probably sound like a spoilt brat typing that :p

I agree that he will be judged on where the team is at when he leaves. If United are 4th this year and next, i'll be pissed.

Yeah, i guess you are right on away games at Anfield, we did set up to keep it tight and nick a goal. Against Arsenal we played on the counter, and it was devastating when it came off.

Yeah Fergie sides were always the best at countering, he didn't win all those damn trophies playing only one way. I suspect Van Gaal has been trying to wrestle with a way that works for the squad atm, he's tried a lot the past 12 months. We'll see what he comes up with. I actually think he's done quite well

But if Guardiola's available next season then I wouldn't be surprised if the Mancs go for it, but without Messi his sides are actually boring ;) Plus would like to see Schweinsteiger's face

Back