Sacramento Kings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

xx3j.jpg

8j4v.jpg

Got this in the mail today. Love it!

Bit of a nothing trade really. Other than saving about a million on this year's salary and breaking MT's deal into smaller pieces.

Jet is done! Evans was an elite rebounder and nothing else. Key word being was.
MT goes to a pretty s**t team for him. The team is full of scorers that needs the ball to be effective and he won't be getting too many more shots than in Sacramento. Especially with iso Joe in front of him in the depth charts.

Not particularly liking the players we are supposedly looking at and who are we looking to move on.

I always liked Jack but not sure I like his contract. I like JT. I think he is a great 3rd big men in a rotation that can play PF and C effectively but this new hierarchy is hell bent on moving him. He is the only genuine role player we have on that team. Everyone else needs shots to be effective. I would trade Landry for Jack but this front office signed him and I doubt they would trade him this early. Didn't like the signing when it happened and don't like it now.

Why is it that our front office seems to be obsessed with everything related to GSW. I know our owner was part owner there. I know Mullin played there and was a GM there for a while. I know that Pete D'Alessandro was his assistant there. Heck i know Mike Malone was an assistant coach there but now we are going after their ex players us well. First Landry and now Jack.

I would be fine if GWS ever won anything but they have been a run and good, jump shooting team that has never been to the big dance and will never be with their mentality but we seem to be copying them. Why aren't we copying the Spurs or the Pacers or teams that play the type of basketball that will give you a chance to win in the play offs and go all the way. Instead we seem to want to be the high scoring team and hell with defence and building a team that fits. Instead we like to accumulated misfits.

A meh trade. Jet is beyond finished and Evans only value will be trying to decipher if it's him grabbing the rebound or Quincy Acy.

I don't mind, we're lottery bound and need a star in the Wiggins/Exum mould more than anything

I think we have managed to create a bigger mess than we had originally to be honest and unless Gay opts out, we are right up to the luxury tax limit next year and that is before re-signing Thomas to a new contract and signing the draft pick which is likely to be top 7.

Its bad enough being a luxury tax team but its pretty dumb being the luxury tax team and still the worst team in the west! :eek:

I don't think we'll be trading in anything more than an average role player this off season with the money on Gay, Cousins and soon to be Isaiah Thomas sucking up the funds.
Lets hope we nail this draft, we are the worst team in the west yet we're looking at picks 5-8 :confused: Please let one of Randle, Exum or Smart fall to us

Rendell would just be a terrible fit next to Cousins. We have the issue where 3 of out players are high usage guys to the point where in majority of the time the rest of the roster does not get a sniff offensively.

Rendell, if he is not featured offensively is useless and as such he would just be wasted in Sacramento because he is not going to get any looks next to Cousins, Gay and Thomas.

A high level defensive role player would be a MUCH MUCH better fit. I reckon a tall shotblocker that is also a good rebounder who can guard PFs and Cs would be a much needed asset. Think of a PF version of Noah or even Ibaka (that does not take many shots just takes what is there like he did a couple of seasons ago). That's why I am intrigued by Embiid but we are unlikely to get him.

The one player that is attainable and would be an intriguing fit is Willie Cauley-Stein. I think he could fit like a glove but probably not worth the pick that we are going to have.

Exum is another interesting one for me. Can play both guard positions and has strong defensive potential. For whatever reason the front office is high on McLemore (I don't see it) and are sticking with him. IT-Exum-McLemore trio of guards would probably work in the long term with Exum eventually taking over as starter and IT returning to a dynamic 6th man role that suits his game brilliantly.

Then again we could stike it lucky and get a top pick! We are due! :D

Oh and I think out team is not as bad as the record suggests. We had injuries to Cousins and Gay which we are not able to cover but in games where Cousins-Gay-IT played the whole game (i.e. excluding those cut short by injuries to Cousins and/or Gay) the Kings have a 14-14 record including wins against some pretty good teams along the way.

I do think we are better than what the record suggests but we go only as far as Cousins takes us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rning-los-angeles-lakers-jeanie-buss/5945745/

"Whether that's a good deal or not is still to be determined. Can they sustain a team? Will it be a sustainable thing? They're charged with getting an arena. The NBA has (said), have them get a plan, get an arena. And they provided a plan. But we know how hard the Maloofs had to work to try and get one and couldn't get it done."

- Phil Jackson

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

No, no, wait a minute..... Hahahahahahahahahaha! You idiot Phil!

003%20High%20School.jpg

That was ugly!

On the bright side, Ray McCullum continues to show he can be a nice player in this league. Scary that our 2nd round draft pick who played a total of 63 minutes prior to trade deadline is our best perimeter defender :eek:

I haven't been here in so long D: I'll try to be more active from now on

Ray Mccallum is playing at the level which we were estatic about with Isaiah at the start of the year. But his defines is also solid.

Both he and Thomas provide great spark as point guards. I'm loving it, especially with Gay and Cousins allowed to do their things as well.

Need to build around these guys!

Ray Mccallum is playing at the level which we were estatic about with Isaiah at the start of the year. But his defines is also solid.

Both he and Thomas provide great spark as point guards. I'm loving it, especially with Gay and Cousins allowed to do their things as well.

Need to build around these guys!

With the emergence of McCallum do you guys still pay to keep Thomas around? Or is that money better spent elsewhere?

With the emergence of McCallum do you guys still pay to keep Thomas around? Or is that money better spent elsewhere?

It's hard to play them together as they're both similar players...and small for PG's. Mccallum defends better which is needed all over the court, but he's far more unproven than baby Zeke at this point who's been consistently good for a couple of seasons now.

Personally I'd keep them both and have them rotate through the backcourt and bench, it's McLemore that needs to stand up and make the SG his own position.

Sacramento had Cousins, Gay and Thomas all average above 20 points a game.
Apart from Mccollum (good late season form as starting PG) and in spurts Derrick Williams and Ben McLemore, I don't see any reason to keep anyone else on the roster when the production outside the 3 big names is near on pathetic.

Sacramento had Cousins, Gay and Thomas all average above 20 points a game.
Apart from Mccollum (good late season form as starting PG) and in spurts Derrick Williams and Ben McLemore, I don't see any reason to keep anyone else on the roster when the production outside the 3 big names is near on pathetic.
I would like to keep JT as a 1st big off the bench that can play both PF and C. He would be playing roughly the same minutes (~25mpg) for pretty much the same production. He is a player that is solid at everything but not great at anything...jack of all trades master of none!

I would love to keep Rudy but IT will depend on the price that he gets offered. Ideally he would be my 6th man off the bench in the Jamal Crawford mould.

We need to get rid of Carl Landry and Jason Terry before I throw up.

Even if it's for a really shitty draft pick, just... get rid of them.

I would like to keep JT as a 1st big off the bench that can play both PF and C. He would be playing roughly the same minutes (~25mpg) for pretty much the same production. He is a player that is solid at everything but not great at anything...jack of all trades master of none!

I would love to keep Rudy but IT will depend on the price that he gets offered. Ideally he would be my 6th man off the bench in the Jamal Crawford mould.

Yeah JT can play the 4/5 adeptly so I can see his value as a garbageman off the bench.

Man I hope Mccollum comes on as that floor general defensive minded point guard we're screaming out for. IT off the bench pllleeeeaaaaase!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back