Sacramento Kings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Smith is puzzling, with the Depth of Sac town and having a very high usagle big already

Royce White? Please

Cherry picking? May work in rec center basketball.

What the hell do they want? Kings were while a bit out of the way of making play-offs looked competitive. Malone's only fault is Demarcus should of been taking his vitamins?

Should be very interesting to see how we come out and play against the counter attacking champs OKC, if we try and jack up shots off the dribble half the time we're moving up court we'll be trailing by 30 midway through the 3rd quarter.

That's exactly it, if Cousins wasn't injured Malone wouldn't have been sacked.

How a group of men can't rationally comprehend that has me baffled; and mightily pissed off.
Not really! Our GM, said on Sacramento radio that we would have sacked Malone even if we were winning and were 16-9 because this is not about the wins and losses but the style of play. They want a run and gun team and not necessarily a winning team as those comments suggest which is bullshit in itself!

When you have the biggest low post weapon in recent years and likely the biggest low post weapon since in prime Shaq, you don't run and gun. You pound the teams from the low post in a half course offense where you let Cousins kick ass and take names and take their lunch money while he is at it!

Next big move, trade Cousins because he does not fit their vision of running and gunning.

For those that didn't get to see it today -

We never got to see him in his prime in Nawlins, but he was a hell of a player.

Still think of these lulz whenever I think of him:

pejatweet.jpg

Not that it needs any confirmation but DeMarcus Cousins is a ******* BEAST!

Oh and Rudy Gay is a completely different player when he is on the court with DeMarcus Cousins. Just a LOT more efficient.

Oh and say no to Deron Williams!

Ladies and gentleman, we have just been Maloofed! :(

Your best player is a low post, half court beast! Your second best player is most effective in the half court offense posting up and you decide you want to be a run and gun team?! Are you ******* SERIOUS?!?!?!

Seems to me that Malone was the only one that knew what it takes to be a contender and what it means to play to the strengths of your best player. Cousins, Gay, Collison and Casspi are having career years. Ben McLemore has come on in leaps and bounds this season under Malone's development. The team has come out of the toughest part of the schedule and is hovering aroun .500 without its best player and *******s decide that they want to run!

**** you geeks, you are a JOKE! Chris Mullin has been a disaster in the front office in both GSW and in Sacramento, yet he is an advisor. PDA is a geeky wanna be who does not know what it takes to win! Don Nelson type of basketball never has won a championship and it never will but these idiots think its all the rage.

Malone was turning things around and he has been given a roster where pieces did not fit but he still managed to turn it into a competitive team that was brusing teams inside.

Next move is to trade for Josh Smith. If this crap is not stopped in time, Cousins will want out then these idiots can run and gun all they like. Just look at the disasterous style that Reno Bighorns are playing this season for a glimpse of what these idiots want. Now all we need is to play 4 on 5 defense and we will be even a bigger laughing stock than we already are.

It's been reported that the Houston Rockets are close to signing Josh Smith as a free agent.

It's been reported that the Houston Rockets are close to signing Josh Smith as a free agent.
Great news for Kings! :D

Seriously, the only way I wanted J Smoove near my team was with Malone as a head coach who knows how to manage different personalities and stresses defence. Oh and he has a very structured offence. With the current rubbish style that we are playing we would be seeing Detroit's version of J Smoove and that is not a good look. DMC would strangle him before HT of his debut game.

Great news for Kings! :D

Seriously, the only way I wanted J Smoove near my team was with Malone as a head coach who knows how to manage different personalities and stresses defence. Oh and he has a very structured offence. With the current rubbish style that we are playing we would be seeing Detroit's version of J Smoove and that is not a good look. DMC would strangle him before HT of his debut game.

Not happy with the way we are currently playing. No defensive set-up and we are getting scored against badly. Not having DMC hasn't helped and players like Thompson and Landry just don't do enough. Rudy Gay seems to play better when Cousins is out there on court. I don't know what's happened to Jason Thompson right now but he's horribly out of form. I would like to see Omri Casspi and Derrick Williams getting more game-time.

So the latest set of results prove that the ownership and front office are smoking crack and Malone was the only one with any Basketball accumen in that lot. The defensive fall off has been remarkable since the sacking. With the defensive fall of, of course the results keep heading south. Style over substance baby! :rolleyes:

The Kings finally snap their losing streak doing it in overtime against the Knicks (129-135). DeMarcus Cousins scored a season high 39 points despite only playing 32 minutes of game-time. Cousins has now recorded his 15th double-double of the season.

Cousins: 39 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks
Gay: 29 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks
Collison: 27 points, 10 assists, 2 steals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously have no idea how the Knicks were able to get back in it ...

Ive been seeing snippets of Kings games for weeks, would love some opinions.

1. McLemore. Plays like Jimmy Butler to me. I think he's a keeper.

2. Derrick Williams has come on in the past couple of weeks. But he's a classic tweener. Poor man's Jeff Green. Why are you playing him?

3. Disappointed in Stauskas so far?

I seriously have no idea how the Knicks were able to get back in it ...
Style over substance! We don't mind losing as long as we look good doing it by scoring a lot <insert sarcastic smiley here>

That's the mantra of the new hierarchy and I love the fact that Cousins spoke out after the game and just about called the hierarchy out on they style of game they are pushing. To paraphrase Cousins, we need to get back to our identity of being a defensive team who grind out wins. We almost lost this to the Knicks at home DESPITE the "big 3" having great games. That should knock some sense into these fraudsters running the team in Sacramento.

The Kings have finally broken their losing streak against Oklahoma City Thunder by causing a huge upset winning by 21 points at home (83-104). Oklahoma had a 12 game winning streak against the Kings going into this game.

The first quarter is what set the win up when Sacramento went on a (25-7) and carried it on from there which was pleasing.

DeMarcus Cousins played a great game, as did Darren Collison and Rudy Gay. Limiting Russell Westbrook to only the 10 points and 7 turnovers also helped set this win up. He had no influence on this game and didn't look threatening at all. Hopefully this win can give the players some confidence now and we can carry this form into the next game.

Rudy Gay: 28 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
Darren Collison: 24 points, 1 rebound, 7 assists, 2 steals
DeMarcus Cousins: 23 points, 15 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 3 blokes
Ben McLemore: 11 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 steals

This is more like the Kings we love. Some great D was played by the team. Cousins led the way defensively. In that 3rd quarter on 4 defensive pessages of play in a row, he took 3 charges and blocked Durant at the rim. The dude is a beast. He shot 6/23 but his impact on the game was huge. It was all about the D in this one and to hell with the run and gun! JT was also a big part defensively for us.

On a side note, I have this feeling that the Kings will attempt to trade for Faried. He is the exact type of player that this front office likes and PDA was at Denver when Faried was drafted. I say watch this space.

We do need to hire George Karl already!

This is more like the Kings we love. Some great D was played by the team. Cousins led the way defensively. In that 3rd quarter on 4 defensive pessages of play in a row, he took 3 charges and blocked Durant at the rim. The dude is a beast. He shot 6/23 but his impact on the game was huge. It was all about the D in this one and to hell with the run and gun! JT was also a big part defensively for us.

On a side note, I have this feeling that the Kings will attempt to trade for Faried. He is the exact type of player that this front office likes and PDA was at Denver when Faried was drafted. I say watch this space.

We do need to hire George Karl already!

I think we already have.

http://www.sportal.com.au/nba/report-kings-finally-hire-george-karl/i5mnbquk0r3g1upjt20a4ps8t

He will coach his first game against the Celtics on Saturday 21st February.

Some direction, or let's hope.

Cull back Sessions, Landry's and Evans minutes and let the young guys fight for roster spots next year.

Pretty much this. Our season is dead and buried so we might as well give more games into the likes of McCallum, Stauskas, Williams and co.

With the current sacramento roster currently struggling to gel, who would you keep or look at trading for the next season? IMO, the improvement has to come from the 2 & 4 spots.

With the current sacramento roster currently struggling to gel, who would you keep or look at trading for the next season? IMO, the improvement has to come from the 2 & 4 spots.

I would trade Jason Thompson. I don't think he does enough and we are struggling on offense and we could really do with a power forward who can score consistently. That's something we need to look at going forward.

Players like Hollins and Evans don't really offer us much and I would be surprised if those two aren't moved on from our roster at the end of the season. The improvement must come from the likes of McLemore, Stauskas, McCallum, Williams and I'd even throw Casspi into that mix as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back