AFL Club
North Melbourne
Last edited:

Splash Brother

Senior List
Feb 15, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Marco is a big addition. Rondo could be good if his attitude is ok and gels with the team. That's a big if though.

Starting to obtain more depth on the roster who can contribute regularly.

Drumroe

Premiership Player
May 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Wouldnt surprise me if Karl goes with a starting lineup of Rondo Belli Gay Casspi and Cousins.

Splash Brother

Senior List
Feb 15, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Will be interesting. I think another big would help who could hold down a few mins to give starters a rest. A big 4-5 man in particular.

Hipster Doofus

Bigfooty's Neighbour
Feb 14, 2011
Apartment 5B
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Rondo
Bellinelli
Cassipi
Gay
Cousins
--------
Collison
McLemore
Anderson
?????
Caulie-Stein

No idea who this James Anderson is, find a competent stretch 4 for the bench unit and thats an interesting line-up to say the least. Cousins can carry us on his back on offence at times but he may not need to.

Hipster Doofus

Bigfooty's Neighbour
Feb 14, 2011
Apartment 5B
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Anderson averaged 10.3 and 3.1 rebounds a game when he last played NBA in the 2013-2014 season. Interesting. Bench option to fill in the wing roles, worth the price and gamble I guess.

Hipster Doofus

Bigfooty's Neighbour
Feb 14, 2011
Apartment 5B
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Love the Koufos signing, grounded player, does his role.

Rondo
Bellinelli
Gay
Cousins
Caulie-Stein
-----------
Collison/McCallum
McLemore
Anderson
Cassipi
Koufos

Interesting to see how it all meshes, talented unit though.
Cousins has a lot of attention away from him which is probably my favourite aspect of the new look line up.

Splash Brother

Senior List
Feb 15, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Have to be happy with the changes to the roster so far.......more talent, more depth, more scoring, more 3pt shooting, more options than the roster last year.

Outs:
Thompson
McCallum
Stauskas
Landry
Williams

Ins:
Rondo
Belinelli
Butler
Cauley-Stein
Koufos
Anderson

One thing that the current owner and management group can't be criticised for is identifying needs and making hard calls on players who would not lead the team to what it wants to achieve. (Thompson, Landry, Williams) are all good team men and good to have around for morale but are not consistent contributing members on a good winning team.

I believe that the current roster is a 10-12 game winning team over last years if not more. This would put them at 41-41 and a .500 record. Maybe the first winning record in 9 years.

Either way, they should be a better spectacle to watch than the effort the team displayed over the last 25 games last year.

Welcome back to the Kings Luc Richard Mbah a Moute!

Starting line-up

PG: Rondo
SG: Belinelli
F: Gay
PF: Cousins
C: Koufos
--------------
Bench
Collison
McLemore
Cauley-Stein
Casspi
Mbah a Moute
Miller
Butler
Evans
Anderson

Now I'm excited for the upcoming season! :D

Last edited:

Thunder_Dan

Senior List
Jul 15, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Have to be happy with the changes to the roster so far.......more talent, more depth, more scoring, more 3pt shooting, more options than the roster last year.

Outs:
Thompson
McCallum
Stauskas
Landry
Williams

Ins:
Rondo
Belinelli
Butler
Cauley-Stein
Koufos
Anderson

One thing that the current owner and management group can't be criticised for is identifying needs and making hard calls on players who would not lead the team to what it wants to achieve. (Thompson, Landry, Williams) are all good team men and good to have around for morale but are not consistent contributing members on a good winning team.

I believe that the current roster is a 10-12 game winning team over last years if not more. This would put them at 41-41 and a .500 record. Maybe the first winning record in 9 years.

Either way, they should be a better spectacle to watch than the effort the team displayed over the last 25 games last year.

I agree splash brother. Good to see management and owners making hard decisions on players that have been at the club from a few years but can't take the team to the next level. Bringing in players without giving away to much could be what the team needs to move forward.

Quincy Acy is back at the Kings! Agrees to a 2-year contract. :D

20131217_kdl_as1_168.0-277x235.jpg

Hipster Doofus

Bigfooty's Neighbour
Feb 14, 2011
Apartment 5B
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Was a fan of the Ace in his brief few months with us. You can't ask for much more when you play a guy 8-10 minutes a night.

Seth Curry is a great addition at point guard too, he might develop into something solid; and his summer league play suggests he's already halfway there.

Splash Brother

Senior List
Feb 15, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Well said. Totally agree.

I always think where would these players find themselves with the better teams in the league and to be honest, they would probably be a 8, 9, 10 spot.

I still don't understand on why they would draft Staukas after putting all their eggs into the one basket (McLemore) after originally starting with Thorton at the 2 spot last year before trading him. Trading Thorton was a good trade both for money and minutes for McLemore but then they go and double up on a 2 guard when there were substantial needs at other positions.

So here is my point from before........JT now with Warriors, was starting PF for us, where will he be for GS? I'm guessing about 8-9 in rotation. Same as Ray.........will play minimal minutes in San Antonio behind Parker, Green, Ginobili & Mills.

At least the players that have been added this year are coming off solid minutes for good teams. 2 out of following 3, Collison, McLemore and Belinelli will come off the bench which will improve depth and consistency from the roster last year.

Rondo will be ok this year its not really a huge risk either way, Rudy being here helps him not be a prick. If we end up sub .350 then i cant blame cuz for wanting out. Aslong as we get something decent back could be good for all involved. I will die inside but the guy deserves to be on a decent team. Im actually quite optimistic for this year. Its been the best offseason for us for a very long time.

Back