Saeed Ajmal banned from bowling

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting Twitter war between M Crowe for the Purists and Dean Jones for the soulless sell outs. I'm all for moving forward but let's keep it within the laws of the game.

Agreed. We cannot allow bowlers just pinging away with no regard for the laws of the game. Some laws are rubbery and open for review, but others are in place to keep the game balanced between bat and ball. It saddens me to hear younger posters dismissing the thoughts of a great bowler such as Bishen Bedi, a bowler who turned spin into an art form, simply because he played 30+ years ago.

Funny to hear Deano in the bowler's corner ... is this the same player who wouldn't allow Ambrose to wear sweat bands?

Agreed. We cannot allow bowlers just pinging away with no regard for the laws of the game. Some laws are rubbery and open for review, but others are in place to keep the game balanced between bat and ball. It saddens me to hear younger posters dismissing the thoughts of a great bowler such as Bishen Bedi, a bowler who turned spin into an art form, simply because he played 30+ years ago.

Funny to hear Deano in the bowler's corner ... is this the same player who wouldn't allow Ambrose to wear sweat bands?

Hear, Hear - I have loved Bedi's comments all along on the chuckers - keeping it real!

Geez I should take up cricket if you can allow Ajmal to throw.

I thought his action looked sus and it reminds me of in slow motion of Murali - The King of Chuck.

How the f* does the ICC let a guy play for so many years with a suspect action.

BONA FIDE CHUCKER like his mate MURALI.

Geez I should take up cricket if you can allow Ajmal to throw.

I thought his action looked sus and it reminds me of in slow motion of Murali - The King of Chuck.

How the f* does the ICC let a guy play for so many years with a suspect action.

BONA FIDE CHUCKER like his mate MURALI.
It's called politics.

Here's some homework for you - go and look up Bishan Bedi on Wikipedia - check out some of his thoughts on it.

You mean about the javelin thrower, yes I have heard that from a long time back now going years when he called Murali about being one.

Word is ajmal was 40 degrees on some deliveries with an average of 30...FFS.

We might have to spend the next few decades kissing the BCCI's arse but if it means we run such ridiculous bowling actions out of the sport then maybe it's worth it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how all of sudden common sense prevails and a number of people in high places look like the sell outs that they were. How's Murali's contract to act as a spin bowling consultant to CA looking now? I have nothing against Murali other than I believe his action to be illegal under the laws of the game as they stood.

Amazing how all of sudden common sense prevails and a number of people in high places look like the sell outs that they were. How's Murali's contract to act as a spin bowling consultant to CA looking now? I have nothing against Murali other than I believe his action to be illegal under the laws of the game as they stood.

Looks good. Murali isn't teaching Lyon the doosra and he can still teach the spinners a lot about how to read a batsman.

And apparently he and Hughes are going to the UAE early so Murali can teach Hughes how to read spin. If he manages that then it's worth it

Looks good. Murali isn't teaching Lyon the doosra and he can still teach the spinners a lot about how to read a batsman.

And apparently he and Hughes are going to the UAE early so Murali can teach Hughes how to read spin. If he manages that then it's worth it
I heard an interview with Lyon he was very diplomatic but in a nutshell said I'm not sure what he can teach me as we are different bowlers.

Murali helping out CA still looks fine I think. The ICC are running the crackdown (even if we may have helped instigate it). Will give invaluable experience for many of our players I think given our woes against spin. Regardless of personal opinion on Murali he was technically cleared twice and the rule changes allowed him the freedom to keep bowling.

I hope Ajmal does come back with a fixed action (if possible) as he's a very clever bowler. One only has to look at the likes of Herath to see that you can use guile and intelligent placement/pace changes to get you bags of wickets. But with how messed up how far back he's coming from at nearly 37 years of age it'll be an uphill battle.

Is there anyone dodgy floating around the higher Australian levels apart from Gannon?

Murali helping out CA still looks fine I think. The ICC are running the crackdown (even if we may have helped instigate it). Will give invaluable experience for many of our players I think given our woes against spin. Regardless of personal opinion on Murali he was technically cleared twice and the rule changes allowed him the freedom to keep bowling.

I hope Ajmal does come back with a fixed action (if possible) as he's a very clever bowler. One only has to look at the likes of Herath to see that you can use guile and intelligent placement/pace changes to get you bags of wickets. But with how messed up how far back he's coming from at nearly 37 years of age it'll be an uphill battle.

Is there anyone dodgy floating around the higher Australian levels apart from Gannon?
Johan Botha still worries me, there is a lad at my old club in Sydney that is hovering around some squads that I believe throws them. There are more and more appearing at grade level. Invers was allegedly close to being being cited by the match referee at a shield game for walking past the umps and saying something along the lines of what are you going to do about that chucker? - he was referring to Botha.

Johan Botha still worries me, there is a lad at my old club in Sydney that is hovering around some squads that I believe throws them. There are more and more appearing at grade level. Invers was allegedly close to being being cited by the match referee at a shield game for walking past the umps and saying something along the lines of what are you going to do about that chucker? - he was referring to Botha.

I know WA complained about Botha last year.

Senanayake played some BBL didn't he?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/780127.html

FMD. That's one way to get yourself to over 400 international wickets, I guess.

What is even in the testing centre in Perth? Just one of these?
images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back