B Gram M Hudgton S Fisher
HB R Clarke Maguire Gilbert
C Montagna L Ball Baker
HF X Clarke Riewoldt Hamill
F Goddard Kosi Milne
R Gardiner Dal Santo Hayes
I L Fisher Harvey Fiora Watts

E Blake Voss Rix McQualter Armitage Attard

Suggestions, actually looks quite strong without injuries, emergencies ie depth is weak though, what areas do we need to strengthen?

no way is raph clarke in the top 22 at the moment, has showed nothing. Hopefully has a huge preseason and can prove he is a solid player next year.

apart from that a very good lineup

no way is raph clarke in the top 22 at the moment, has showed nothing. Hopefully has a huge preseason and can prove he is a solid player next year.

apart from that a very good lineup
Not top 18 (I'd have Little Fish in there before him), but sadly he is in our top 22. Looking at our emergencies shows how little depth we have, barring trades or some really good drafting he'll start in the 22 next year.

In terms of areas that need strengthening, we need another key back in case Max breaks down again, a third tall forward in the unfortunately too likely event Hamill doesn't come up, another ruck to give Kosi more time in the forward line and a pacey, goal-kicking midfielder. I'm a big fan of Ball, Dal, Lenny and co. but they don't kick enough goals and that hurts us far too much.

I believe these are our options to fill the holes:

KPB - Goddard/Rance (pick 9 in draft)
3rd Forward - Watts/Brooks/Goddard
Extra Ruck - Cameron Wood
Goal Kicking mid - Travis Johnstone

Goddard is the interesting one. He can play down back, might even be tall enough to play CHB. He can play forward with his leap and marking ability. Could he even play on the ball? He's got that grunt about him.

I believe these are our options to fill the holes:

KPB - Goddard/Rance (pick 9 in draft)
3rd Forward - Watts/Brooks/Goddard
Extra Ruck - Cameron Wood
Goal Kicking mid - Travis Johnstone

Goddard is the interesting one. He can play down back, might even be tall enough to play CHB. He can play forward with his leap and marking ability. Could he even play on the ball? He's got that grunt about him.

I don't know about BJ on the ball. For some reason he always looks a little slow to me, whether that's reality or my perception I don't know. I definitely like him as the 3rd tall option, good overhead and a gorgeous kick. The question is do we have enough depth to have the luxury of playing him forward.

I don't know about BJ on the ball. For some reason he always looks a little slow to me, whether that's reality or my perception I don't know. I definitely like him as the 3rd tall option, good overhead and a gorgeous kick. The question is do we have enough depth to have the luxury of playing him forward.

coming back from a knee, running in straight lines will be his best option, his turning circle is close enough to the Titanics pre knee, and if he comes back bulkier he could be the third option we need.

it is nearly a waste to put goddard on ball when he is so handy elsewhere. Also i dont know if milne would make 'my' perfect 22.. but we need a good crumming forward, not a good crumming forward who thinks he is a good midfielder. Whats the story with Jeff Farmer? How is his relationship with Freo atm?

Forward line looks a bit of a worry I reckon. Make a big play for Fevola, Roo and Fev would be fantastic for the Saints. Kosi would need to stay fully fit all season and have another good year up forward for the Saints to play finals without a player like Fev, if you guys had Fev you probably would be a certainty to go deep into September.

We've got a beauty in Jarryd Allen who will be the 3rd forward in 08.

I'd like to see a few positional changes-

B- Baker Hudgton S.Fisher
HB- Gilbert Maguire Armitage
C- Montagna Hayes Dal Santo
HF- X.Clarke Riewoldt Allen
F- Milne Koschitzke Ball
R- Gardiner Gram Baker
I- Harvey R.Clarke Goddard Fiora

E. L.Fisher Birss Watts/Brooks/Rix/Blake

Depth is an issue but as Collingwood showed this year, if you draft well then there might be a few kids that will pop up on 08 & make an impact.

Forward line looks a bit of a worry I reckon. Make a big play for Fevola, Roo and Fev would be fantastic for the Saints. Kosi would need to stay fully fit all season and have another good year up forward for the Saints to play finals without a player like Fev, if you guys had Fev you probably would be a certainty to go deep into September.
I don't think so, any trade to pick up Fevola would probably all but cripple St Kilda, as we don't have great draft picks to offer, not much room in the salary cap (I should imagine with all the re-signings this year) and no bargaining power in terms of the pre-season draft.

If we got Fevola, odds are it would be at too great a cost to give us a run at the flag next year, so no thanks

We've got a beauty in Jarryd Allen who will be the 3rd forward in 08.

I'd like to see a few positional changes-

B- Baker Hudgton S.Fisher
HB- Gilbert Maguire Armitage
C- Montagna Hayes Dal Santo
HF- X.Clarke Riewoldt Allen
F- Milne Koschitzke Ball
R- Gardiner Gram Baker
I- Harvey R.Clarke Goddard Fiora

E. L.Fisher Birss Watts/Brooks/Rix/Blake

Depth is an issue but as Collingwood showed this year, if you draft well then there might be a few kids that will pop up on 08 & make an impact.

The thing is they gave there young kids a go, we barely even touched ours this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we will play any significant role in trade week or draft any player who will walk into our team, so...

B: S.Fisher, Hudghton, R.Clarke
HB: Gram, Maguire, Gilbert
C: Fiora, Hayes, Montagna
HF: Goddard, Riewoldt, X.Clarke
F: Brooks, Koschitzke, Milne

Foll: Gardiner, Ball, Dal Santo
Int: Baker, Birss, L.Fisher, Harvey

From 2007 regular team
OUT: Gehrig, M.Clarke, Blake, Attard, Rix
IN: Brooks, Gardiner, Goddard, R.Clarke, Maguire

We don't need fev. Watts, Allen, Brooks will fill the 3rd tall forward spot.

B L Fisher Hudgeton S Fisher
HB Gram Maguire Goddard
C Dal Santo Hayes Montagna
HF X Clarke Riewoldt Fiora
F Milne Koschitzke Allen
Foll Gardiner Ball Baker
Int Gilbert Birss Harvey Wood/Rix
Eme Armitage Gwilt R Clarke Watts

To keep Kosi at FF we need another ruckman. - Trade for cameron wood.
Allen will then fill that 3rd forward roll nicely.

If we don't land another ruckman and kossie floats from ruck to the forward line - play watts at FF and play kossie/gardiner as that 3rd forward option when they're resting.

B Gram M Hudgton S Fisher
HB R Clarke Maguire Gilbert
C Montagna L Ball Baker
HF X Clarke Riewoldt Hamill
F Goddard Kosi Milne
R Gardiner Dal Santo Hayes
I L Fisher Harvey Fiora Watts

E Blake Voss Rix McQualter Armitage Attard

Suggestions, actually looks quite strong without injuries, emergencies ie depth is weak though, what areas do we need to strengthen?

You've missed one very important name.........Juddy

Play Brooks as a full forward or delist him, because he's not a ruckman's arsehole. If not Watts is a good third tall forward option. How did Sweeney go for Casey? Wasn't he supposed to be a full forward? I don't know how tall he is, but it's not that important if you can lead and mark (see: B Johnson, M Williams).

Anyone putting Leigh Fisher on the bench and Raph on the ground has it around the wrong way. I also liked Goddard across half back. His kicking is Buckley-esque.

St. Kilda has suffered by trying to make too many non-ruckmen into ruckmen because of their size. I think Kosi is a forward, Blake is a utility who can play well in defense or a run-with role, and Brooks imo should be used as a full forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back