Mod. Notice Saints Board Feedback - Looking for Background Image Suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

We want your feedback.

Please tell us what you think can improve the board. Is it well moderated?
What we are doing right, what we are doing wrong?

Give us some insight into how you use the board, why you visit and what it is that you dislike.

Please be mindful of the board rules before posting, as they also apply to this thread (keep it polite, keep it civil, refrain from getting personal regarding other posters). If you have problems with other users please contact the moderators privately. We reserve the right to delete posts that breach forum rules.

We moderators won't touch or reply to this thread for 7 days to allow everyone the chance to offer their feedback unimpeded by our interaction.

Saints Board Moderators
Kildonan Armitage2Riewoldt Squizzy1970

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this place. And I think the mods are flipping awesome. They find a great balance, of being involved without being interfering. I think you three had to see us through the darkest times of this board's history - last year from about July to November - and you were all amazing (Look2Me4Guidance , as well).

I wish that Kildonan and Squizzy1970 were able to be involved in the conversations, more, because I think you guys aren't just good moderators, but fantastic contributors in your own right. (Yes, A2R, you're fabulous too, but those two in particular don't write much here these days, to all our detriment).

If the moderators are refraining from joining discussion due to their commitments, then I'd prefer if that changed. Being a good poster is essential to being selected as a moderator, so I see no reason why we need to lose out on that, and, on the same note, given their posting quality, the chances of any mod treading into any kind of "controversial area" for a BigFooty official is slim to none, and forgiveable if it somehow ever happened.

One gripe, which I did actually outline in a thread (and was subsequently and fairly deleted) was that sometimes the mods can be too nice. By all means, we don't want some kind of Orwellian board here, but feel free to actually punish those who deserve it. I definitely do not believe that particular offenders are ignored, as I'm sure they are regularly contacted via PM, but being harsher isn't always a bad thing.

Our board mods like all great umpiring, operate with being barely seen. They allow discussion, banter and argument, but take immediate action, if it gets personal, or out of hand. Volunteer positions, that are done very well.

I like an occasional history thread, but maybe thats because I'm an historical item now too.

Great work guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually just thought of this. Just like we have a media thread maybe we should have a social media thread. Or do you think just better to post the social media comments fro twitter etc in the relevant topic thread.

Stop trying to get people to vote and give reports on players and matches. no-one responds and its kind of embarrassing.
Great in theory but there just isn't enough super dedicate posters. After all were not one of the Man. Utd. clubs of this world

Stop trying to get people to vote and give reports on players and matches. no-one responds and its kind of embarrassing.
Great in theory but there just isn't enough super dedicate posters. After all were not one of the Man. Utd. clubs of this world

What do you mean? The Board Best and Fairest or the Saints Blog one? If you're talking about the Board Best and Fairest then we have at the very least 10 posters every week and most weeks more than 20. If you're talking about the Saints Blog B&F then maybe I see your point, but there is nothing wrong with the Board B&F IMO.

What do you mean? The Board Best and Fairest or the Saints Blog one? If you're talking about the Board Best and Fairest then we have at the very least 10 posters every week and most weeks more than 20. If you're talking about the Saints Blog B&F then maybe I see your point, but there is nothing wrong with the Board B&F IMO.

sorry. i meant the 'Saints Blog'.

I'm not on here as much as I once was, but I am pretty happy with the way it is run.
I am also happy with it... apart from the fact that you're not on here as much as you once were.

381.jpg

I think the way it is moderated now is fine. I don't want or like overbearing mods swept away by there own inflated sense of self-importance.

A game day thread on the main board was invaded by 3 overzealous mods who threatened people with bans because they felt too many posters were complaining about the umpires. In there own words they were "sick of it". If people want to complain about the umpires that is their right. It is, after all a football forum.

I think the side paneling needs a bit of colour. The page is a little bland. The Richmond board is a good example. It's easy enough to read.

Other than that, good job, well done, carry on.

One last thing. How do we get more traffic though here? Any ideas?

Besides getting useless lurkers like myself to post more.

I love the history threads, maybe even more so with us in rebuild. If a BF poster has that interest, or skills would love to have regular posts on:
  • Flash backs to past games, events etc
  • Past characters, players and coaches
Nothing like appreciating the present, by understanding the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back