List Mgmt. Saints father and son

Remove this Banner Ad

A thought I've been having on father son.. Is it a disadvantage that a club has to decide during trade period if they want said player... Let's say we commit to rice around our 3rd pick.. But then during the draft a player of a much higher calibre in the same position, let's say a tucker or someone similar, slides to our second, would we regret having already committed to rice? We def don't need another 2 of that type

A thought I've been having on father son.. Is it a disadvantage that a club has to decide during trade period if they want said player... Let's say we commit to rice around our 3rd pick.. But then during the draft a player of a much higher calibre in the same position, let's say a tucker or someone similar, slides to our second, would we regret having already committed to rice? We def don't need another 2 of that type
Fortunatley we can enact the "Takseys backseys" rule. Bains just has to stand up and shout "nah ah" and our previous decision is reversed.

Its under section 4, line 3 of the playlunchtime rulebook.

They've changed that so that its live bidding. We don't need to commit. Someone bids at 25, say, and we think that's overs, then the bidder gets him.

So you dont want Rice becouscous hes not elite. Now thats food for thought:rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Quite possibly the worse freaking joke ive ever made in my life so
dc82a36c625cf4329972a05aa52c8912.600x.jpg
Pahahahahaha. I'm disgusted with myself for laughing so hard. :drunk:

They've changed that so that its live bidding. We don't need to commit. Someone bids at 25, say, and we think that's overs, then the bidder gets him.
Yes but that doesn't happen on draft day.. So my point is once the bidding is finalised come draft day if a slider of a higher caliber in the same mould of player made it to our second pick would we regret having already taken rice..

Let's say when Collingwood got Grundy and that year no one expected him to last that far in the slightest so during bidding they bid there 3rd on a hypothetical ruckman. But then come draft day Grundy slides dramatically, would they then regret the father son bid..

Yes but that doesn't happen on draft day.. So my point is once the bidding is finalised come draft day if a slider of a higher caliber in the same mould of player made it to our second pick would we regret having already taken rice..

Let's say when Collingwood got Grundy and that year no one expected him to last that far in the slightest so during bidding they bid there 3rd on a hypothetical ruckman. But then come draft day Grundy slides dramatically, would they then regret the father son bid..
Yep but it's actually live on draft day. Sure, the player 'commits' to one club, but we don't need to. If it's a club great's kid, then there would be other ramifications of not matching the bid. Akin to the fact GWS doesn't pre bid for Hopper. If someone nominated him at 1, they could baulk at the price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young Bailey can join a circus currently without a ringmaster or a professionally run football club. Not much surprise if he prefers us right now.
What happens if/when he chooses the circus? Most of you will be saying "ahh you know, we didn't rate him anyway". When you have more wooden spoons then premierships you know you're a poor excuse for a club, that's why he'd choose Carlton. He probably doesn't won't want to make the drive down to Seaford to train every week as well.

Dear andrew_, we have 2 spoons in the last 20 years, you have 3 and are fossicking in the cutlery drawer for spoon 4 as we speak. I highly doubt spoons we won back when University were a team will really add up to much in Bailey's eyes. He will choose the club where he feels he has the best opportunity, that could be either club.
If spoons are your key indicator of a clubs worth, the blues are close to twice the shi#ness of us when considering modern history.

What happens if/when he chooses the circus? Most of you will be saying "ahh you know, we didn't rate him anyway". When you have more wooden spoons then premierships you know you're a poor excuse for a club, that's why he'd choose Carlton. He probably doesn't won't want to make the drive down to Seaford to train every week as well.
We've already got 15 half backs, I'm sure we'd be happy to get him but we won't be devastated if he chooses Carltank, have fun coming last with your horrible list full of D Graders

Just paste what it says

“There’s still a long way to go, but as far as we’re concerned, Bailey is going to be a St Kilda man. We’ve seen over the past few years how well they nurture their young talent. We just want the best for Bailey.”

Mrs Rice has been supporting her son’s ambitions to be an AFL player, like his father, since he was five years of age. Other than driving him to and from football practice and matches, she also taught him how to first kick a proper drop punt.

“Well his father was working pretty hard in those days, so I figured someone had to do it.”

I don't think i can post too much, it will get deleted by the mods

'Doesn't won't want??? Huh??

image.jpg
Yeah.... Well you probably should.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back