One day...
Sep 30, 2012
QLD
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
DenverBroncos/Tottenham/PittsPens
Hi all,
I've heard various rumours that St Kilda may not be doing business with ISC anymore. I'm not sure if this is true and if it is I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I like that we go with Australian local manufacturers, but on the other hand, I want to see what the big American manufacturers (Nike, Adidas) could do with our kit. What do you think?

Hi all,
I've heard various rumours that St Kilda may not be doing business with ISC anymore. I'm not sure if this is true and if it is I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I like that we go with Australian local manufacturers, but on the other hand, I want to see what the big American manufacturers (Nike, Adidas) could do with our kit. What do you think?
I don't mind. Have you tried to squeeze one of those ISC jumpers on:eek: im not exactly a big bloke but a Skeleton would have to buy an X-Large. Never liked the cut of their jib.

I don't mind. Have you tried to squeeze one of those ISC jumpers on:eek: im not exactly a big bloke but a Skeleton would have to buy an X-Large. Never liked the cut of their jib.
Yeah that's true. ISC's sizing doesn't make a lot of sense, I was looking up the different sizes and the youth's 14 is approx. 90cm around the chest and 60cm soulder to hem, whereas the adult's XS is 84cm chest and 70cm length. It is a bit weird IMO.

I'm really happy with ISC, except that they haven't given us a "coach's jacket" this year :mad:

But honestly, I think that ISC are the best in the business for AFL gear, particularly their player issue guernseys, because they're so focussed on it. The sizing is a bit iffy, but you can always just go a size up to what you'd normally wear. I'd be annoyed if we left ISC for someone like BLK like Richmond, Brisbane and the Bulldogs use, who make sub-standard gear.

Still, if we change manufacturers, we might get white cuffs and collars again!
Give us Puma or Nike please.
Not while they both have such restrictive templates. Although Adidas are actually doing a pretty good job these days..

Love the ISC range, that it's not a huge global conglomerate, and I agree with St Mark about BLK's gear.

I hope it's not true. I actually wish all AFL teams wore ISC or a similar brand that wasn't Nike/Puma/Adidas/BLK.

The sizing is a little weird - even moreso when between 2012 to 2013 they actually changed the sizing. My 2012 home 2XL fits fine but I needed a 3XL on the 2013 - both bought on same day. I guess they take it off the players sizings though, rather than the average fan carrying a little more timber - otherwise guys Milera would be in a kids jumper.

At the risk of being all high-and-mighty, I also like that ISC's local connection means it's less likely that they're using exploitative manufacturing. I'm pretty disgusted by what Adidas, Nike, etc, still get up to in third-world sweatshops.

I like what ISC produce, hence why I went all out with Players Shirt, Hoodie and Guernsey this year, However the sizing has got me miffed. I have purchased 3 ISC guernseys and have gone up 3 sizes (I've lost 6kgs since I brought my first one). I have:

2009 - Home - Large - Still fits comfortably
2011 - Clash - XL - is a bit snug but never the less, still fits
2014 - Home - 3XL - Fits comfortably

Even the hoodies are changing, I have a 2009 Hoodie which is large and looks like a dress on me and 2014 hoodie which is 2XL and fits comfortably.

As stated before I've lost 6kgs yet still gone up sizes..... Maybe I should stop drinking lol

Hi all,

ISC are on our latest jumper for this week.....

20140522022131indigenous_main.jpg

You wouldn't terminate a contract mid-season though, it would be for 2015 if there was a change taking place.

Horrid jersey btw - think sometimes AFL teams forget that whilst yes the round is to celebrate indigenous culture, it's also a thinly veiled excuse to sell more merchandise. If yours looks awful, nobody's going to buy/wear it.

You wouldn't terminate a contract mid-season though, it would be for 2015 if there was a change taking place.

You actually would, but it would be a staggered termination with partial support so that way you don't lose any good will you attained by shafting your base, and your base then get to field replacements and possibly then come back with a better contract to you for risk of keeping you for a bit more or going with a (known) substandard product.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's another big online sale on jumpers this week. I wonder if it just has more to do with not being able to sell much merch in a pretty poor season, though.

The 140th anniversary player issue jumpers are at a very reasonable price this week, too. I'm very tempted to grab one.

Yep, 40% off all jumpers this weekend. They have to change the clash next season, as per AFL rules, but there's no reason to sell off the other guernseys so cheaply unless we were switching.
I personally don't like ISC, I think from a supporter perspective, the fit of the jumpers is far too tight and the collars leave a lot to be desired. From a players perspective the white becomes very see through, so when we play in our clash on a very hot or wet day, the boys may as well be wearing nothing at all! Conversely, the white panel on the home jumper has become very skinny of late, I prefer three equally sized panels, it looks more aesthetically pleasing.

I will wait to see who we get next before replacing my well worn 2012 clash, if I do so at all. The lower price on the current stuff is tempting, especially the 140th and Stickman, but our next manufacturer may do something brilliant.

I will wait to see who we get next before replacing my well worn 2012 clash, if I do so at all. The lower price on the current stuff is tempting, especially the 140th and Stickman, but our next manufacturer may do something brilliant.
I just logged in as a member and for the 140th stuff and well surely this is an error:
CMYqM6H.png

Surely they're not handing them out for free!

Oh and this:
PR3Enu0.png

Why do members pay more?

Last edited:
There's another big online sale on jumpers this week. I wonder if it just has more to do with not being able to sell much merch in a pretty poor season, though.

The 140th anniversary player issue jumpers are at a very reasonable price this week, too. I'm very tempted to grab one.

When I logged in as a member, the 140th jerseys were free!
The stickman ones however, you lose the sale discount! (i.e. the sale discount is removed, and your 10% doesn't come off either). Reckon someone's mucked up there?

If they are giving the 140ths away to members, that's great and a nice touch from them when it's dead stock anyway. But I get charged a packet for postage, would like to have been able to buy a stickman at the discount price too.

I just logged in as a member and for the 140th stuff and well surely this is an error:

Surely they're not handing them out for free!

Oh and this:

Why do members pay more?

I got the same error, having had issues with them at checkout before I logged out and closed it, if they fix it I will go back and buy the stickman training jumper, but not for a massive amount more than a non-member ;)

My ISC polo this year is tight around the gut (and no not all my polos are) the thread balls, and had threads hanging off it out of the packet. Pretty poor quality sizing and quality.

My ISC polo this year is tight around the gut (and no not all my polos are) the thread balls, and had threads hanging off it out of the packet. Pretty poor quality sizing and quality.

I did think the '13 and '14 polos were a different material to the 2012 one, which I preferred.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back