Discussion Junction Oval / Moorabbin redevelopments

Remove this Banner Ad

I really do not care one way or the other about the junction oval. the Junction oval was before my time, and I only remember waverely, Moorabbin, and now seaford. I don't go to seaford as it is too far, but then again, I rarely if ever went to morabbin.

if the saints can make the whole bayside their area (which they are trying to do, seaford to port melbourne), I am all for it

I have know a lot of blokes that live or work in & around the Fitzroy Street area & they are very much looking forward to being able to wander down to the Junction Oval to watch training during their lunchbreaks or afterwork. This is fact.

It is a busy high-populated area & we are named after the suburb FFS! I will be a great move

I really hope we stay in Seaford and commit to the Peninsula region and give 100% instead of the BS attitude of what can the Peninsula do for StKilda .
With the very real possibility of development zones coming into action , this Peninsula area is a gold mine of talent .

I really hope we stay in Seaford and commit to the Peninsula region and give 100% instead of the BS attitude of what can the Peninsula do for StKilda .
With the very real possibility of development zones coming into action , this Peninsula area is a gold mine of talent .

What.

Victorian clubs are already looking at starting Development zones to TRY match those interstate clubs .

No way that happens. Imagine how compromised every single draft would be and it would only further help increase the gap between the rich and poor clubs as the rich funnel massive amounts of money into their zones. I'll believe it when I see it.

Even then why would we not be able to get access to Seaford and surrounding areas if we move to JO? Surely we would get everything from St Kilda down.

Melbourne footy club is based at Casey Fields , Western Bulldogs own pub at Dromana . Yep we are doing a fantastic job of working Peninsula .
If Saints relocate to JO , how do you think the City of Frankganistan are gonna take the news ?
I'm guessing it would be F@$k off !

Melbourne footy club is based at Casey Fields , Western Bulldogs own pub at Dromana . Yep we are doing a fantastic job of working Peninsula .
If Saints relocate to JO , how do you think the City of Frankganistan are gonna take the news ?
I'm guessing it would be F@$k off !

Moving to JO wont stop us engaging the Seaford/Frankston communities.

What happens to the Millons of dollars of Frankston rate payers that's been poured into Seaford ?
Kingston Council treated StKilda like s**t for years until StKilda excepted a very very good deal to move .
That deal has been delivered as promised by Frankston , it's time Saints gave something back by way of commitment .

What happens to the Millons of dollars of Frankston rate payers that's been poured into Seaford ?
Kingston Council treated StKilda like s**t for years until StKilda excepted a very very good deal to move .
That deal has been delivered as promised by Frankston , it's time Saints gave something back by way of commitment .

According to all reports new tenants are going to be found to replace us. The facilities don't disappear the second we leave.

Most likely another AFL club .
I can't see why Saints can't train at Seaford and play VFL games at Moorabbin . Problem solved .
But typical Saints we Love it's gotta be DRAMATIC !

You need to keep in mind that this deal was and is instigated by the AFL et al., not St Kilda. St Kilda don't have to do anything, but if they do move base to Junction Oval, then rest assured I'm sure they are not going to do so by disadvantaging the training facilities offered to their players...

You don't think so? You don't think that the other more powerful parties involved will shove them into it in order to make it work? Past experiences suggest that STKFC doesn't tend to be well looked-after by others, and often fails to have the power to look after it's own best interests...

Most likely another AFL club .
I can't see why Saints can't train at Seaford and play VFL games at Moorabbin . Problem solved .
But typical Saints we Love it's gotta be DRAMATIC !

It wont be another AFL club. Pretty sure that article states it will be used by clubs from lower level leagues etc.

This is being pushed by the AFL not the club. If the deal results in a better outcome for the club then why wouldn't we do it? Doesn't the club have a responsibility and commitment to its members, staff and players to constantly improve its situation?

You don't think so? You don't think that the other more powerful parties involved will shove them into it in order to make it work? Past experiences suggest that STKFC doesn't tend to be well looked-after by others, and often fails to have the power to look after it's own best interests...

We would want to make sure we have dotted our i's and crossed our t's before we do anything and make sure that we are getting a good deal. One thing that might help stop the AFL from screwing us is that they have an interest in us doing well. The more we struggle, the more money they have to fork over to keep us alive, and if we fall over completely then they will have to spend substantially more money to relocate us. The AFL will look after the AFL, but hopefully they are willing to give us a good deal on this one.

Hopefully they see this as a potential win/win for both the AFL and us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still can't see any advantage moving to JO unless maybe a slight chance of the ground being developed to play AFL games .

I still can't see any advantage moving to JO unless maybe a slight chance of the ground being developed to play AFL games .

So you see no possibility of:
Improved training facilities.
More admin space and better facilities.
Lifestyle improvements for all staff/players thus attracting better people to the club.

I've seen what's at Seaford and it's a first class facility .
If the older players are crying so much about lack of cafe's ?
I'm sure the club could build them their own at Belvedere Park .

Have people (or players) not seen the Cafe on the beach at Seaford Rd?

Right on the beach overlooking the bay, over-priced and pretentious, just the way the young metro wannabe rich kids like it?

Actually makes great coffee.. (Players biggest issue?!) possibly one of the best cafés from Sand down?

And I'm a 12 cup a day man.

BTW
I'm sure Frankston City Council would be absolutely rapt if the poured 5.5M into a facility to entice an elite team into a community... For them to turn their back 4 years in...

They'd be really happy if the Pines Pythons (btw they have a great ground at Eric Bell)
Or
Seaford tigers... A recently resurfaced beautiful ground in actual Seaford
Or
Frankston... Redeveloping further ... It's their home and they WILL NOT leave the centre of Frankston.. They are not idiots
Or
Dandy Dtingrays... Only tenants at Shepley oval Dandenong, excellent ground. Better location for catchment of Juniors
Or
Frankston YCW... Jubilee park another great ground
Or
Carrum PL... Guess what? re-developed

None of those clubs need or want a facility away from their home base?

And in reality
What local or even state league club needs or could afford the rent of a state of the art elite facilty?

It will become... Very quickly a ghost town, like an Olympic Village two years after...
Shame
MCG sized oval... Fully equipped modern building

Neither other venue has either.

Have people (or players) not seen the Cafe on the beach at Seaford Rd?

Right on the beach overlooking the bay, over-priced and pretentious, just the way the young metro wannabe rich kids like it?

Actually makes great coffee.. (Players biggest issue?!) possibly one of the best cafés from Sand down?

And I'm a 12 cup a day man.

BTW
I'm sure Frankston City Council would be absolutely rapt if the poured 5.5M into a facility to entice an elite team into a community... For them to turn their back 4 years in...

They'd be really happy if the Pines Pythons (btw they have a great ground at Eric Bell)
Or
Seaford tigers... A recently resurfaced beautiful ground in actual Seaford
Or
Frankston... Redeveloping further ... It's their home and they WILL NOT leave the centre of Frankston.. They are not idiots
Or
Dandy Dtingrays... Only tenants at Shepley oval Dandenong, excellent ground. Better location for catchment of Juniors
Or
Frankston YCW... Jubilee park another great ground
Or
Carrum PL... Guess what? re-developed

None of those clubs need or want a facility away from their home base?

And in reality
What local or even state league club needs or could afford the rent of a state of the art elite facilty?

It will become... Very quickly a ghost town, like an Olympic Village two years after...
Shame
MCG sized oval... Fully equipped modern building

Neither other venue has either.

I think the only person that thinks coffee is the reason is possibly you... and I'm pretty sure the AFL, the State government and those interested parties wont let Seaford turn into a ghost town.

I always hope that St Kilda pushes their best interests forward..

It wont be another AFL club. Pretty sure that article states it will be used by clubs from lower level leagues etc.

This is being pushed by the AFL not the club. If the deal results in a better outcome for the club then why wouldn't we do it? Doesn't the club have a responsibility and commitment to its members, staff and players to constantly improve its situation?

We would want to make sure we have dotted our i's and crossed our t's before we do anything and make sure that we are getting a good deal. One thing that might help stop the AFL from screwing us is that they have an interest in us doing well. The more we struggle, the more money they have to fork over to keep us alive, and if we fall over completely then they will have to spend substantially more money to relocate us. The AFL will look after the AFL, but hopefully they are willing to give us a good deal on this one.

Hopefully they see this as a potential win/win for both the AFL and us.

This..

Seriously where we train in 3 -5 years time is the least of our worries at the minute

Last edited:
Seriously were we train in 3 -5 years time is the least of our worries at the minute

exactly.. if its advantageous as I believe it will be, then lets go for it, but the main thing that will help us grow as a football club is as I said above, making the right decisions off the field and winning a premiership..

I really couldn't care if we trained in Doveton... As long as we got elite facilities.... Which I believe we have?

I just don't think you can turn your back on a commitment... Like we did in Tas... Fora shortsighted reason? And I don't see any real Benefits.
Good PR? Make older players happy? Romance/nostalgia?

Now
If the AFL said we are building you a stadium at the Junction, so you can play game there... I see a benefit.
That ain't gonna happen.
Training...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back