Rumour Saints to trade top pick to GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
GWS want Petracca apparently. Saints will mostly likely give up the top pick for two of GWS's three top 10 picks. I'd actually be shocked if this didn't happen tomorrow.

The offer certainly seems to be on the cards. Tomorrow will be interesting on quite a few levels, though it would take something special to top today's efforts!

Yep, mutually beneficial trade. GWS will offer 4 + 7 for 1 and probably end up having to retreat to 4 + 6.

I can almost guarantee you, if a trade is done for pick 1, it won't be just for 2 top 10 picks... More Mayo needed... Rumour has it that 4 & 7 was already knocked back last week.. Allegedly!

I'm surprised GWS are giving up 3 top 10 picks for pick 1

The Saints need Petracca more than GWS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is horrible from GWS and fantastic for Saints...imagine 3 top 10 picks just for pick 1 and finishing last!
Not really. Even with the additions of Panful and Griffen, the profile of their list is extremely young. If you want to ensure you get the player you want, giving up picks to do so is a small price. If the trade is as suggested, it's a win-win.

Not really. Even with the additions of Panful and Griffen, the profile of their list is extremely young. If you want to ensure you get the player you want, giving up picks to do so is a small price. If the trade is as suggested, it's a win-win.

Dont really think its good to set the precedent that you will take lop sided deals just because you can...3 top 10 picks for pick 1 is ridiculous.

Big win for Saints to get 3 quality youngsters

Dont really think its good to set the precedent that you will take lop sided deals just because you can...3 top 10 picks for pick 1 is ridiculous.

Big win for Saints to get 3 quality youngsters
It's a matter of opinion. Every year is different. Next season, to secure pick 1 it may only be 2 picks to secure 1.

Given the wider strategy of the Giants this season, trading a few picks into 1 isn't that outrageous.

funny-not-a-single-clue-01-728x1293.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back