Salvaging the rest of the season, 2016 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

We are uniquely crap against North. I remember many bad losses to them, way before our official slump started after 06. I don't have the stats to hand but it wouldn't surprise me if our record against North is the worst of any team.
I'm not sure how far back you want to go but from 2000 to 2006 head to head Melbourne 7 to north 3. Post 2006 I would say teams like Hawthorn, Geelong would definitely have a better record.

We are uniquely crap against North. I remember many bad losses to them, way before our official slump started after 06. I don't have the stats to hand but it wouldn't surprise me if our record against North is the worst of any team.
Overall?
83-72-1 in our favour.

Not overall, just in my football watching lifetime. 1985-2015. Maybe the numbers don't stack up, I just have an awful lot of memories of losing to them.
You mean in the 90s when they won 2 premierships? or 06->Present when we've been AWFUL? :(

You mean in the 90s when they won 2 premierships? or 06->Present when we've been AWFUL? :(
Yeah, we lost to them a fair bit, didn't we? Why should us being crap for the last decade, and North being great in the 90s count against my point? I would have thought it demonstrates my point. That's 2/3 of the time I've followed Melbourne.

Anyway, you guys don't have to agree with me if you don't want to. It's just my personal opinion that we not only lose to them a lot, but we play a particularly terrible brand of football when we play them. We are insipid and pathetic against North. I would like to think we will change that this year, but I have no confidence that this will be the case.

Yeah, we lost to them a fair bit, didn't we? Why should us being crap for the last decade, and North being great in the 90s count against my point? I would have thought it demonstrates my point. That's 2/3 of the time I've followed Melbourne.

Anyway, you guys don't have to agree with me if you don't want to. It's just my personal opinion that we not only lose to them a lot, but we play a particularly terrible brand of football when we play them. We are insipid and pathetic against North. I would like to think we will change that this year, but I have no confidence that this will be the case.
Was just pointing out probably why you haven't seen much success vs them :$

I have to agree with Ando727. We don't give a yelp at all when we play vs North (Last year we did for a half then got s**t on).

Nothing to worry about against Norf. Pencil that Waite flunky in for 8 straight.

Not overall, just in my football watching lifetime. 1985-2015. Maybe the numbers don't stack up, I just have an awful lot of memories of losing to them.
Maybe instead of watching or listening to north Melbourne matches you should cut all contact to the world, lock yourself in the bathroom, turn the shower on, and sit in there for 2 hours. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't win today, then it's fair chance we won't win another match for the season.
Based on what? Why do people insist on saying crap like this?

Who knows how Collingwood go without Cloke? He was what beat us on QB and even then they struggled to do it.
We still play Carlton.
We've beaten the Dogs (regardless of the Etihad factor), can't write that one off yet.
North (despite our horrible record against them lately) are up and down like a yo-yo and have proven they can lose games they shouldn't be losing.
GWS have regressed without Mummy in the middle.

We've got chances in all of those.

Who knows how Collingwood go without Cloke? He was what beat us on QB and even then they struggled to do it.
We still play Carlton.
We've beaten the Dogs (regardless of the Etihad factor), can't write that one off yet.
North (despite our horrible record against them lately) are up and down like a yo-yo and have proven they can lose games they shouldn't be losing.

Totally agree. Want to be friends? :)

Is there a Worst post of the year vote?

No not at all. We are getting flogged by St Kilda right now, you can pretty much write this game off if we fall any further behind. We completely lose confidence if we start getting behind, we just don't have any resilience. If we lose this (when we lose this), we are buggered if we are going to beat anyone else except maybe, only maybe, Carlton.

Call me a pessimist, but we will lose this by 8-9 goals.

O

We still play Carlton.

Oh pleeeeease! We won't beat Collingwood. Cloke or no Cloke. Come on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back