Salvaging the rest of the season, 2016 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a realist, how are we going to beat anyone else this year with the 22 we put on the track every week?

We aren't any good, we are behind So many other clubs, we have no future, and I can't see a win coming until 2016.

Why the * are you on here then, go do something else with your life

Agree that anything less than 3 wins is a fail
So we haven't beaten St Kilda, we are no chance against the Bulldogs, can't see how we will beat Collingwood, GWS and North Melbourne looking for a finals berth, Fremantle in Perth? May as well not bother booking tickets, and could flip a coin against Carlton.

We are where we were in 2014.

Go Demons.

:(

37 point loss, maybe my 8-9 goal prediction was a bit ambitious. 6 goals worse off than St Kilda. Sorry guys, but I don't know if I was wrong in saying this year was a disappointment. I'd like someone to reply in a somewhat productive way rather than telling me to **** off my own thread which is nothing but correct.

I take back every positive thing I said in this thread.

We have not improved. Even more worryingly, I feel we are going backwards at a concerning rate. We are utterly ****ed and Darcy Moore and Collingwood will destroy us next week.

No shame in losing to the Saints. We should win the rest of our games this year though. Anything less and the club should fold.

Melbournes 2015 membership campaign
images

No shame in losing to the Saints. We should win the rest of our games this year though. Anything less and the club should fold.
Yes there is. Completely and utterly pathetic.

You are on another planet if you think we will win the rest of our games. We won't win one at all. We might, only might, beat Carlton.

Yes there is. Completely and utterly pathetic.

You are on another planet if you think we will win the rest of our games. We won't win one at all. We might, only might, beat Carlton.

First time talking to Cannon82 is it?

I take back every positive thing I said in this thread.

We have not improved. Even more worryingly, I feel we are going backwards at a concerning rate. We are utterly ****ed and Darcy Moore and Collingwood will destroy us next week.

We are going backwards, completely. Since that win against Geelong we have slipped significantly. And Paul Roos looks like having no answers, big call here, but it's time for Goodwin to take over in 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, we lost to them a fair bit, didn't we? Why should us being crap for the last decade, and North being great in the 90s count against my point? I would have thought it demonstrates my point. That's 2/3 of the time I've followed Melbourne.

Anyway, you guys don't have to agree with me if you don't want to. It's just my personal opinion that we not only lose to them a lot, but we play a particularly terrible brand of football when we play them. We are insipid and pathetic against North. I would like to think we will change that this year, but I have no confidence that this will be the case.
We always lose to norf. You're 100% correct. Anybody arguing is doing it for the sake of it.

It seems the biggest hurdle we need to overcome is winning two in a row. Just cant do it, no matter who we play

Everybody gets on the Melbourne train at the start of the year, then the train comes to a stop at bye station. Then afterwards it derails and hurts everyone terribly.

And then next year will come along and we will all board the stupid train again!

Winning at Etihad between now and the end of the year would go a long way toward repairing our fans faith in our direction. Would be a huge weight off the players and supporters, and give the media less ammo to shoot us with.

Knocking off North would be another big win.

Beating Carlton is non-negotiable.

Winning at Etihad between now and the end of the year would go a long way toward repairing our fans faith in our direction. Would be a huge weight off the players and supporters, and give the media less ammo to shoot us with.

Knocking off North would be another big win.

Beating Carlton is non-negotiable.

I agree with this. Although I did say beating the Saints was a non negotiable also. Carlton is simply a must win. But they will see that game as winnable and throw everything at us I'm sure. I agree about winning at Etihad too. I can't se us getting near the Dogs or Kangas, but I agree that a win in one of those games would start to repay a little of the sh*t they have put us through. Our record at Etihad is not even laughable anymore. I think 6 wins would show signs of improvement on the ladder, but I'm not sure I will feel there has been any. We have to aim for 7/8 wins.

The club just has to start repaying the supporters. Week after week, year after year we are asked to put in to keep this club going. Yet what do we get in return? I'm 41 years old and have seen 2 GF appearances for 2 huge losses! That's it! Yet I'm asked every year to buy a membership and support the club. And I do. Give something back to the supporters MFC!!! We are sick and tired of what you're delivering. It's not good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back