HB: J. Pittard, J. Hombsch, M. Broadbent
C: H. Hartlett, O. Wines, B. Ebert
HF: C. Wingard, J. Westhoff, M. White
F: A. Monfries, C. Dixon, P. Ryder
R: M. Lobbe, T. Boak, R. Gray
Int: J. Polec, J. Impey, B. Ah Chee
Sub: N. Krakouer

Bolded are locks.
On this years form Ebert isn't a lock most weeks (and no I'm not saying trade him for some other posters). I'd still have him in the side. I don't think Broadbent been consistent enough to be a lock either.

If we are going with best side, rather than what Ken will do I'd drop Lobbe for S. Gray, leaving Ryder as the main ruck. Trengove, Westhoff, Dixon can pinch hit. I'd only bring in Lobbe against sides that have two genuine quality rucks. And I'd assume the sub rule is gone. And if Schulz goes I'd be tempted most weeks to play Butcher alongside Dixon (if still on the list), in place of one of Jonas or Broadbent. Jonas, Broadbent, Pittard, Impey, Krakouer and Hartlett of HB. If we get Dixon as a tall target we don't need to go with a side overloaded such much with small defenders.

B: J. Trengove, A. Carlile, T. Jonas
C: H. Hartlett, O. Wines, S. Gray
HF: B. Ebert, J. Westhoff, M. White
F: A. Monfries, C. Dixon, C. Wingard
R: P. Ryder, T. Boak, R. Gray
Int: J. Polec, J. Impey, B. Ah Chee, N. Krakouer

On this years form Ebert isn't a lock most weeks (and no I'm not saying trade him for some other posters). I'd still have him in the side. I don't think Broadbent been consistent enough to be a lock either.

If we are going with best side, rather than what Ken will do I'd drop Lobbe for S. Gray, leaving Ryder as the main ruck. Trengove, Westhoff, Dixon can pinch hit. I'd only bring in Lobbe against sides that have two genuine quality rucks. And I'd assume the sub rule is gone. And if Schulz goes I'd be tempted most weeks to play Butcher alongside Dixon (if still on the list), in place of one of Jonas or Broadbent. Jonas, Broadbent, Pittard, Impey, Krakouer and Hartlett of HB. If we get Dixon as a tall target we don't need to go with a side overloaded such much with small defenders.

B: J. Trengove, A. Carlile, T. Jonas
C: H. Hartlett, O. Wines, S. Gray
HF: B. Ebert, J. Westhoff, M. White
F: A. Monfries, C. Dixon, C. Wingard
R: P. Ryder, T. Boak, R. Gray
Int: J. Polec, J. Impey, B. Ah Chee, N. Krakouer

That's one fine looking team! That pace on the bench!

Better than last week. It wasn't just a good game on the stat sheet tonight, he was so clean in the wet and he picked the best option disposal-wise time and time again. Has gone from a poor man's Simon Phillips to a rich man's Lachie Neale overnight. Staggering stuff.

Another gem of a game from Sammy.
It must run in the 'family'. If there is another Gray to be drafted this season lets get them... give em a few years and watch em carve it up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, he's a Frodo, not a ******* Samwise.
Frodo, the soft utensil who couldn't finish the job?
Or Sam, who kept at it and eventually triumphed whilst carrying the team...literally?

Or Sam, who kept at it and eventually triumphed whilst carrying the team...literally?
Yeah, Sam is the best character in the Lord of the Rings series. He doesn't have any special powers except hard work and loyalty but gets the job done.

Harsh on Frodo, being the ringbearer takes its toll.

Yeah, Sam is the best character in the Lord of the Rings series. He doesn't have any special powers except hard work and loyalty but gets the job done.

Careful, you're letting slip that you like lord of the rings!!

Late All Australian push? Only question is do you fit him in the midfield or a forward pocket...

Don't think any 10/22 player would even be considered for an AA side. And especially when during his first 4 this year we were calling for him to be dropped. Here are some figures showing his improvement. In his first 11 games he had 132 disposals for an average of 11.00. In his last five he has had 137 for an average of 27.40.

Going to be difficult for hoon, young and moore to get games next year if all goes well you would think. They, and us, have to be considering their options. I think both Young and Moore will go, Hoon to stay.

Going to be difficult for hoon, young and moore to get games next year if all goes well you would think. They, and us, have to be considering their options. I think both Young and Moore will go, Hoon to stay.
I hope we keep Young. I still believe he has the potential to be a good consistent player.
I'm not so sure about the other two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back