Traded Sam Frost, pick 40 and pick 53 traded for Melbourne's pick 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not Carlton?
file_183333_0_zoidberg-header.jpg

Would offer up a second rounder. Good fit at any Vic club - especially those looking to develop a key back -
  • Carlton - if we want Henderson forward, he'd be perfect
  • St Kilda (likely to get rid of Fisher, Gwilt, Dempster and Simpkin in next 2 years, leaving them with Delaney + Bruce)
  • W.Bulldogs - obvious, Roughead + developing Talia isn't a whole lot, can't keep playing Austin and Morris is getting on
  • could Geelong be interested with Lonergan/Rivers getting on?
  • Hawthorn maybe with Lake getting on and rumours re: Schoenmakers (leaving them with no real big key defenders)
  • Melbourne could look to replace Frawley with him
  • Pies would be interested - got his brother, there'd be doubts about Brown long-term with his injury history?
No's:
  • Essendon - maybe not, Hooker/Hurley/Pears plus they wouldn't have a great pick to give up imo, I have doubts about the Ryder rumours so not sure where a good second rounder will come from that they will be happy to give up
  • North - maybe not, Grima/Thompson/Firrito/Hansen/Tippett/C.Delaney is a fairly old group but they've got time and I reckon their draft picks will go elsewhere
  • Richmond - maybe not, Rance/Grimes/Astbury/Chaplin is a decent line-up of quality and quantity

Not overly enamoured with his skills. But athleticism is positive.

I do wonder if a team like Coll (with his brother) and Melb (Tom McDonald) even Dogs (Roughead) would be overly keen on that big athletic but not overly skilled type. I think all of those teams would kind of figure if you use Geelong as an example they have the Tom Lonergan type guy who just needs more development and they should look to complement him with a Harry Taylor type of rebounding skillful tall. No doubt those clubs would be keen but they might be thinking lets go the draft and get a guy who has talent to do both rather than give up a valuable pick and end up with 2 similar players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the right price I wouldn't mind him but I do question his kicking. I'd rather we went a Lever/Marchbank with pick 5 who use the footy well and can do the same job

I do get why GWS supporters are a little miffed about Frost asking to leave, but realistically some of your players were always going to walk as you ran out of list spots and cap space, and couldn't give them opportunity.

This was always intended and why the initial support in terms of space and picks was so so generous.

With the draft choices you made, this was especially going to apply to your talls, and so far you seem to have lost the ones that are more replaceable and kept the higher end talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back