Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Nathan Gordon

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Other

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you tell Swallow White was a free agent and he decided to leave. We didn't trade or delist him, we offered him a contract which he declined. Does he actually know how FA works?

I saw Matty White at the airport at season's end and asked him if he declined the Richmond contract. He said that there was no contract on the table.

Can't see that at all, in last 6 weeks Gordo firmed a spot in the side that earnt him a finals slot, can mark, run all day, handles the pill clean , has a radar around goal and for a baby faced assassin has a decent physical edge , dishing out a few bumps with a sting. Well ahead of lloyd who never strung two good games together ....hope he can bridge that in 2014

See that's the thing Bojangles, I am basing my thoughts on his performance last year. The OP question was related to forward role, in that he is wasted. Dont misunderstand me, he has his limitations, which i mentioned but the coaches worked that out and played him to his strength and that was as a havoc player. Someone who is not defined a specific role other then to run all day and get the pill. In that role, I can see him in the side but as a forward i have real worry's as he has a very limited defensive side. He struggles to stay with his man, as that is why he was always open as he plays so lose ( ie see ball, run, get ball)...it worked to our advantage in some occasions but also stung us when the ball went the other way.

He has all the physical attributes to be a perfect run with player. There is not a player IMO in the league who will run him off his feet in a game endurance wise but he at this stage cant do it because as a i said he loses his man all the time. Just watch his games, notice who his direct opponent is, and then watch. I think, that was one of the big reasons he was dropped early on. To our coaches credit they worked on his strengths and allowed red dog to play his natural game.

As a replacement to Grigg, who knows ? He has Grigg covered in endurance but to Griggs credit, he cant read the play like Grigg, at this stage. Grigg cops it on here a lot, but Grigg always seems to get the ball and be lose because he reads the play so well and knows when to go, red dog does not have that in his game yet.

Again this is all my opinion. Awesome conversation btw, should really be done over a few beers :p

See that's the thing Bojangles, I am basing my thoughts on his performance last year. The OP question was related to forward role, in that he is wasted. Dont misunderstand me, he has his limitations, which i mentioned but the coaches worked that out and played him to his strength and that was as a havoc player. Someone who is not defined a specific role other then to run all day and get the pill. In that role, I can see him in the side but as a forward i have real worry's as he has a very limited defensive side. He struggles to stay with his man, as that is why he was always open as he plays so lose ( ie see ball, run, get ball)...it worked to our advantage in some occasions but also stung us when the ball went the other way.

He has all the physical attributes to be a perfect run with player. There is not a player IMO in the league who will run him off his feet in a game endurance wise but he at this stage cant do it because as a i said he loses his man all the time. Just watch his games, notice who his direct opponent is, and then watch. I think, that was one of the big reasons he was dropped early on. To our coaches credit they worked on his strengths and allowed red dog to play his natural game.

As a replacement to Grigg, who knows ? He has Grigg covered in endurance but to Griggs credit, he cant read the play like Grigg, at this stage. Grigg cops it on here a lot, but Grigg always seems to get the ball and be lose because he reads the play so well and knows when to go, red dog does not have that in his game yet.

Again this is all my opinion. Awesome conversation btw, should really be done over a few beers :p
I feel sorry for Griggs , he does cop it on here but he doesn't pick the team when he's out of form. He's another candidate for mantheropy.org.au

Im still 50/50, Gordon panics alot but can run all day and get further up the ground, while Lloyd is super smart around goal but slow, neither are small crumbing types, for that its McDon/Edwards/Cotch...imo.

This thread needs to be Gordon, Lloyd or the forgotten man in Knights (as the other) can only see 1 position for either 3. Personally, still unsure on which 1 out of the 3

Knights if fit is a long way ahead, but it sadly seems unlikely given his history with injuries. after him I see no reason why Gordon and Lloyd can't happily co exist. Lloyd doesn't have as much time up his sleeve as some, (already 24) but showed an awful lot in his first year I thought. Anyone who kicks 3 on debut in front of a big crowd has something special I reckon.

seems the quality of this thread isnt of the highest standard and has turned into a bit of a pisstake, i will throw in my 2 bobs by saying that BOTH show a bit of what we need but both really have glaring weaknesses but combining and cloning both their best traits into 1 player we would have a very very good gun, so i choose sammy gordon or is that nathan lloyd ... :confused:o_O:D also heard swallow is also a bit of a spitta.;)

Meh! We need Lennon, Vlastuin etc to step up to allow guys like Lids, Edwards, Cotch and Martin to create a mess for opposition players up forward. Not convinced on any of the names mentioned in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn I just saw this wtf he is looking big. Looks like he won't be running any marathons anytime soon! that's what happened to conca and he lost some of his ability I wreckon.

Knights is finished, has been for years will never play a full season again.

Gordon is fitter, better defensively and can work harder around the ground. Lloyd has much better goal sense though and is more dangerous inside 50.

As a crumbing forward Id go with Lloyd.

Watch Knights walk into his HF possy. All class got the skill and the nouse. Love Knights think he is a dangerous football player and will if no injuries will finally get his time to shine. So good yet been so unlucky

Watch Knights walk into his HF possy. All class got the skill and the nouse. Love Knights think he is a dangerous football player and will if no injuries will finally get his time to shine. So good yet been so unlucky
It would be awesome if he gets back on the park. We need the leadership as well.

I don't hold put a lot of hope for Lloyd unless he absolutely flogs himself in the pre season.
If the penny doesn't drop in that department he's no hope.
Jake King is a bit of a mentor for him so that should be an advantage in regards to getting yourself on prime physical condition.
Knights was a fantastic player for Adelaide .... Many moons ago.
I'm staggered he is still playing.
I'd love to see him finish his career well with a change of luck, but im fairly realistic that it's most unlikely.
Gordon I think is somebody who could be a player.
It's up to him but he seems to have the desire to do it.
His running capacity obviously gives him a massive advantage over Lloyd.
He's the one I'd be backing.

Yeah Swallow knew how it all works but like everyone else with a brain in their head he thought we under valued White which is how it all went down.
Swallow is aptly named if you ask me.

Knights is finished, has been for years will never play a full season again.

Gordon is fitter, better defensively and can work harder around the ground. Lloyd has much better goal sense though and is more dangerous inside 50.

As a crumbing forward Id go with Lloyd.

I would not write off Knights brother. I have a good feeling about him in my waters for next year :p

Back