• Wines

Votes: 53 63.9%
  • Mayes in five years

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Wines in five years

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's like people think Ollie Wines has hit his peak at age 19:rolleyes:. He's a beast that will only get better.
I doubt anyone thinks he is at his peak. Everyone would agree that both these players have a lot of potential to keep improving. Mayes may grow past Wines, he might not either, but both look like being great players if they keep tracking as they are

It's like people think Ollie Wines has hit his peak at age 19:rolleyes:. He's a beast that will only get better.
Some players are at their peak at 19 and most player's don't develop exponentially, it's likely that he'll get better but it's not that ridiculous to state that we're already getting a glimpse of his better because of an unusually well developed body.

Since I think Mayes will be better than Wines, I might explain why I think so.

There's no doubting that both will improve. BUT Wines come in with a hardened body, ready for AFL, so he would always start at a higher level to the other draftees. Now while he will improve, let's say his ceiling is a high A player, and right now he's a high B+ player. Whereas Mayes came in, not as ready for AFL as Wines, so he's currently a B player, but I think his ceiling is as an A+ player. It's as simple as that, and I could be wrong, but Mayes just seems to show glimpses that he could dominate the comp.

I dont know why people are saying in later careers they would choose Mayes, Wines is on his way to be every bit as good as Jobe Watson.

Watson took years to come on though. Wines I'm hoping will have a similar career trajectory to Joel Selwood.
Thats just a huge plus, im talking about Wines in his prime years though.

I dont know why people are saying in later careers they would choose Mayes, Wines is on his way to be every bit as good as Jobe Watson.
Whereas I can see Mayes as a Pendlebury. Both elite players, but Mayes just that bit better and more special.

Back