Sam Mitchell missed the 'let's all move on' memo.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL doping code confers power on WADA does it...hmm

Actually, this is a true statement.

The AFL is responsible to running the game not WADA. By signing up to the WADA code and imposing its own Anti Doping Code, the AFL is actually assigning WADA some measure of control of a particular aspect of the game.

The effect of which, in this case, is the assigning of rights of appeal to CAS outside the confines of the AFL. The AFL has conferred that power onto WADA

Chuck some in the oven next to the quiche ;)
off topic, but 'quiche' is very 80s. These days the cool cafes sell the same thing but it is usually called a savoury tart.

How about the fact that they were cleared by an independant tribunal based on an absolute lack of evidence presented by ASADA. is that not fact enough for you?
No. Gillon urged the players to allow the tribunal's finding to be released in full, but since that didn't happen I assume the players didn't consent. The tribunal's logic, as presented by the media, remains difficult to follow.
And where is your proof that Essendon made witnesses not testify?
That bloke with the ethnic name. Rich guy. Practically gloated in the press that he was the guy who stopped Charter.
And what happened to the presumption of innocence? We assume guilt now? Pretty poor form.
Yeah because Hird talked incessantly about the truth coming out, yet it still hasn't. I for one assume he and the club are hiding things.

You can't just expect people to "move on" when nothing has been resolved.

How about the crowd mimicking Mitchell at the next Essendon game?
I like your thinking! That will sure show Mitchell!

Get on board, bombers...

Please, Mr Hird. Plenty of evidence was presented to the tribunal. WADA is appealing the tribunal's interpretation of 'comfortable satisfaction'.

And as of yet are still not guilty.

No. Gillon urged the players to allow the tribunal's finding to be released in full, but since that didn't happen I assume the players didn't consent. The tribunal's logic, as presented by the media, remains difficult to follow.

That bloke with the ethnic name. Rich guy. Practically gloated in the press that he was the guy who stopped Charter.

Yeah because Hird talked incessantly about the truth coming out, yet it still hasn't. I for one assume he and the club are hiding things.

You can't just expect people to "move on" when nothing has been resolved.

1) that guy does not work for Essendon.

2) most educated people had no problems understaning the tribunals logic. Most agreed with it. GW have a pretty easy to understand version of the findings on 360.

3) as I indicated you are assuming a lot. And you are entitled to it. Doesn't do much to back up your claims however.

Actually, this is a true statement.

The AFL is responsible to running the game not WADA. By signing up to the WADA code and imposing its own Anti Doping Code, the AFL is actually assigning WADA some measure of control of a particular aspect of the game.

The effect of which, in this case, is the assigning of rights of appeal to CAS outside the confines of the AFL. The AFL has conferred that power onto WADA
Definitely agree with this. But think there is a further more complicated answer which I'll give later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) that guy does not work for Essendon.
Essendon coterie = as good as.
2) most educated people had no problems understaning the tribunals logic. Most agreed with it. GW have a pretty easy to understand version of the findings on 360.

I know. Everybody believed they were dealing with TB4 but no taste test = no proof.

Easy to understand, harder to swallow.

Neither did Charter or Alavi.

I know. Everybody believed they were dealing with TB4 but no taste test = no proof.

Easy to understand, harder to swallow.

something that you seemingly forget. It's not just a test that's missing. Here was no evidence the drug was even at Essendon. You might call me bias, but I have a hard time being convinced someone used a drug when you can't even prove the s**t was even in their possession or at least ordered at a minimum.

But I guess you'll say they destroyed the evidence right? Something they haven't been proven to have done either

something that you seemingly forget. It's not just a test that's missing. Here was no evidence the drug was even at Essendon. You might call me bias, but I have a hard time being convinced someone used a drug when you can't even prove the s**t was even in their possession or at least ordered at a minimum.

But I guess you'll say they destroyed the evidence right? Something they haven't been proven to have done either
Dank saying he used it not enough?

And a couple of teaspoons of AOD to keep those damned love handles at bay.:rolleyes:

ahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaano

Something other than thymomodulin was found to be used on the players, which trashes the club's claims.

Essendon and the AFL can pretend the elephant in the room doesn't exist, but Mitchell just made it bellow.

David Evans is now at the Knights level of despisement with your supporters. If only you'd allowed him to handle it the AFL way...

Dank saying he used it not enough?

Dank also retracted what he said.

But I guess you believe him when it's convienient to you but call him a liar when you don't like what he says.

Sounds about right

Something other than thymomodulin was found to be used on the players, which trashes the club's claims.

Essendon and the AFL can pretend the elephant in the room doesn't exist, but Mitchell just made it bellow.

David Evans is now in the Knights category of despised people with your supporters. If only you'd allowed him to handle it the AFL way...

Aha you think Mitchell is the first one to jibe them over this?

Hahahhahahahahah

Please, Mr Hird. Plenty of evidence was presented to the tribunal. WADA is appealing the tribunal's interpretation of 'comfortable satisfaction'.
The tribunal's consideration of TB4 reminds me of the old lone ranger joke about dogshit. Looks like dogshit, smells like dogshit, tastes like dogshit.... hmmmmmm we better not step in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back