Sam Mitchell vs Luke Hodge

who would you take

• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 75 72.1%
  • Luke Hodge

Votes: 29 27.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At their absolute best for one game? Hodge.

If I could pick one of them as 18 year olds to be at my club for their career? Mitchell.

If I had to take one for one game, it'd be Hodge.

It's close. If you're looking at a guarantee of the very best performance in a one off match, I'd probably go with Hodge. Even then it's reluctant as Mitchell has played some pearlers. If I was looking at which player I would want for every game played over a number of years it would be Mitchell without blinking.

If I had to take one for one game, it'd be Hodge. Better big game player, and at his absolute best more influential on an individual game.

Well if you were only after Hodge because his a "big game player" then that's pointless,, when had Richmond had a big game. although I could imagine it, if he played in 2012 game against my mob then you can just picture Hodge with the "big" fist so the coke head never won the game for GC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if you were only after Hodge because his a "big game player" then that's pointless,, when had Richmond had a big game. although I could imagine it, if he played in 2012 game against my mob then you can just picture Hodge with the "big" fist so the coke head never won the game for GC
I wasn't really looking at it from a RFC point of view, but if I was, Hodge is exactly what we have lacked over the last decade. Leadership, someone who can stamp his authority on a contest when the pressure is on. When has Richmond had a big game? Every club has big games relevant to them. Finals, games needed to win to make finals, season openers in front of 80k, Dreamtime games, all these games are big relevant to the context of their clubs.

:confused:

srs i mean like no blinding bias involved or nuttin
None at all. I am very unbiased. I think Judd is very overrated (at least in his Carlton years) and Mitchell is very underrated (although he didn't peak until he stood down as captain for reason).
Question for Hawks fans, where would these 2 rate in comparison to Crawford?
I'm not old enough to remember more than a few years of Crawford (I was 16 when he retired) but from my knowledge I'd put Mitchell ahead of him and Hodge below him in terms of ability. Hodge will mostly be remembered for his leadership

Hodge as a leader, Mitchell as a player

Question for Hawks fans, where would these 2 rate in comparison to Crawford?
I'd have them both just above

Crawford's 99 season was the best football any of them played but I feel he had more down seasons that either Hodge or Mitchell

At least a Hawthorn player will win this poll

I'd have them both just above

Crawford's 99 season was the best football any of them played but I feel he had more down seasons that either Hodge or Mitchell

At least a Hawthorn player will win this poll
More down seasons? He played in some absolute garbage teams which explains that. If he'd been part of this Hawthorn era he'd be well in front of both.

Back