Toast Sam Rowe re-signs for 2 seasons - Now in the Leadership Group

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't recall why Sydney let Rowe go but he'd be more than handy for them right now.

Very much a Sydney defender type.
Imagine if it was the other way round and Carlton had gotten rid of him, everyone would be saying that once again Carlton can't develop players.

Great work ethic Rowe has. Didn't think he'd be anywhere near this good at the start of year...Glad to say, I was well off the mark.

Suddenly looks completely at home in defence. Don't reckon this could have happened to a nicer bloke. I think people forget just how long it takes a person to recover from cancer, not just physically, but mentally. Probably thought about his own mortality and well being (as you bloody well should be) in the previous two years than worrying about his AFL career. Now he looks confident and relaxed on the football field and his performances are improving exponentially by the week.

Can't wait to see him on Friday night.

Good news. He has improved significantly this season & is no longer just a stop-gap KPD. His confidence continues to grow & he is now taking marks when it is the right time to do so instead of just looking for the spoil. Congrats to John Barker for coaching the backline with Rowe in it.
*fixed*

Sakc Barker!

Very solid defender, still has a few things to work on like ball handling and marking but these things are improving which is why he is improving. He's tall, getting stronger which he had to, very athletic, a good spoiler, reads the play and a real competitor. Plenty to like about Rowe and how he's kept on improving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant!!!

So the WA boys will be on display as well as the Irish lads (good stuff)- not sure if Mandurah is ready for that, it will test out the Guiness supplies.

If our marketing team was onto it, we could have the three Irish boys sit themselves outside JB O'Reilly's and sign up over 1000 members, if not on the way into the pub they'll get them on the way out.:drunk:

Last edited:
A success story for the big man and also the club, which pulled a rabbit out the hat with pick 44.

Reward for effort. Incredible effort. Well done Sammy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back