News Sampson Flat bushfire

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like a bad bushfire is burning in the southern Mount Lofty Ranges / near north eastern Adelaide hills around Sampson Flat/Little Para reservoir, almost reaching suburbs of Greenwith and Golden Grove overnight.

Gumeracha, Chain of Ponds, Forreston and Kersbrook are all in danger depending on wind conditions which are expected to worsen.

ABC coverage

AdelaideNow coverage

Woke up to the house smelling like a bushfire at 6am I'm up Tea Tree Gully way :(

hope you all stay safe if you're effected. Also hope all the firefighters stay safe.

A little bit to close to home this one, live in the inner southern surburbs, but have many friends that live out that way.

Woke up about 4am this morning and could smell the smoke, got up to check the computer, got a few friends up the back of golden grove on one tree hill road, sounds like it has passed them by safely so far. They're pretty well set up with pumps, hoses a couple of big tanks and a pool so are staying up there to protect the property if needed.

We were living on a property on Norseworthy Rd Forreston during the Ash Wednesday fires. Beautiful countryside but horrendous for fighting fires.

Wishing the CFS and all involved the best of luck but divine intervention may be needed.

Made me think Rexie, to paraphrase Dave Allen, to all in the fire zone be safe and may your God go with you.

They are expanding the areas in danger and expecting northerly winds up to 110km/h.

Scary stuff.

SA Country Fire Service
51 mins ·
SAMPSON FLAT FIRE - URGENT UPDATE
03/01/2015
The CFS advises that the Sampson Flat bushfire has continued to burn out of control through the night on all flanks. A strengthening Northerly wind is forecast to reach speeds of up to 110km/hr across the fire ground in the next hour and a half. This will cause the fire to burn out of control in a South/South Easterly direction potentially impacting on communities within a South West to South East radius of the fire ground.
The CFS urges anyone within the Houghton, Inglewood, Paracombe, Gumeracha, Birdwood, Upper and Lower Hermitage, Kersbrook, Lobethal, Lenswood, Castambul, Cherryville, Forest Range, Charleston, Norton Summit, Montacute, Oakbank Balhannah, Uraidla, Piccadilly and Williamstown areas to enact their Bushfire Survival Plan.
If you do not feel your property is prepared to a defendable level leave whilst you have a clear exit to a safer place.
Due to the uncertain nature and impact of the fire behaviour the Adelaide Hills faces today it is imperative that people within these vicinities take appropriate action now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ch7 sunrise...cutting off at 10am on important cross to the reporter at Adelaide hills bushfire ... bet if the fire was in Martin place they would have stayed on!!!!

It's not like Larry and Kylie were live on Morning show ... just showing old shite

My family is away but I get text updates from people which is scary. We are sitting in the car listening on scanner app

Any more news Rick? Is your house safe?

I don't know I just heard my neighbour's house is gone which is 100 metres away and they can get to mine or my neighbour's on of the sheds has exploded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back