Samsung Galaxy S3

Remove this Banner Ad

first article i looked at when I google the S3

http://smarthouse.com.au/Phones/Mobile/U2T6B9W5

"Some European observers claim that what's special about the Samsung Galaxy S3 is that it may be the first Android smartphone with the ability to even convert iPhone users over to Google's operating system."

Apple has some catching up to do with wow-factor in hardware design, but the rumoured 4" next iPhone probably won't be sufficiently spectacular. I can't see Apple ever again competing with Samsung with regards to phone hardware.

Had a play with it for about 5 minutes. Am quite happy with my HTC One X purchase based on early impressions. Just didn't wow me yet... and the One X feels less like a toy in your hands.

After some opinions. I'm currently out of contract so can probably enter a new one whenever I'm ready.

What is the difference between a Samsung Galaxy and an iPhone? Would it be worth getting this or waiting for the iPhone 5? FWIW I've had an iPhone 3GS for the past 2 and a half years and have been happy with it.

After some opinions. I'm currently out of contract so can probably enter a new one whenever I'm ready.

What is the difference between a Samsung Galaxy and an iPhone? Would it be worth getting this or waiting for the iPhone 5? FWIW I've had an iPhone 3GS for the past 2 and a half years and have been happy with it.

I've persisted with a 3GS since August 2009 where at the time I felt that Android was a bit too raw. I feel that 4.7-4.8" is getting too big, but I've only had a quick play with a HTC 1X. I think I prefer the size of the S2. And massive lulz that Apple maintained a 3.5" screen with their 4s last year. Seriously, WTF!!!

Has anyone gone from the S2 to S3?
If so what are your initial thoughts comparing the two?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a play around with the S3 at the Telstra store yest and man it's a good phone. I am just a bit worried about the size of the thing though. I currently have an S2 and that size is perfect. The features of the S3 are quite spectacular. Gee the iphone 5 will have to be something special if it's going to match the S3.

first article i looked at when I google the S3

http://smarthouse.com.au/Phones/Mobile/U2T6B9W5

"Some European observers claim that what's special about the Samsung Galaxy S3 is that it may be the first Android smartphone with the ability to even convert iPhone users over to Google's operating system."

Apple has some catching up to do with wow-factor in hardware design, but the rumoured 4" next iPhone probably won't be sufficiently spectacular. I can't see Apple ever again competing with Samsung with regards to phone hardware.

Wow, just wow. I've loved my iphone and all the incremental versions for 3 years now.

On a whim and on rave reviews, I've gone for the S3. It is truly amazing, the screen size, the customization, my work colleagues are now seriously thinking of switching over to this and I've only had it for 3 days.

The Iphone was groundbreaking, the S3 feels like another whole revolution to me, makes the IPhone feel like a dinosaur. The Iphone in comparaison has definetely stagnated, for many years.

I could not be happier.

Heard all good things about the S3! About to end my contract with my old Samsung Galaxy so think it's time to upgrade. Gettin excited about all the positive reviews :)

Thinking of buying one of these bad boys outright and putting it on a bring-your-own-phone plan through a company like 'liveconnected' who use the optus network.

$17.99 pcm with no minimum term for:
-$700 calls
- unlimited text
- 2gb data

~$740 for the phone.

anyone done anything similar?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back