Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An outsider has come in with inside information. There has been a power shift and the results are plain to see. The skeletons can remain in the closet, but this is the way we're going to be moving forward. It's pretty simple, the old balance of power is not running the club anymore.
This is the interesting thing, and it gets to the heart of what Caro Wilson was talking about on 5aa.

Who is actually running the show at the moment?

The Board and Chapman have lost credibility. The CEO is not there yet. The football department are the ones under scrutiny.

Is it simply the Ricciuto Show?

This is the interesting thing, and it gets to the heart of what Caro Wilson was talking about on 5aa.

The Board and Chapman have lost credibility. The CEO is not there yet. The football department are the ones under scrutiny.

Ricciuto and Noble show.

Not necessarily. We consistently get told that every decision was unanimous. That is simply unlikely to be true. There would be a couple on the board that would have disagreed and would have been waiting for this opportunity. Someone rolls in with knowledge of past ill-deeds and the incumbents can either own those decisions or retire quietly into the sunset. It's just a shift of the valance of power. They're not all artistic directors, some of them know what they're doing.

Not necessarily. We consistently get told that every decision was unanimous. That is simply unlikely to be true. There would be a couple on the board that would have disagreed and would have been waiting for this opportunity. Someone rolls in with knowledge of past ill-deeds and the incumbents can either own those decisions or retire quietly into the sunset. It's just a shift of the valance of power. They're not all artistic directors, some of them know what they're doing.
I'd wager that there is not a single person on our Board or in our football department who know what they are doing. Certainly none who have had any sort of track record in setting up a successful club structure.

And yet the silence regarding two very key ex-Geelong figures is absolutely deafening IMO.

James Podsiadly and Darren Milburn.

Considering the outrage of other ex-Geelong figures, I find it very interesting that neither have come out and quit in support of their mate.

I would have thought, if they were as "outraged" as the likes of Harley and Thompson, they would have been quick to follow Sando out the club. It's not as if they wouldn't be able to find jobs.

I suspect there is a little more that's been going on than has been let on in the media.

Voice of reason again James

Now you are just trolling.
Jesus.

We need to rebuild our football department, yeah?

So perhaps rather than backing the Board who put together the current football department to do it right this time or the guy who's been out of the system for 7 years doing breakfast radio we should have been targeting someone with that expertise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd wager that there is not a single person on our Board or in our football department who know what they are doing. Certainly none who have had any sort of track record in setting up a successful club structure.

I'd be inclined to agree with that. But the conduit between the board and the footy dept was a top notch geography teacher that went by the name of Steven trigg. The board considered every ounce of s**t that flowed from his mouth to be chocolate. The Tippett debacle is a clear indication of the trust bestowed on this fooktard. This wouldn't have been unanimous and there would have been board members tearing their hair out but powerless to intervene within the boardroom. A poster here is friends with one and I have been privy to some leaks. That is the only outlet for a disaffected board member. Eventually it weighs upon the board and the direction changes. We are seeing the results of thus now. Trigg, combined with the support of chapman, has been a stain on this club.

Jesus.

So perhaps rather than backing the Board who put together the current football department to do it right this time or the guy who's been out of the system for 7 years doing breakfast radio we should have been targeting someone with that expertise.
I understand what you're saying..
It's a big job to just expect Roo with a helper or two, to fix..
And we must get this right, MUST..

It reminds me of when Adelaide had the Grand Prix

People whinged when we had it, then whinged again when we lost it
Exactly - we wanted change and now we are getting it. You can't do that without a transitional phase which we are now in.

Hell I don't care if it takes a year or 2, as long as something is being done to arrest this malaise

Roo, is well qualified to see how much of a basket case that we have become

Roo is also not doing this in isolation, Noble is well respected within the industry

Jesus.

Who would we trust to find that person?

Jesus.

I don't think he's been doing Breakfast radio for 7 years to the exclusion of anything else.

He's been in the loop AFL wise the whole time.

He's also successful in his business ventures.

People mistake his country drawl for bring stupid. When he talks the words he says make sense and he has a good insight into to game. He'd be the one person you would want selecting people to put in place in the football dept. He doesn't strike me as suffering fools despite his laid back facade.

You can't tell someone to do a job, then when they are doing what you wanted them to, tell them how to do it..... that's what nagging wives do.

Exactly - we wanted change and now we are getting it. You can't do that without a transitional phase which we are now in.

Hell I don't care if it takes a year or 2, as long as something is being done to arrest this malaise
The worry is that during this transitional phase we need to also nail the single biggest appointment in the short history of the club - the senior coach to lead us out of the Tippettgate mire and the Port (Port!) shadow.

Not to mention
List manager
Clean out of assistants
Possible appointment of a senior/experienced assistant
Clean out of board room
New chairman

I don't think he's been doing Breakfast radio for 7 years to the exclusion of anything else.

He's been in the loop AFL wise the whole time.

He's also successful in his business ventures.

People mistake his country drawl for bring stupid. When he talks the words he says make sense and he has a good insight into to game. He'd be the one person you would want selecting people to put in place in the football dept. He doesn't strike me as suffering fools despite his laid back facade.

You can't tell someone to do a job, then when they are doing what you wanted them to, tell them how to do it..... that's what nagging wives do.
Ricciuto's involvement reminds me a lot like the Garry Lyon at Melbourne stuff. The Messiah Complex. An old player or state legend to come in and save us, like Blighty did.

Don't get me wrong - I'm glad he's involved and would back him in ahead of almost anyone down at the club. But he's a rookie. Making decisions he's never had to make. Doing what he thinks is the right thing, not what he knows is the right thing. Because he's never done it! And neither has anyone else down there.

And yet the silence regarding two very key ex-Geelong figures is absolutely deafening IMO.

James Podsiadly and Darren Milburn.

Considering the outrage of other ex-Geelong figures, I find it very interesting that neither have come out and quit in support of their mate.

I would have thought, if they were as "outraged" as the likes of Harley and Thompson, they would have been quick to follow Sando out the club. It's not as if they wouldn't be able to find jobs.

I suspect there is a little more that's been going on than has been let on in the media.
Milburn i could see, but if pods walked out could you really see anyone picking him up to play at his age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back