Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't half of Lyon's issue is he was never all the way in on the job? He wanted to be involved, but didn't want to/or wasn't able to put in the day to day effort to spend time at the club? Roo seems to have swapped a lot of things around so he can be. That's something at least.

This is the interesting thing, and it gets to the heart of what Caro Wilson was talking about on 5aa.

Who is actually running the show at the moment?

The Board and Chapman have lost credibility. The CEO is not there yet. The football department are the ones under scrutiny.

Is it simply the Ricciuto Show?

He was the catalyst for change. The cat amongst the pigeons.

There are only two things different at our club before Sando was sacked.

1. Roo was appointed to the board in a temporary position.
2. Steven Trigg was replaced by Andrew Fagen.

I don't think its simply the Ricciuto show... I would contend that its the Fages/Riccuito show.

Dunstall is the reason why Clarkson is the coach at Hawthorn, at the time there was a strong push for Ayres and Dunstall bucked the trend and pushed for Clarko

I am in the same boat as you re:Sando.

If what we are hearing about sponsors is true I think it is highly likely Trigg walked before he was pushed. With Trigg gone, it paved the way for Sando to be sacked. There is no way we could sack Sando and keep Trigg. With hindsight, I reckon Trigg knew he had to go or he'd be in the firing line.

But overall it seems like we are moving forward.

Yep. We've been treading water for some time and in the last couple of months our feet have found the bottom and we are working our way up toward the beach.

I don't think its simply the Ricciuto show... I would contend that its the Fages/Riccuito show.

I would say its much more likely that its the Noble show atm with Roo just the face of the change.

We seem a bit torn on this.

Does the CEO have a significant role to play or not?

People are saying No, Fagan had nothing to do with it.

But at the same time the extension was Trigg and Sando wouldn't have been sacked if Trigg was still there.
Fagan said in an interview on 5aa that he was "briefed on the situation throughout the back half of the interview process"

Last edited:
F
Fagan said in an interview on 5aa that he was "briefed on the situation throughout the back half of the interview process"
This clearly indicates how well planned the sacking was. Or at least how long they knew this was the course of action.

We were into ROK in sydney to be an assistant. A Dew link too while we were there?

With how relaxed Roo is about this and the way he is talking, my bet is we are amassing a coaching box to announce all at once.

Noble. People keep forgetting Noble. He is the one who is in charge of the Footy Department and providing advice.

I think some people have come to realise a lot more things in the last 9 months..
Roo has no doubt brought a lot of strength and 'looking in the mirror' into the club and some truths have actually come out instead of everyone coasting along in (supposed) happy land..

Other things have also had time to fester like the Johncock situation where he was barely talked to in his last year and the farewell game situation, Vince being barely talked to and then the playing group told incorrect stories about what happened there with the trade.. Then there was just the problems with Sando and the group itself.. Over time, people and groups snap and trust etc is lost..

Another thing with Sando, he was always living in a delusional world with excuses and almost never taking responsibility.. We even saw that in his last presser, sure he handled it ok without slinging mud as such but his laughs along with some of the questions suggested he was still in denial he actually did anything to get to this situation..

The board/Trigg had their heads in the sand to a degree and would have sat on their hands, some people with strength have got in there now and called it all out for where it was at..
What were the incorrect vince stories?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This clearly indicates how well planned the sacking was. Or at least how long they knew this was the course of action.

We were into ROK in sydney to be an assistant. A Dew link too while we were there?

With how relaxed Roo is about this and the way he is talking, my bet is we are amassing a coaching box to announce all at once.
I'm hoping this is the case.
Its Nobel, Roo, Fagan at this point in time. Nobes has had his finger in so many pies he would be the most qualified at the club to give an overall picture.
Interesting that there has been nothing about any of the rest of the coaching panel futures.

in Noble we trust.

the guy seems to be a really classy operator, securing him when other clubs reporedly came a knocking might be one of the few things we can thank the old admin team for.

I would say its much more likely that its the Noble show atm with Roo just the face of the change.

I remember being told about the power struggle between Michelangelo and Raphael (not the TMNT but the painters) that Michelangelo would be complaining to the Pope about whatever Raphael was up to and how he was just an upstart and what he didn't know was Raphael was whispering in the Pope's ear.

Noble. People keep forgetting Noble. He is the one who is in charge of the Footy Department and providing advice.

Exactly. We gave the bloke 6 different jobs, so you'd think he'd be the most abreast of anything within the footy department. If they weren't leaning on him for advice its kinda stupid.

#InNobleRooandFagesWeTrust

Heard somewhere the other day it is a fair amount less than that, Caro also said it's not even a million..
Performance clauses were reportedly in his contract - that could also possibly point to the fact they had reservations and had made it clear to him he needed to improve and meet what they set..
Chapman said its well under a mil

Exactly. We gave the bloke 6 different jobs, so you'd think he'd be the most abreast of anything within the footy department. If they weren't leaning on him for advice its kinda stupid.

#InNobleRooandFagesWeTrust
ALL HAIL THE OVERLORD NOBLE!!
Overlord Noble.png

Robert Howie is the owner of Northpoint and was on the original Crows board.
He is a one eyed Port supporter and was on the Port board for about a decade.
He despises the Crows and I can assure you if the Adelaide dealers had a say about continuing sponsoring the Crows he would certainly vote against it.

I am not with Toyota now but the brand I am with are major sponsor of a different club ( who lost on Friday night)
We have an amount taken from every car we sell which goes to marketing. It isn't just the Vic dealers who sponsor the Roos it is the entire country network.
I would be very certain it is Toyota Australia that sponsors the Crows and not the SA dealers.. There simply would not be enough cars sold in SA to cover the costs of being the Crows major sponsor. And as it is a national competition dealers all around Australia get exposure... The same as Renault sponsoring Port... They only sell about 15 Renaults a month here but the benefit isn't just to the SA dealer
Renolt isnt an established brand the way toyota and mazda are so I imagine most of the money is coming from corporate rather than the dealers

If all of this has been planned for a while, it might just explain the very strange 4 year contract for McKay....Like a very experienced coach identifying a misused/wasted talent.....just a thought.

Hope they announce it NBA style with announcer screaming out past achievements, spotlights and music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back