Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
So we've seen it before. Sando with his pants pulled down. 50 points down and surrendering the oval as I speak. No plan B. Gifting games to favourites. Good teams don't tag. Etc etc.

Thank goodness we extended his contract with a year plus still to run after finishing bottom 8.

Talks the talk, but does he have what it takes? Too matesy with his players? Favours experience over talent and hunger? No idea when it comes to pre-season? Just not good enough?

Or is it not his fault? Robbed of his only decent wingman in Bails? Noone in the box worth their salt to speak up? Hamstrung by Triggy's undermining?

IMO he is an assistant masquerading as a head coach. He's seen how its done but doesn't have the stones. Nathan Bassett otoh is a head coach masquerading as an assistant. What to do?

We did tag today, Kedge had a great day on Boak but theres got to be some serious questions asked.

IMO Sando can be a very good coach however he needs to change his style

Regardless of the draft exemptions he is not getting 100% out of the team

He needs to change his style, he cant be everyones best mate, its not a popularity contest and he needs to start being a little more clinical and at times ruthless

Needs to lead with the head and not the heart, its time to make some tough calls

Not his fault.

Hands tied behind his back.

Losing 6 first round picks and 2 top 10 doesn't half.

He can only pick who he has. Hopefully now.

He makes some hard calls and starts looking forward.

Doubt he will be as he won't be allowed to bottom out by picking kids.

We did tag today, Kedge had a great day on Boak but theres got to be some serious questions asked.

Yeah we tagged Boak. That was more of a historical reference. Throughout his reign (see last week and last year) we've been loathe to man up on someone who is gutting us.

Whether this is a doctrinal thing or he just doesn't see it happening on gameday I'm not sure.

Props to Kegs today, did a fine job.

Today confirmed how far behind this club has slipped in coaching, match day coaching and administration.

Today also confirmed for me that Sando is way out of his depth.
The current administration better not give him an extension on his contract, he is not capable as a head coach.

This team is a shambles, games style is a shambles, f%#k knows what that is. Players that are not capable of making good football decisions, players that are not capable of executing half decent football skills and a coach that is not capable of developing and teaching a winning game plan.

Time for a clean sweep of the administration of this club also, it is leading us nowhere. It is an administration that is content with plodding and today showed we are plodders.

Right now this team is no better than where Craigy left it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really rate Sando. Did he seriously expect a Jaensch-centric game plan to stand up in the real season? It's laughable watching all our ball movement consciously directed through someone who should be a fringe player. It's like Homer making Bart the quarterback.

Having said that -

having Sando get sacked by Trigg would be a disaster. Another new Trigg-led direction locked in for 3+ years.

Today also confirmed for me that Sando is way out of his depth.
The current administration better not give him an extension on his contract, he is not capable as a head coach.

I fear you are too late. Didn't we extend his contract by 2 years after last year's epic heroics? I think he's contracted til end of 2016.

Yes. 2016.

I don't really rate Sando. Did he seriously expect a Jaensch-centric game plan to stand up in the real season? It's laughable watching all our ball movement consciously directed through someone who should be a fringe player. It's like Homer making Bart the quarterback.

Having said that -

having Sando get sacked by Trigg would be a disaster. Another new Trigg-led direction locked in for 3+ years.

Yep. We're basically knackered til we get some fresh blood from outside with some football nous. So Chapman, Trigg and his designated successor in Smart are standing in the way of progress. *long sigh*

Our admin is to blame.
Exactly. I sat in the ground listening to *******s chanting no history, would they have done that 2 weeks ago?

They should have made Polec an offer he couldn't refuse, we have the money for * sake.

Was thinking the same as OP...
Last year the signs were there of being out coached. Better tactics from opposition teams and coaches..
On paper we have the team...
Our game plan of contested ball, and rushed kick forward, yet we don't set up ready for the quick kick, or we play loose man in defense..? Doesn't add up.
Or is it our forward coach? Our forwards dont seem to acquire the same space our opponents do...
And I'm sick of these gold passes. Wheres the desperation in those players? Reilly, Porplyzia.. Really?
The only thing we can hope for is that Geelong and Port are top 4 sides this year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back