Sando: where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon: anywhere, anytime
Sando has lost it, has been going that way for quite a while..
Hinkley too on Friday night, dismissed the travel to Perth next week as irrelevant. That presser after the lions game is the defining moment of Sando's tenure imo

Hinkley too on Friday night, dismissed the travel to Perth next week as irrelevant. That presser after the lions game is the defining moment of Sando's tenure imo

Even if you did think it was a factor, you wouldn't say it publically, lest your players start believing it.

Sando's from the new school though. The new school thinks you can't play two football games in six days. It'll give you something terminal.

Even if you did think it was a factor, you wouldn't say it publically, lest your players start believing it.

Sando's from the new school though. The new school thinks you can't play two football games in six days. It'll give you something terminal.

it will give him something terminal!

With Thompson getting smashed by Ziebell, Sando's thought process was Otten, Shaw and Hartigan aren't available so lets just leave it. With a match up going that badly, and being the difference in the match, do anything but leave it. Heck, would have been better to try Charlie on him...

"Norwood 207 kicks 113 handballs"
"Crows 166 to 162"
"Adelaide accumulated stats, coughed up possession and got burnt on the turnover"

This

In the SANFL we accumulate stats because we play safe backwards sideways handball possession football rather than taking the game on and getting our hands dirty. Not prepared to risk getting an injury and probably unlike the other team not really interested in winning the premiership.

While we play AFL-brand clinical chess-football the opposition plays SANFL-brand hard slog-football and unsurprisingly wins the ball and the game. It is painful to watch.

Against Glenelg the only reason the Crows got ahead late in the final term was because Callinan Kerridge and M Crouch were prepared to get physical and get the ball out. Then the twin towers of Graham and Osborne were able to clunk marks and kick goals.

Have we not had six day breaks for some time now?? Do clubs not prepare on the basis that they need to be recovered and ready in six days, and if they get seven then that's a bonus??

Sando, NOBODY CARES! You are all being paid very well to play a game of footy each week in a comp where six day breaks are part of it. DEAL WITH IT!

Given Pattys second half output, I would have gone with that matchup and given zeibel something to think about. When was the last time an AFC coach made a move like that?

I know "good teams don't tag" but that's ok, we're not a good team. So TAG HIM. Dougie did a good job against Pendlebury, give him a shot at it!

What's that? Dougie's playing another role atm and can't be spared? Well did Dougie win the game for us playing the role he was playing? No?? Well ZEIBEL SURE AS HELL DID! So guess what you should have done??

Have we not had six day breaks for some time now?? Do clubs not prepare on the basis that they need to be recovered and ready in six days, and if they get seven then that's a bonus??

Sando, NOBODY CARES! You are all being paid very well to play a game of footy each week in a comp where six day breaks are part of it. DEAL WITH IT!

Not to mention the draw is released in October so the Coaches have plenty of time to plan for these things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue I have with modern day coaching is that it is way to much about process and structure and it has eliminated match day moves which are based on instinct and may be a little left field thinking

All coaches a totally over engineering the game and are afraid to step outside their systems, structures and processes

Hendo or Smith for sure. Even telling Hendo "you've done **** all for seven weeks, just stop that guy" would have been a decent move
Unfortunately they know Hendo can't defend one on one. That's what sux though he's a defender and can't defend. He's purely an attacking defending yet at the moment he isn't even finding the ball let alone carrying it and using it well.

Jaensch and Smith are the same (but more capable than Hendo). Too many attacking half back defenders who can't handle a matchup like Dustin Martin, Troy Menzel, Deledio, Ziebell. Our medium sized defenders can't defend.

We need to use vb (when fit) or Kerridge as a legitimate defender on those match ups. One of our attacking defenders (Smith) move into midfield. The other one (vb/Kerridge) can tag in the midfield.

So Kerridge half back, vb tagging a mid
or vb half back, Kerridge tagging a mid.

Chapman talks about Sanderson like Trigg used to talk about Craig.

Sando knows where his bread is buttered. Chappy loves him because sando indulges him with their weekly review. "Yep, spot on chappy, we could definitely improve in that area. You're insights into the game are absolutely outstanding. It's a shame you're busy match day, because we could sure use someone like you in the coaches box. Top drive by the way, normally I smoke them 270 here, but maybe laying up 100m or so is the better play. Did I ever tell you about the time that little upstart Lyons beat me here by cheating. Little turd plays off about 7 and didn't tell me until we were about to tee off. Wouldn't have played if I'd known he could hit the ball."

Back page of the Mercury, (DISAPPOINTED: Sando is unsure of his side's ability to compete with teams in the top eight)
Its not the team that cant compete its the team isnt being guided correctly, its VBs absence and Sandos inexperience.
After Laird was laid out cold (who ever chose him as sub, who ever subbed off truck needs to be knocked out) north players huddled, discussed positions, what the needed to do, there were 4 clusters of crows at the same time, Talia and Truck (he will be missed) were talking, other than that pods may of talked to jenks or tex and Jacobs had a slight chat to douglas and co but no one took the lead, no one called others in, there was just under 3 mins to go, we were 8 points down. We need leadership and direction! we have lost what 6 out of 7 games by less than 2 kicks, we hardly used the corridor, we hardly take risks, our kick outs kill us and we have a decent forward line that receives the worst delivery besides Melbourne

Given Pattys second half output, I would have gone with that matchup and given zeibel something to think about. When was the last time an AFC coach made a move like that?

This...

Danger is everything Zibel is just quicker. Put him on him. If not it was pretty obvious we were crying out for a leading target in our f50 surely Danger could have had the same impact Zibel had at the opposite end .

If you wanted proof Sando is not up to it all you've got to do is look at his response to the Pods brain fade.

Said he was stiff. WTF. Pods did it a few times during the game and was lucky not to have others reversed during the day.

Sando should have let him have it and know that what he did was unacceptable from a senior player.
I thought he said he got stiff watching Pods play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back