FTA-TV Sandy Roberts quits 7 and joins Fox.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get it? Where is he calling? FOX?? I hope he replaces the god awful matthew campbell. Just replace him.

Give him Dunstall and Gerard Healy on special comments every time. I'd love those called games!!!!

Campbell is a complete dud. I doubt Sandy will replace him though, I don't think he has relocated to Queensland! Surely he'll get the big match of the round for fox in Melbourne. I think he'll probably do a bit of hosting in their studio for friday night footy. Does anybody know if he's still gonna call for Crocmedia?

He could have been calling for Seven for the last seven years. They made this happen by promoting the new generation of commentators. Hope he does well for Fox. Just a shame I won't be hearing him.

From what I have read, Sandy didn't want to call footy when 7 got the rights back. Then when he did have a change of mind and wanted to call again, it was too late. The fools at 7 were 'hell bent' on feedingthe viewer's the worst bunch of callers ever in history! Bruce and Dennis excepted.

@ qman ... Boring Bwucey and Dull Den Den INCLUDED

BTW, I love the Fox Footy advert with Sandy being welcomed into the fold. That ad and the Mike Brady advert proves beyond all doubt that all the PR/Marketing brains in footy are located at Foxtel (definitely not at AFL House and they are also well ahead of most clubs in promoting the game effectively).

Those watching 360 now have a big idea how he will be utilized. To host 10 hours worth of football coverage on saturday, and he eluded to calling games too.

The sunday morning/arvo ones on fox?? Nice news. Seems like he'd do mostly quieter games in melbourne. The non fixtures. But what better way to spice up the weaker fixtures than with the most solid commentator barr Commetti.

Those watching 360 now have a big idea how he will be utilized. To host 10 hours worth of football coverage on saturday, and he eluded to calling games too.

The sunday morning/arvo ones on fox?? Nice news. Seems like he'd do mostly quieter games in melbourne. The non fixtures. But what better way to spice up the weaker fixtures than with the most solid commentator barr Commetti.

You had me until then. Commetti is getting stale, needs to lose the bad jokes.

I haven't watched 360 so I am not sure what you mean, is Sandy hosting a 10 hour show on a Saturday? Obviously I understand that there will be 3 live games in that time.

You had me until then. Commetti is getting stale, needs to lose the bad jokes.

I haven't watched 360 so I am not sure what you mean, is Sandy hosting a 10 hour show on a Saturday? Obviously I understand that there will be 3 live games in that time.

An ad in todays paper says he'll be on Fox Footy from 4pm tomorrow,so not sure whether that means he's just hosting the double header or calling the Buns v Tigers game at 4.40pm.

He is hosting the double header pre/half/post time in the matches.

Saying on 360..."saturday live" (dont quote me on the naming...) will be the program he hosts each saturday providing eventually 10 hours of time frame of him hosting the before during and after games, im assuming with war room type analysis, and eddie, lynch etc probly in on some stuff. Yet he didnt mention which games he'd call on the round. Though given hes hosting from the studio all sat... I'd say he's calling a sunday game a week.

Either way this is good news. Hopefully they are doing a transition phase and ousting Mathew Campbell by season end. I dislike him more than Derwayne in a close finish.

Id be pumped to see Sandy do two games a week.

He is hosting the double header pre/half/post time in the matches.

Saying on 360..."saturday live" (dont quote me on the naming...) will be the program he hosts each saturday providing eventually 10 hours of time frame of him hosting the before during and after games, im assuming with war room type analysis, and eddie, lynch etc probly in on some stuff. Yet he didnt mention which games he'd call on the round. Though given hes hosting from the studio all sat... I'd say he's calling a sunday game a week.

Either way this is good news. Hopefully they are doing a transition phase and ousting Mathew Campbell by season end. I dislike him more than Derwayne in a close finish.

Id be pumped to see Sandy do two games a week.

Yeah I was wondering why they would keep someone as terrible as Matthew Campbell when they got Sandy. Having Sandy host the Saturday coverage explains why

Yeah I was wondering why they would keep someone as terrible as Matthew Campbell when they got Sandy. Having Sandy host the Saturday coverage explains why
Campbell really is bad, usually it's the personality that annoys, eg: BT however with Campbell it's plain and simple that he can't call! Good to see Sandy there.

Is he actually going to call games? Seems like he is just the host?
I imagine he will, he is doing the roll Ed was doing on a Friday, Eddie still would call a Saturday arvo or Sunday twilight game so I'd say (hope) Sandy will also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They wouldn't recruit Sandy just to host, he will also be calling a game or 2 a week for that I'm certain.

He is hosting the Saturday coverage every week, so he will only be able to call sunday games, and i dont think it will be every week. i doubt he will call the game tomorrow night it will be Huddo, since Dwayne is doing the game now.

i kinda hope we can get Sandy, Huddo and Ben Dixon on the boundary for a game this year that would be the best pairing. i wonder if they will get Sandy to do the Cats game Thursday night promo it all week for a big game.

Having Sandy do "big ticket" Fox games would be amazing.

Actually I don't know why Sandy doesn't team with Dwayne by next season, and do big ticket games to himself.

Basically I want Sandy to be the #1 placed entity and nullify other of the more awful callers, with Huddo getting his own game per week solo too. Huddo is great.

I wonder how long it will take before people start ragging on Sandy for his cliche-riddled, self indulgent commentating.

It seems that people (including me) will rag on Brian Taylor for doing a pretty similar thing to what Sandy Roberts was doing 20 years ago.

Don't think Sandy Roberts repeats the same catchphrases over and over again, like BOY OH BOY WOWWEE or the countless inane mutterances Derrwayne says in every match. It'd be like Sandy saying 'I hold my hat' to every second goal.

Someone at Seven needs to watch other sports from around the world and see how sports should be covered instead of mauled (just watch their coverage of Australian Rules, Soccer, Motor Racing, etc. etc.)

Or they just need to watch how they covered AFL in the 90's.

Since they got the rights back they have been pretty bad.

Sandy calling tonight's game... well I'm basing this on Fox footy re tweeting someone saying they were looking forward to him calling tonight...

Will find out in minutes I guess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back