FTA-TV Sandy Roberts quits 7 and joins Fox.

Remove this Banner Ad

"Clean Bowled" was classic call, short and simple.

Huddo is great but I think he is suited more to someone like Michael Christian or Quartermain. Didn't think Sandy gelled well with Huddo.

Huddo and Chrisso/Quarters were fantastic.

He's been brought down to the dullards levels.

Himself and Sandy are top notch which is sad given they're both old school and I think Huddo made his TV debut in '99.

Just 2 cents worth.

People get annoyed when he pronounces Fremuntle instead of fremantle and likewise with other words? If that's the biggest issue then there is no need to worry about his commentating.

As much as I love Sandy, he's commentating radio style, not tv.

Still very good, but I expect him to get better. Certainly shits on that stain Dwayne Russell.

Yep. Happens when you haven't called on tv for 13 years I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still like listening to him but this is true. He's been calling with Rex Hunt, Billy Brownless, Shane Crawford etc on radio for the past couple of seasons and he's taken that laid back, nickname calling style back to his tv role. He's good but he's stained with the radio style.

Just don't see his reasoning for even saying anything
Either way, Sandy is right, 7000 is paltry, I don't get your gripe? s**t weather there by the look of it, that would have stopped people going but it's a small (paltry) crowd, all the same!

I love Sandy. His timing is amaing. For instance, how he aligns his call to crowd noise is second to none.

Give him this season to get a more focused "TV" call style.

He is getting used to the constant interruptions from the "experts" who want to chat the whole game, eg gerrard talks, then sandy tries to keep calling but we have to hear from the wizard of footy david king, just let sandy call

Is Eddie not calling Footy on fox this year?

They've got Huddo, Sandy, Dwayne and Matty Campbell.

I'm surprised that a man as busy as Eddie; Host of Triple M Breakfast show, Host of Hot Seat (probably records five shows a day twice fortnightly), and President of Collingwood would even want another job and the role he's got on Fox. Just time he could be spending with the family I think.

Is Eddie not calling Footy on fox this year?

They've got Huddo, Sandy, Dwayne and Matty Campbell.

I'm surprised that a man as busy as Eddie; Host of Triple M Breakfast show, Host of Hot Seat (probably records five shows a day twice fortnightly), and President of Collingwood would even want another job and the role he's got on Fox. Just time he could be spending with the family I think.
He's called a couple of games this year. He's probably just busy with other business activities, or taking a break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back