Portfolio SANFL based Alternate History

Remove this Banner Ad

sammy_mac

Debutant
Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Westies song is we're a happy team while Centrals song is known as the Mighty Fightin' Dogs and begins with the words we're a winning team at Centrals.

Lol, semantics. It's all based off the same song using the same tune. Port's version of Cheer, Cheer is slightly different from the Swans' too.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Lol, semantics. It's all based off the same song using the same tune. Port's version of Cheer, Cheer is slightly different from the Swans' too.

Port's version is better.

I know i'm biased but the changed words are all a big improvement.

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
GLENELG (SANFL)
Port's goes for too long and sounds old and outdated, while Sydney's sounds modernised.

Norwood had to wait fir two minutes in the SANFL GF to run out, because the port song took to long

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Norwood had to wait fir two minutes in the SANFL GF to run out, because the port song took to long
From prior years, everything except how long the quarters go is scheduled to the minute.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

Haha I can't say no to Zoidberg!

I'm on nightshift so that means sleeping all day and not a lot of time on the computer. I should have another one up in a couple of days, but just to tide you over, how about a bit of audience participation.

Like one of the next two posts to vote for what the next entry will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
Like this post to vote for a Carlton/North Melbourne joint venture
Michael-scott-no-god-no1.gif

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Without being too critical, and this is my opinion, I don't think Carlton should have to merge or change their identity.

As long as an adequate away/clash or even a third kit is provided, both teams could wear their home kits but never against each other.
Except they have exactly the same jumper as South, just with CFC instead of SA. Therein lies the issue. Essendon, Richmond would have the same issue.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
But this is why they have clash jumpers. SA home game, Carlton wear a clash or third kit. Think their Livestrong yellow jumper.

Same with SA playing away to Carlton.

In real life i'd be right behind this, but to make it more interesting in this universe, the SANFL have directed that any expansion clubs will not use the same design as an existing SANFL club for their guernsey. It must be different, even if the colours are the same. Otherwise we'd all know exactly what was coming for half of these teams.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
But this is why they have clash jumpers. SA home game, Carlton wear a clash or third kit. Think their Livestrong yellow jumper.

Same with SA playing away to Carlton.
I'm not talking about playing each other. Clash jumpers in that scenario is a given.
I'm talking about in the weeks that South and Carlton both play at home, there'd be two teams wearing navy blue with a white monogram.
Having the same colours is one thing but having pretty much exactly the same kit as someone else in the league is a bit far.
They need unique jumper identities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back