SANFL/WAFL clubs joining AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

& to measure things properly do you need it further dissected by suburb &/or postcode.

Are you better served joining a debating club or are you putting forward your opinion?

No, just in and out of the region served by the sponsors of the club.

OK, a question for you...

Is money spent in Tasmania by tourists from outside Tasmania more or less valuable to the Tasmanian economy than money spent by people from within that economic region?

Well, like yourself, me not being an economist, I'll have a punt & say that any money from outside the state coming in may benefit the Tasmanian economy more. However as for as Launceston businesses are concerned, Hobart money is just as valuable. I guess economic stimulation is of value wherever the money comes from. In the case of Hobart, if people go to Launceston that does nothing for Hobart. It is good for Launceston & for the overall Tasmanian economy I would surmise.
So I dont really know:D Its a guess, You'd need to ask a real economist
I just think your comparison between the effects of spending in Tasmania & North Island were illogical

Well, like yourself, me not being an economist, I'll have a punt & say that any money from outside the state coming in may benefit the Tasmanian economy more. However as for as Launceston businesses are concerned, Hobart money is just as valuable. I guess economic stimulation is of value wherever the money comes from. In the case of Hobart, if people go to Launceston that does nothing for Hobart. It is good for Launceston & for the overall Tasmanian economy I would surmise.
So I dont really know:D Its a guess, You'd need to ask a real economist
I just think your comparison between the effects of spending in Tasmania & North Island were illogical

That's because I'm not comparing with the North Island.

I'm comparing the economic regions controlled by the bodies that sponsor the games.
Tasmanian government (presumably) cares about Tasmania as a whole.
Wellington council cares about the City of Wellington, not the whole North Island.

That's because I'm not comparing with the North Island.

I'm comparing the economic regions controlled by the bodies that sponsor the games.
Tasmanian government (presumably) cares about Tasmania as a whole.
Wellington council cares about the City of Wellington, not the whole North Island.

& the TT line sponsorship of North in Hobart, how does that equate as seen through the Telsor economic tool?

& the TT line sponsorship of North in Hobart, how does that equate as seen through the Telsor economic tool?

The question is the value of the sponsorship to the sponsor....Does TT lines gain sufficiently to justify their outlay?

As a business (of sorts), their parameters would be more specific (does it produce more business/profit) than a government sponsorship (does it produce more tourists/awareness...Which can be a pretty 'flexible' assessment...e.g. the F1 GP in Melbourne).

Personally, I would have thought sponsoring games in Launceston would have suited them better (more likely to pick up ferry traffic there I'd have thought), but as that deal is done.

Dont worry. I was just trying to understand what he was on about. Just let it go. Launceston money to Hobart is the same as Auckland to Wellington in my mind. Anyhoo we move on.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink....

The question is the value of the sponsorship to the sponsor....Does TT lines gain sufficiently to justify their outlay?

As a business (of sorts), their parameters would be more specific (does it produce more business/profit) than a government sponsorship (does it produce more tourists/awareness...Which can be a pretty 'flexible' assessment...e.g. the F1 GP in Melbourne).

Personally, I would have thought sponsoring games in Launceston would have suited them better (more likely to pick up ferry traffic there I'd have thought), but as that deal is done.

For what its worth, TT line also do freight transport. I guess they see it as advertising.

You can see value by referring to the latest V8 deal signed by the Tas Govt:
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/08/10/new-five-year-deal-v8s-symmons-plains/
The Tasmanian government has secured the V8 Supercars event at Symmons Plains through 2019 under a new $6.125 million deal.

How does the Telsor economic tool diagnose this one?
Google maps Symmons Plains IF your sports knowledge is limited , yes its not a postcode prefixed by 3: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmons_Plains_Raceway

:rolleyes:

Does it generate enough economic activity (that would not otherwise occur) in the state to justify the cost?

The 'Telsor economic tool' doesn't have the information needed to determine that.

Does it generate enough economic activity (that would not otherwise occur) in the state to justify the cost.

The 'Telsor economic tool' doesn't have the information needed to determine that.

Clearly Tas think its worth it - one week end of the year telsor. Unlike you & your questioning Tas do have both the info & the responsibility, suggesting your views are of dubious value devoid of any quality.

Clearly Tas think its worth it - one week end of the year telsor. Unlike you & your questioning Tas do have both the info & the responsibility, suggesting your views are of dubious value devoid of any quality.

Where did I saw otherwise?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back