Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Last edited:
He didn't claim to be Sarah's husband. He said his name was Peter.

Said he is not getting any answers on what his son was injected with. When he speaks to the club, he only gets to talk to junior and middle management and it goes no further. asked about how many injections, he said his sone received about 100 over 18 months.

Said he still can't find out what his son was given. Says 24 or 25 staff have been sacked and that there should be an investigation. When asked if he had tried to speak to Stephen Dank, he said he can't get anything out of him.

Afterwards, Dwayne Russell was trying to get him to call back to verify his identity and Matthew Lloyd was offering to broker a meeting with James Hird. I'm not sure if he actually did call back.

Lloyd said he sounded genuine - said (words to this effect) you could hear how choked up he was from his voice and though they would all like to move on, perhaps this was evidence of the human toll this has taken.

I was in the car at the time, and that's my recollection of what he said. Apologies for any errors, omissions etc.

This "father" thought his son was getting injected for 18 months, so he obviously has a very good handle on the situation...

Particularly liked the long pauses when asked specific questions about who he's actually contacted at the club... "it's all shut down"... weird considering Crameri's father (who actually had the guts to put his name to his quotes) said that the club has been very open and that "if we want to know more to give them a call. They have been very professional.”

How these unsubstantiated calls get the airtime and attention they do has me buggered.

Last edited:
He didn't claim to be Sarah's husband. He said his name was Peter.

Said he is not getting any answers on what his son was injected with. When he speaks to the club, he only gets to talk to junior and middle management and it goes no further. asked about how many injections, he said his sone received about 100 over 18 months.

Said he still can't find out what his son was given. Says 24 or 25 staff have been sacked and that there should be an investigation. When asked if he had tried to speak to Stephen Dank, he said he can't get anything out of him.

Afterwards, Dwayne Russell was trying to get him to call back to verify his identity and Matthew Lloyd was offering to broker a meeting with James Hird. I'm not sure if he actually did call back.

Lloyd said he sounded genuine - said (words to this effect) you could hear how choked up he was from his voice and though they would all like to move on, perhaps this was evidence of the human toll this has taken.

Disgraceful if true.

This "father" thought his son was getting injected for 18 months, so he obviously has a very good handle on the situation...

Particularly liked the long pauses when asked specific questions about who he's actually contacted at the club... "it's all shut down"... weird considering Crameri's father (who actually had the guts to put his name to his quotes) said that the club has been very open and that "if we want to know more to give them a call. They have been very professional.”

How these unsubstantiated calls get the airtime and attention they do has me buggered.

How do you know "Peter" was a pseudonym?

They haven't been able to tell the parents much other than that they can ensure nothing they gave the players will be detrimental to their health long term, which I think is all they care about at the end of the day.
IMO this is because the only person who truly knows is Dank, and as we've seen, he isnt interested in helping anyone but himself

They haven't been able to tell the parents much other than that they can ensure nothing they gave the players will be detrimental to their health long term, which I think is all they care about at the end of the day.

And that in itself is a ridiculous response. They've said they don't know what the players took. They convinced the AFL tribunal that nobody will ever know what the players took. So how in HELL can they say they are certain nothing the players took will be detrimental to their health? It seems to me, Essendon can just say whatever they like and expect people to believe them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the 18 months was a mistake, does that invalidate the entire call?
What else did he really say that Joe Blow wouldn't know? "No records" - yeah, we know that. "Extra staff sackings still going on" - interesting, but I'd like to see evidence of this because I find this hard to believe; it would have been picked up by the Essendon lynch mob media if we were still sacking innocent employees by the dozens with the season underway. "Can't talk to the club about this, get shut down" - bullshit, Essendon parents willing to put their name to quotes say they can contact the club whenever they want and have been kept updated throughout the whole saga. "100 injections over 18 months" - quite clearly a false statement.

Almost doubling the timeline in which your son was receiving injections is a pretty big mistake to make for someone who is obviously so concerned about their son's health.

Last edited:
What else did he really say that Joe Blow wouldn't know? "No records" - yeah, we know that. "Extra staff sackings still going on" - interesting, but I'd like to see evidence of this because I find this hard to believe. "Can't talk to the club about this, get shut down" - bullshit, Essendon parents willing to put their name to quotes say they can contact the club whenever they want and have been kept updated throughout the whole saga. "100 injections over 18 months" - quite clearly a false statement.

Almost doubling the timeline in which your son was receiving injections is a pretty big mistake to make for someone who is obviously so concerned about their son's health.
Do you know that they weren't getting injections BEFORE Dank started? Didn't Jobe say something along the lines that it was "more injections that they'd ever seen" or something like that, which indicates that they were receiving injections before that?

Do you know that they weren't getting injections BEFORE Dank started? Didn't Jobe say something along the lines that it was "more injections that they'd ever seen" or something like that, which indicates that they were receiving injections before that?
I think I read somewhere that before Dank officially started, he did a few injections. However, that would still put the timeline at not even a year so at best, this father is still 6-7 months out.

What else did he really say that Joe Blow wouldn't know? "No records" - yeah, we know that. "Extra staff sackings still going on" - interesting, but I'd like to see evidence of this because I find this hard to believe. "Can't talk to the club about this, get shut down" - bullshit, Essendon parents willing to put their name to quotes say they can contact the club whenever they want and have been kept updated throughout the whole saga. "100 injections over 18 months" - quite clearly a false statement.

Wonder if "Peter" made it to any of the parent meetings. Could have had a face to face with 'upper' management.

I think I read somewhere that before Dank officially started, he did a few injections. However, that would still put the timeline at not even a year so at best, this father is still 6-7 months out.
But I asked, who's saying if Dank was involved in ALL of the injections? Perhaps the lads did get injections the year before, and when Dank came, the numbers increased enormously. Jobe said:

"As a player myself, it was a new frontier for us.

"Having that many injections was something I had not experienced in AFL football before."

To me, that indicates they had injections before, just not that many. Therefore, it is a possibility that this "father" is correct in his statements, isn't it?

But I asked, who's saying if Dank was involved in ALL of the injections? Perhaps the lads did get injections the year before, and when Dank came, the numbers increased enormously. Jobe said:

"As a player myself, it was a new frontier for us.

"Having that many injections was something I had not experienced in AFL football before."

To me, that indicates they had injections before, just not that many. Therefore, it is a possibility that this "father" is correct in his statements, isn't it?
Most players at every club would've had injections before this saga. Hawthorn were league leaders in this area so it's fair to say other clubs were doing it to.

In the context of a club endorsed supplements program, no, I don't think our players would've been getting injected regularly before Dank and Robinson arrived.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back