Review Sat 14 March v Casey at Casey Fields 1pm (Dev at 10am)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks 4P. Pleasing to hear Sicilys talent keeps shining. Litherland needs to play with glue on his hands otherwise is gone.
He wasn't too bad mate played the game out really well but his first couple of touches were nervy

I really hope we give Sicily games this year over Shoey unless he demands a spot.
From what I've seen Sicily has more upside ...

Disagree, I think Schoey is ready to play a CHF role in 2015. We were short a key forward against North last week and could've used him.

Siciliy looks like a more aggressive and impressive future CHF to me.

I want Shoey to succeed but I just don't see it ...
Sicily is a smoother mover with a great tank and high cruz speed , he will be a flanker/wing who moves up and down the ground taking marks and gathering possies at will .......dare i say it , James Hird like .

Howe also looked good before copping a stinger on the left shoulder ..again another who covers the ground with ease and has a very damaging foot on him , also like the fact he is fearless ...i look fwd to watching his dev over the year .

Best news was the return of Whitecross, always puts in 100%, very vocal on the field.

Would've been very hot in that sun for the players & Casey kicked better in a very strong breeze. 10.2 to 5.12 had Casey winning but BH lost with bad conversion. It looked very much a pre-season hit out for BH, rusty skills & working their way into the year.

Schoey played forward with T O'Brien, Miller-Lewis & Grimley, who also shared the ruck with Pittonet.

My BOG was Angus Brayshaw, a serious ball magnet and effective with his use of the footy. Interesting that he's not in the Melbourne senior team.
Cheers to hear that Angus played well. Did he play majority in the center circle?
Cheers

Cheers to hear that Angus played well. Did he play majority in the center circle?
Cheers

Yes, he did spend a fair bit of time in the middle. Big Jake Spencer was strong in the ruck, certainly helped.

I went there to look at the Hawks players, but Brayshaw kept getting in the way. Don't have the stats, but he got plenty of the ball, not just at the centre bounce but also around the ground. Excellent link up player, I'd say if you re-wind the videos of Casey's goals then Brayshaw would feature in a majority of them.

Yes, he did spend a fair bit of time in the middle. Big Jake Spencer was strong in the ruck, certainly helped.

I went there to look at the Hawks players, but Brayshaw kept getting in the way. Don't have the stats, but he got plenty of the ball, not just at the centre bounce but also around the ground. Excellent link up player, I'd say if you re-wind the videos of Casey's goals then Brayshaw would feature in a majority of them.
There is a reason they want to re-sign him as ASAP

Are the stats avalible anywhere? Sounds like the boys are going to take some time to gel again.

Box Hill lost by 20 points & had 5 more scoring shots than the opposition. Casey had home town knowledge of the breeze & took advantage.

It was hardly a shellacking (At least on the scoreboard) despite the sound of some of the reports on here.

Final Scores Box Hill 5.12.42 to Casey 10.2.62

There is a reason they want to re-sign him as ASAP

2 actually:...1. He can Play & 2. His old man is the Norf president!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the appointment of Professor Andrew Kaye as a director may have been the something CouchPotato has been waiting for. In 2010, Prof Kaye was awarded the Medal of Honor from the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies for his “outstanding contribution to neurosurgery”. He was awarded the Commonwealth of Australia Centenary Medal in 2003 and Order of Australia in 2004. Sadly it would appear the task of developing a footy brain is even beyond the powers of a world renowned neuro surgeon.

I thought the appointment of Professor Andrew Kaye as a director may have been the something CouchPotato has been waiting for. In 2010, Prof Kaye was awarded the Medal of Honor from the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies for his “outstanding contribution to neurosurgery”. He was awarded the Commonwealth of Australia Centenary Medal in 2003 and Order of Australia in 2004. Sadly it would appear the task of developing a footy brain is even beyond the powers of a world renowned neuro surgeon.
Very talented surgeon and a very passionate hawks supporter - great to have him on board.

Am sure he'll try and help with the brain issue, problem is we need also need his equivalent to take care of Grimley's heart by the sound of his captaincy efforts today.

Disagree, I think Schoey is ready to play a CHF role in 2015. We were short a key forward against North last week and could've used him.

I'm somewhere in between. I want Schoey to play that role in 2015 and think we'd be better for it. But from the (admittedly small) sample of each we've seen so far, I think Sicily is closer to playing senior footy.

I'm somewhere in between. I want Schoey to play that role in 2015 and think we'd be better for it. But from the (admittedly small) sample of each we've seen so far, I think Sicily is closer to playing senior footy.

Schoey seems to struggle to take a mark. Saw it again in the practice match on Sat.

Sicily is a smoother mover with a great tank and high cruz speed , he will be a flanker/wing who moves up and down the ground taking marks and gathering possies at will .......dare i say it , James Hird like .

I thought the knock on him was his lack of tank last year?

I'd like to see all of TOB, Schoey and Sicily progress well this year. This COULD be our HF line up in a few year's time, meaning we won't have to try and trade in a KPP, which may prove an expensive exercise. I have high hopes, but fingers are crossed, so who knows... it could happen... :eek:

I'd like to see all of TOB, Schoey and Sicily progress well this year. This COULD be our HF line up in a few year's time, meaning we won't have to try and trade in a KPP, which may prove an expensive exercise. I have high hopes, but fingers are crossed, so who knows... it could happen... :eek:

Getting rid of the young lads in Gunston & Breust?

Who I really want to see progress is Tatupu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back