Autopsy Round 7: Saturday May 30th: Richmond vs Essendon at ME Centre, 12.12pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of injuries does that m8 most of the injuries we have are the seconds players.
Nathan Drummond Knee Season
Dan Butler
Kane Lambert
Castagna
And young ones getting a game in the seniors cause this guys are also out
Ricky Petterd Foot 7-9 weeks
Chris Knights Hamstring 5-7 weeks
Reece Conca
Chris Newman Groin 1-2 weeks
Ty Vickery Ankle/Knee 1-2 weeks
Nathan Foley

To add a bit of context how many do Essendon and all clubs have injured?.
What concerns me is, the tiger players who are 3, 4 even 5 yrs in the system. Or are mature recruits. Yet none of them are stepping up and leading from the front.

Astbury yr 6. Had injuries i know. They arent an excuse for him not to be having a big impact at vfl level.
Arnot yr 4. Just been delisted and put on the rookie list. He is playing for his footy life. A big bodied mid he should be dominating at this level.
Dea yr 6. We have to make a call on this bloke. He should be playing consistent good footy at vfl and leading from the front.
Elton yr 4. Should be playing consistent footy at vfl by now.
Gordon yr 4. 25 yo mature recruit who we took expecting to be able to have an impact at afl level straight away yet alone vfl.
Hampson yr 9. Dominates the ruck but continues to do next to nothing around the ground at vfl level.
Lloyd yr 2. 25 yr old mature recruit. see Gordon.
McDonough yr 3. A small who should be doing more.
Lennon yr 2. May be a bit harsh. Hes a first round pick and you would expect him to play well at vfl level.
Thomas yr 9? Plays real well most weeks at vfl level.

To add a bit of context how many do Essendon and all clubs have injured?.
What concerns me is, the tiger players who are 3, 4 even 5 yrs in the system. Or are mature recruits. Yet none of them are stepping up and leading from the front.

Astbury yr 6. Had injuries i know. They arent an excuse for him not to be having a big impact at vfl level. - Generally dominates when playing back at VFL level. Not a forward - way too slow and lumbering.
Arnot yr 4. Just been delisted and put on the rookie list. He is playing for his footy life. A big bodied mid he should be dominating at this level. - Plays okay but not amazingly at VFL level. Lacks attributes beyond a hard attack on the ball. Probable delisting.
Dea yr 6. We have to make a call on this bloke. He should be playing consistent good footy at vfl and leading from the front. Is playing consistently good footy at VFL level, probably our best for the last few weeks. Would be playing AFL for most teams.
Elton yr 4. Should be playing consistent footy at vfl by now. Generally good as a backman. Improving all the time.
Gordon yr 4. 25 yo mature recruit who we took expecting to be able to have an impact at afl level straight away yet alone vfl. Plays largely the same at VFL and AFL level, with patches of exciting footy due to his athleticism, and then patches where he is horrid because of his lack of smarts.
Hampson yr 9. Dominates the ruck but continues to do next to nothing around the ground at vfl level. Will never be anything more than a tap ruckman.
Lloyd yr 2. 25 yr old mature recruit. see Gordon. Generally dominates VFL level. Not so good yesterday, though. Needs to add more strings to his bow to remain involved in games at AFL level.
McDonough yr 3. A small who should be doing more. Elite smarts and skills, but lacks the strength, speed, size, or endurance to really get the ball in dangerous positions on a consistent basis. Could go either way.
Lennon yr 2. May be a bit harsh. Hes a first round pick and you would expect him to play well at vfl level. Up and down. Lots to work with. Needs to work on his athleticism.
Thomas yr 9? Plays real well most weeks at vfl level. Dominates VFL, but not an AFL player.

Not sure all of your assessments are fair. Many of the players you suggest should be playing good VFL footy are playing good VFL footy. I've added my thoughts on the players you have mentioned from the VFL games I have seen this year and last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back