Media Saturdays with Smartys - Episode #2 with Wacky Tiger

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturdays with Smartys
Episode #2 with Wacky Tiger

Welcome everyone to the 2nd ever edition of Saturdays with Smartys. This weeks guest is no stranger to the Sweet FA spotlight. He is an EKA Medallist, a Mobbs Medallist, an All-SFA, a rfctigerarmy Award recipient, a TFLUA-Tiger Medallist and current captain of both the South Australian SoO team and the Fighting Furies. Everyone please but your bums on your seats and give just 3 claps for Wacky Tiger.

SP:
Thanks for stopping by, Wacky. It's always good to have someone of your calibre to stop in and have a chat.

WT: Hi Smartys Power and thanks for having me. TBH im quite surprised its taken this long to wrangle and interview but then again im really not all that surprised as there not a lot interesting about me.

SP: So let's start with something easy to get you go on. Why don't you tell us on how you found the SFA and why/how you joined?

WT: Geez mate you should know that. I was your teammate for all of a couple of weeks incase you have forgot :eek: Danger in Texas introduced me to the league but being the inactive flog he is ( :hearts: Ditty ) after a week or two at the Demons not knowing what the hell was going on thetradesman convinced me to head to the Furies. Thought id be better off among my own kind.

SP: In 2 seasons you have won an EKA Medal, a Mobbs Medal, an All-SFA, a rfctigerarmy Award and you are now captain of the South Australian SoO team and the Fighting Furies. What has made you so successful in such a short period of time?

WT: You forgot the TLFUA-Tiger medal ;)

SP: Well then, whoever is running your wiki page should be sacked immediately.

WT: Um what has made me successful gee im stuffed if I know tbh. I think Frankston Rover summed it up pretty well on one of the podcasts. 'Karma' I like a lot of posts and the Qooty gods like that I like a lot of posts.

SP: Season 18 was a somewhat successful season for the Furies. You finished top 4 but lost the Qualifying Final to the Bombers. You then beat the newbies in the Warriors in the Semi and then beat the Dragons in the Prelim. You then went to the Grand Final to face the Demons who finished 5th after the home and away season who have never one a premiership. Surely your confidence as a team as at an all time high and you had already started the celebrations. How were you feeling into the lead up and potentially becoming the #firsttofive?

WT: Season 18 was a great season. We tripped at that final hurdle :( how did I know you would bring that up, but had a great season. I guess we were feeling confident come grand final week but you always had that feeling in the bottom of your gut that you could have a howler. Unfortunately for me I had a howler :(

SP: Now obviously Grand Final day didn't go quite to plan after losing to the Demons :)D).What was the feeling like after the game and how were you able to move on from the loss?

WT: Right that's it this is bullshit im out of this interview. You promised we wouldn't talk of that game :mad:

(wacky leaves room throwing his microphone against the wall)

upload_2015-2-21_11-11-28.png
Smartys Power sits there confused as he has no idea why Wacky Tiger storms off

SP: Why can't I ask these questions?

some minutes later

(wacky calls on the intercom saying "Im sorry baby, I didn't mean it, I think they are wonderful fingerpaintings)

WT: Personally the feeling straight after the GF was '**** ive got to get up in 3 hours to work :cry: ' but on the whole it wasn't too bad. We had a super season to make it as far as we did and if a few other things went our way like our coach not dragging me early in the match then we might have had a better showing.

SP: Ah yes, the Logger delay saga. Thankfully for everyone's sake he is no longer simming. But then again, we probably wouldn't have won the premiership. Umm...I mean....let's move on shall we?

SP: As I have previously mentioned, you have become the captain of the Fighting Furies. How did this come about?

WT: fumbler and tigland installed me as VC of the Furies for S18 as part of a succession plan. Except they didn't tell me of the plan :eek: I had a solid year posting wise I suppose and enjoyed trying to get the team involved in match threads and team threads. I guess I was the natural choice.

SP: How will the captaincy role affect how you will now act on and off the field? Will we see a different Wacky Tiger?

WT: I don't think it will affect me at all. I mean lets be honest @fumber did **** all last year and I was basically doing it anyways ;) No i'll pretty much be the same poster. May be a little quieter in match threads do to a busier workload but cant see too much changing. Im still gona like stuff.

SP: Well unfortunately that's all we have time for. Once again, I'd like to thank you Wacky for stopping bye. It's been an absolute pleasure. (Probably should right something after here for effectiveness. :p)

WT: Thanks Smarty and seeing you've asked me all these questions it disqualifys you on asking me questions in brahj AMA thread. Tough t***ies them the breaks :p

Still my opinion that you'd look better in Demons colours Wack :hearts:
I swear I must've died for those 2 weeks. Didn't know Wacky was a Demon for a little bit.

If you ever want to interview the poor mans Wacky Tiger, im always available. Literally. No one ever wants to talk to me if they can help it.
I'll add you to the very, very, very long list I have lined up......

Of 0 people. :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd dig it cat but the rest of these squares would not.

I don't need your damn podcast anyway. I've been doing Indonesian radio, so there.
Although they are utterly confused when i talk about the SFA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back