Universal Love SAYS IT ALL REALLY.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw this on the clubs website so I thought I'd post it. To me where Peggy says in her recount of where we were to where we are is not to congratulate but to acknowledge... but still lots to do, not satisfied. The whole thing was very sincere, honest & to me is true...You decide after you watch it ....

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-05-18/oneal-r7-presidents-function

Incredibly impressive speech and extremely reassuring to know the club is in the hands of Peggy and Brendan Gale.

I loved the line about not reacting to anything said in the media nor the vocal minority of this club (basically this board).

Ha hah beat me to it. I chuckled at the reference she made to the dark-siders on the BF Richmond Board.

Vocal minority my arse. She needs to remember who pays her bills. Anyone thinking last week ends win was anything other than papering over cracks is delusional. Yep, last week end was a great win, but, we are now up against it. We lose next week end and we're still 3-5. We miss finals this season and you reckon the majority of the 70k of members will be happy to keep Dimma?
Stupid comment on her behalf. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt her.

Ha hah beat me to it. I chuckled at the reference she made to the dark-siders on the BF Richmond Board.

The rubbish in the past month being posted on this board is mind blowing. Do people read what they write before they hit post !

Its 7 rounds in and people are calling for Dimma's head. Suggesting we blow up our list and start again, we already have one of the youngest lists in the league FFS! We were even younger than bloody Collingwood on the weekend who are going through a semi rebuild. I have even seen suggestions that we tank for a higher pick. If we had done that last year we would have ended up with who Do Goey or Cockatoo? Corey Ellis in his two games has looked more comfortable at the level than the both of them!

Another instance of this board bullshit was the preseason free agents thread. People were so high on Karnesis that they were were willing to part with ridiculous picks to get him and look how he went on the weekend! Hes a completely useless footballer.

Sorry for the rant but far out this board makes hard reading sometimes.

The rubbish in the past month being posted on this board is mind blowing. Do people read what they write before they hit post !

Its 7 rounds in and people are calling for Dimma's head. Suggesting we blow up our list and start again, we already have one of the youngest lists in the league FFS! We were even younger than bloody Collingwood on the weekend who are going through a semi rebuild. I have even seen suggestions that we tank for a higher pick. If we had done that last year we would have ended up with who Do Goey or Cockatoo? Corey Ellis in his two games has looked more comfortable at the level than the both of them!

Another instance of this board bullshit was the preseason free agents thread. People were so high on Karnesis that they were were willing to part with ridiculous picks to get him and look how he went on the weekend! Hes a completely useless footballer.

Hang on, so you reckon there's no need to assess Hardwicks performance after 6 years, and we are still losing games to teams like the Dog's and Melbourne? After 6 years, where we have turned over the list and he is still a poor match day coach? After 6 years we still have many holes on the list and 32 year old blokes like Newman are still considered starters over kids, and we still can't attract top end talent to the club unlike the hawks.
What's bullshit is people drinking the cool aid and not questioning why we are 3-4 after a dream draw this season. Make no mistake, barring a minor miracle, Hardwick has coached us to his level. We will never get above 7th while he is in charge.

No we were calling for his head this time last year, the finish to last year papered over the cracks, the game plan is s**t, what was said at 1/4 time? Yesterday, did the players say * you Dimma we are doing it our way?

The change was sci dramatic something was said by somebody and it would not have been clueless

Did Peggy marry a Richmond supporter or were we just that appealing to her?

She moved into Richmond & it went from there I think. She's been involved with the Tigers for many years I believe. I think KiwiTiger probably knows a lot more than I do...

Vocal minority my arse. She needs to remember who pays her bills. Anyone thinking last week ends win was anything other than papering over cracks is delusional. Yep, last week end was a great win, but, we are now up against it. We lose next week end and we're still 3-5. We miss finals this season and you reckon the majority of the 70k of members will be happy to keep Dimma?
She's a board member and President, not a paid employee. You don't pay her bills.

Stupid comment on your behalf as it's the exact kind of knee-jerk, over-emotional, uninformed rubbish that she's talking about. You're counting a loss before it's even happened. You're writing a season off before round 8, after a win.

It's OK to be critical of the club and of the coaching staff and I agree that if we miss finals that Hardwick's job needs to be heavily scrutinised if it isn't already. The way we've performed this season isn't good enough. This is exactly what Peggy conveyed in her speech.

But the way some of you people carry on and on like petulant children is ridiculous. I would much rather Hardwick coach with a view towards the future like he is now and not feel like he has to coach for his career.

All she is saying is that they don't make rash decisions like this club used to. Nothing even remotely stupid about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were even younger than bloody Collingwood on the weekend who are going through a semi rebuild.

The trouble is, a young list is not a sign that we merely need to stay the course. We have had this "young list" for the last seven years or more. The reason we perpetually have a young list is that we have shown a chronic inability to recruit/develop star players and, as much as I enjoyed yesterday's match, our best players were all Wallace-era pick-ups. That might ring alarm bells, rather than being the cue for another round of backslapping.

So glad we have strong people running our football club.We have probably the most emotional supporter bases out there which I love when I hear the passion from the Punt Road End stands but with our admin ,we have the other side which is strength under adversity and we will get stronger through sustainability.We have to stick with Dimma and pull through.The core is there ,now to get the club working hard on the field and the results will come.

The trouble is, a young list is not a sign that we merely need to stay the course. We have had this "young list" for the last seven years or more. The reason we perpetually have a young list is that we have shown a chronic inability to recruit/develop star players and, as much as I enjoyed yesterday's match, our best players were all Wallace-era pick-ups. That might ring alarm bells, rather than being the cue for another round of backslapping.

Chill

Pretty sure it was before the game

Gee, maybe our best players are Wallace's because those were the players good enough to keep from his tenure and they've had longer to develop?

I also don't remember Shaun Grigg, Bachar Houli, Ivan Maric, Brandon Ellis or Anthony Miles being on our list in 2009.

Agree that we need to become more attractive to free agents and trade targets though.

Hang on, so you reckon there's no need to assess Hardwicks performance after 6 years, and we are still losing games to teams like the Dog's and Melbourne? After 6 years, where we have turned over the list and he is still a poor match day coach? After 6 years we still have many holes on the list and 32 year old blokes like Newman are still considered starters over kids, and we still can't attract top end talent to the club unlike the hawks.
What's bullshit is people drinking the cool aid and not questioning why we are 3-4 after a dream draw this season. Make no mistake, barring a minor miracle, Hardwick has coached us to his level. We will never get above 7th while he is in charge.
I know disgusting isn't it, by the way what are your thoughts on Sydney's loss to the dogs, Hawthorns loss to GWS, Port's 3 losses on the trot to sides who failed to make the 2014 finals.
Also, what makes you think Dimma is a poor matchday coach, have you been in the box with him have you.
And those many holes, care to enlighten us what they all are.
And that dream draw, only twice have we been more experienced than our opponent.

Gee, maybe our best players are Wallace's because those were the players good enough to keep from his tenure and they've had longer to develop?

I also don't remember Shaun Grigg, Bachar Houli, Ivan Maric, Brandon Ellis or Anthony Miles being on our list in 2009.

Agree that we need to become more attractive to free agents and trade targets though.

Well, obviously Cotchin, Deledio, and Riewoldt were "good enough to keep".

Grigg, Houli, and Maric were good pick-ups, as we good them for cheap.

But where are the stars Hardwick has recruited and developed?

She's a board member and President, not a paid employee. You don't pay her bills.

Stupid comment on your behalf as it's the exact kind of knee-jerk, over-emotional, uninformed rubbish that she's talking about. You're counting a loss before it's even happened. You're writing a season off before round 8, after a win.

It's OK to be critical of the club and of the coaching staff and I agree that if we miss finals that Hardwick's job needs to be heavily scrutinised if it isn't already. The way we've performed this season isn't good enough. This is exactly what Peggy conveyed in her speech.

But the way some of you people carry on and on like petulant children is ridiculous. I would much rather Hardwick coach with a view towards the future like he is now and not feel like he has to coach for his career.

All she is saying is that they don't make rash decisions like this club used to. Nothing even remotely stupid about that.
Well said, Juke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back