Universal Love SAYS IT ALL REALLY.....

Remove this Banner Ad

You just lost a whole lot of cred saying that and you know it TI.
I know what you're trying to say but that's just a crazy thing to say.
No I just made a statement in comparison to his ridiculous team which included Relton Roberts Nason and Farmer who Were not of the previous regime they belonged to DH era

No I just made a statement in comparison to his ridiculous team which included Relton Roberts Nason and Farmer who Were not of the previous regime they belonged to DH era
Still though.... You've lost your s**t over Newman.
Fair enough to have an opinion but you're not even making sense now when it comes to him.

No, I dismissed his point, big difference, even Carlton have stars at the moment, Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson etc'.
TV was about 18/19 and Rance and Edwards were also on the list and go back a few years and see what people thought of them. :eek:
Chris Newman has been an exceptional servant of the Richmond Football Club, a fine and courageous player, a leader when we were at our lowest ebb and has represented our club with class and dignity, and you call him a spud, says more about you than about him, IMO.
Yes it probably does , but at least I get my facts right and answer the question honestly
Only DH regime would play Roberts, trade Shulz for Farmer ( could have stayed if persisted with) and also Nason was on the list also
Sorry not part of Wallace's era so your team was out by the previous seasons last game
About Newman go and read the observatory , ifhe had any respect for the rfc he would have hung up his boots 2 yrs ago

Last edited:

Still though.... You've lost your s**t over Newman.
Fair enough to have an opinion but you're not even making sense now when it comes to him.
Why? Bc he puts his wallet before the rfc
He should have been doing assistant coaching duties at other clubs so he could have come back in 2017 to coach us

Yes it probably does , but at least I get my facts right and answer the question honestly
Only DH regime would play Roberts, trade Shulz for Farmer ( could have stayed if persisted with) and also Nason was on the list also
Sorry not part of Wallace's era so your team was out by the previous seasons last game
About Newman go and read the observatory , ifhe had any respect for the rfc he would have hung up his boots 2 yrs ago
That's a guess, not a fact. Truth is Jay never settled at Richmond and kicked 51 goals in 71 games (he was persisted with) and has now kicked 221 goals in 96 games for Port, he wanted to go back to SA and as soon as he did he settled down, got married and became a father, now he's reaching his potential and good on him.
Don't understand the Wallace era bit, could you explain it a bit further and I have no idea what "observatory" I should go and read. :confused:

That's a guess, not a fact. Truth is Jay never settled at Richmond and kicked 51 goals in 71 games (he was persisted with) and has now kicked 221 goals in 96 games for Port, he wanted to go back to SA and as soon as he did he settled down, got married and became a father, now he's reaching his potential and good on him.
Don't understand the Wallace era bit, could you explain it a bit further and I have no idea what "observatory" I should go and read. :confused:
Yeah you quoted DH first not Wallets last team understand:p
Shulz could have been convinced to stay if the admin tried hard enough, but under Blair and FJ they seem to think he was too much trouble from his previous indiscretions:confused:

Yeah you quoted DH first not Wallets last team understand:p
Shulz could have been convinced to stay if the admin tried hard enough, but under Blair and FJ they seem to think he was too much trouble from his previous indiscretions:confused:
Yes I know, round 1, 2010 was DH's first game in charge, that's what I meant to post to highlight how far we've come from the first game to Sunday's game, understand. ;)
How hard did the admin try? Not your best guess but what was said and by whom?

Well said! After 6 years building a team it is well within every supporters right to question the coach on why we are still playing like 3 years ago..!
The coach keeps saying our best is good enough which might be true but we are only playing our best once or twice a year...which is shambolic.
Brisbane beat a contender in PA, so their best is good enuff too.? if so, we are no better than Brisbane..!

Win games you are suppose to win, you are an average coach, lose games you are suppose to win, you are s**t coach, win games that you are suppose to lose, you become a good coach. win premiership, you become the best coach....

That's how it has been and thats how it will remain..!

Sometimes too much caution and methodology makes you forget the fundamental basic of any sport " performance"

Also well said!

Anyone's best is "good enough" in today's game, so this sort of logic and hanging your hat on it is honestly backwards.

What Hardwick should be focusing on, is making sure that our WORST is good enough, because at the moment, it is nowhere near being that.

When your "worst" football is good enough to beat at least say, half the competition, then you're a good side.

At the moment, our worst is barely enough to beat ANYONE!

For example, Hawthorn's "worst" football is probably still good enough to beat St. Kilda, Brisbane, Melbourne, Carlton, Gold Coast, Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, Geelong, and probably us, among others.

The rubbish in the past month being posted on this board is mind blowing. Do people read what they write before they hit post !

Its 7 rounds in and people are calling for Dimma's head. Suggesting we blow up our list and start again, we already have one of the youngest lists in the league FFS! We were even younger than bloody Collingwood on the weekend who are going through a semi rebuild. I have even seen suggestions that we tank for a higher pick. If we had done that last year we would have ended up with who Do Goey or Cockatoo? Corey Ellis in his two games has looked more comfortable at the level than the both of them!

Another instance of this board bullshit was the preseason free agents thread. People were so high on Karnesis that they were were willing to part with ridiculous picks to get him and look how he went on the weekend! Hes a completely useless footballer.

Sorry for the rant but far out this board makes hard reading sometimes.

Karnesis is so f... slow for the AFL!!:eek:

I'm not really sure of the context as I didn't watch.
Facebook and things attract the very worst types of supporters so perhaps there?
We would have a lot of supporters I reckon that would actually write to the club and expect their opinion to be taken seriously.
It's frightening.

Spot on. How about demanding a lunch with Gale to go through a few issues!!! Could not believe it.

He said no.

Totally misinterpreting the argument of many on here, is also far from the complete basket case that DH took over, the hard work to come is still being acknowledged and consistency of performance isn't there, but it's a super competitive competition and we're capable of beating anyone, couldn't say that in 2010/11.

Um, okay, the "basket case" that included Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio, and Jack Riewoldt - the same Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio, and Jack Riewoldt who starred for us on Sunday. The problem is that Hardwick hasn't added any stars to those he inherited - despite having six years to do so.

Yes I know, round 1, 2010 was DH's first game in charge, that's what I meant to post to highlight how far we've come from the first game to Sunday's game, understand. ;)
How hard did the admin try? Not your best guess but what was said and by whom?

AS THE THREAD IS APPROPRIATELY NAMED

SAYS IT ALL REALLY.....

Spot on. How about demanding a lunch with Gale to go through a few issues!!! Could not believe it.

He said no.

Forget fannying about with lunches, I think we need a more ruthless approach:

image.jpg

"Lord Vader, this is an unexpected pleasure, we are honoured by your presence"
"You may dispense with the pleasantries, Hardwick, I'm here to put you back on schedule"
"But the fans expect the impossible, I can't win a final, there are possum droppings in the gymnasium"
"Perhaps you can tell them that when they arrive"
"The fans are coming here?"
"Yes, and they're most displeased by your apparent lack of progress"
"We shall double our efforts"
"I hope so, Hardwick, for your sake"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget fannying about with lunches, I think we need a more ruthless approach:

View attachment 136280

"Lord Vader, this is an unexpected pleasure, we are honoured by your presence"
"You may dispense with the pleasantries, Hardwick, I'm here to put you back on schedule"
"But the fans expect the impossible, I can't win a final, there are possum droppings in the gymnasium"
"Perhaps you can tell them that when they arrive"
"The fans are coming here?"
"Yes, and they're most displeased by your apparent lack of progress"
"We shall double our efforts"
"I hope so, Hardwick, for your sake"

That's as funny as leprosy.

Why? Bc he puts his wallet before the rfc
He should have been doing assistant coaching duties at other clubs so he could have come back in 2017 to coach us
You said he was a spud.
Hard to take seriously.

It's strange how Peggy didn't mention that she had already spent five years on the board in the Wallet Regime.Yet she mentioned we were 5million dollars in debt and a train wreck and didn't take any responsibility for this.
She also took the time to mention the club was not listening to emotional supporters. Six years(11 for her) into this DH tenure and we are expected to accept words of wisdom from the club.
I don't think Peg has ever rattled a tin for anybody let alone the rfc , so what would she know about passion and emotion.Yet she tred to take it away from me and many others.
And i thought we needed a FD and list overhaul:mad:

This worse-than-Fitzroy malarkey is just that:

1996 (final year in the competition): Fitzroy: Wins: 1; Percentage: 49

2008 (last full year under Wallace): Richmond: Wins: 10-1/2; Percentage: 97
Of course we weren't as bad as all that, pretty bad at the start of 2010, we ended 2009 (wonder why you didn't use the year before Dimma took over)
15th Richmond 22 5 16 1 1774 2388 74.29 22.

Of course, if you believe that we were pretty bad is all malarkey, then all this sack Hardwick malarkey is just that.

This worse-than-Fitzroy malarkey is just that:

1996 (final year in the competition): Fitzroy: Wins: 1; Percentage: 49

2008 (last full year under Wallace): Richmond: Wins: 10-1/2; Percentage: 97

To be fair, the Fitzroy comparison didn't surface until we were about 0-6 the next year.

Just saw this on the clubs website so I thought I'd post it. To me where Peggy says in her recount of where we were to where we are is not to congratulate but to acknowledge... but still lots to do, not satisfied. The whole thing was very sincere, honest & to me is true...You decide after you watch it ....

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-05-18/oneal-r7-presidents-function
As a universal love thread it seems to have been sent off the rails. Just want to say I'm with your original OP and can't be bothered debating because arguments don't seem to follow on logically and are so far off base now I don't know what to say.

(wonder why you didn't use the year before Dimma took over)

Quite obviously, if we are comparing where Wallace took the club to where Hardwick has taken the club, you wouldn't include 2009 because Wallace was sacked midway through. Likewise, if Hardwick were to be sacked after getting flogged by Port on the weekend, it wouldn't be relevant to measure his performance based on where we end up at the end of the year.

Quite obviously, if we are comparing where Wallace took the club to where Hardwick has taken the club, you wouldn't include 2009 because Wallace was sacked midway through. Likewise, if Hardwick were to be sacked after getting flogged by Port on the weekend, it wouldn't be relevant to measure his performance based on where we end up at the end of the year.
Where Wallace finished is irrelevant, it's from when DH took over is the topic.

It's not irrevelant. You just don't like it because none of Hardwick's 5-1/3 seasons has been a spectacular improvement on 2008. In fact, the similarities are stunning, ie. We are good when our best players fire but turn in all sorts of pitiful performances in between.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back