Competitions SBFFL Draft Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to open this one up for conversation.

Do we simply add them all to the free agents pool? (option a)

Or do we have a separate once off waiver wire which is done in the order that players were picked (option b). So going by the list posted earlier the order would be:

1. PetWussy (3rd round pick)
2. Armoooo (4th round pick)
3. Saintbatty (6th Round Pick)
4. Left_Billings (8th Round Pick)
5. Phoenox_9 (11th Round Pick)
6. Left_Billings (Redist Pick)
7. Phoenix_9 *Redist Pick)
8. 12Chill (29th Round Pick)
9. King Lonie (31st Round Pick)
10. Majortinkle (32nd Round Pick)
11. King Lone (33rd Round Pick)
12. 12Chill (34th Round Pick)
13. St Kilda Death (35th Round Pick)

If we go option a I think it's fair enough that the players would hold a spot on your list if you choose to keep them, but you can promote a rookie for them.

If we go option b you would get to hold onto them outside of a list spot, and bring in replacement player only. But then you can't upgrade a rookie for them...

I'd normally say option a, but seeing as Left_Billings got gutted for crucial KPs and ruck, I'd lean to option b for his sake. I also wonder whether he would have traded Fyfe for Franklin if we resolved this before he made such a big trade!

I drafted with the knowledge that any Essendon players could be suspended, however when I took Hibberd I thought it was worth the gamble. Stanton was a redistribution pick and I never really would have picked him so I am happy enough to delist him and pick up in the pre-season draft (essentially round 39).

As for the two options: it largely depends on how Essendon uses the top-up players.
Are they going to use them for depth in case of injuries, or will they use them to make them more competitive? But that will disadvantage the game time they could get into their younger players.

I'm line ball on the two options

I drafted with the knowledge that any Essendon players could be suspended, however when I took Hibberd I thought it was worth the gamble. Stanton was a redistribution pick and I never really would have picked him so I am happy enough to delist him and pick up in the pre-season draft (essentially round 39).

As for the two options: it largely depends on how Essendon uses the top-up players.
Are they going to use them for depth in case of injuries, or will they use them to make them more competitive? But that will disadvantage the game time they could get into their younger players.

I'm line ball on the two options
I haven't gone through by position but there are 10 non drafted bombers not suspended and then half a dozen rookies. I reckon there will be more value in those than most of the top ups.

Armoooo is the PSD only open to teams with list space upon confirmation of lists? Or can we delist and bid in a LIVE sense?

CursingFijian the PSD will only be open for teams with an open space on their list. Each team will be allocated as few or as many picks as they have open list spots available. You wont be able to jump in halfway through.

After list lodgement on Sunday your next opportunity to delist players will be once the drafts have been completed but any player you want to pick up would have to go through the waiver wire process (which wont be able to begin until after the top-up players have been allocated so the timeframe isn't clear).

If possible could you delete your post from the other thread.

Thanks.

CursingFijian the PSD will only be open for teams with an open space on their list. Each team will be allocated as few or as many picks as they have open list spots available. You wont be able to jump in halfway through.

After list lodgement on Sunday your next opportunity to delist players will be once the drafts have been completed but any player you want to pick up would have to go through the waiver wire process (which wont be able to begin until after the top-up players have been allocated so the timeframe isn't clear).

If possible could you delete your post from the other thread.

Thanks.

So this isn't including rookies but our senior 40, correct? So we only get PSD picks if we have 39 or less players on our senior list?
Also, if I have players such as Michael Hurley, Angus Monfries and David Myers (all suspended in 2016) are they eligible to be placed on the rookie list to open up more PSD selections, or would I have to delist them completely if I don't want them on my senior list?
Sorry if you already mentioned it and I missed it!
Thanks.

You can either delist and grab someone from psd.
Or.
Keep banned player, and select an essendon top up player from the top up draft held later on.

Or you can treat them as a LTI and promote a rookie (once we have the rookie draft).

In my case, I delisted Stanton, to free up a PSD spot. I will be keeping Hibberd, and promoting a rookie in his place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread has been created for the Rookie Draft.

I have done my best to have all eligible players named but I'm never 100% confident when dealing with spreadsheets.

The draft will start immediately after the conclusion of the PSD.

When it comes to trading and drafting next year will we have to abide by some of the AFL rules that are currently in place. That is will every team have to delist or trade for draft picks at least three players? And will rookies have to stay on the list for two years?

Yep minimum of 3 draft selections (1can be a rookie selection)

Rookies can be kept for two years Max. Delist, upgrade or retain after year one and delist or upgrade after year 2

By my quick phone scan, only PetWussy (Heppell), Left_Billings (Ryder) and myself (Hibberd) are eligible for the top-up draft (in that order). Anyone else got someone banned (and not traded in)?

Just thought I'd bring this up, seeing as Crowley was just signed.

By my quick phone scan, only PetWussy (Heppell), Left_Billings (Ryder) and myself (Hibberd) are eligible for the top-up draft (in that order). Anyone else got someone banned (and not traded in)?

Just thought I'd bring this up, seeing as Crowley was just signed.
If Ryder is eligible then I have Carlisle on my list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back