Competitions SBFFL (The St Kilda Board Fantasy Football Leage) - Official Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps when we update our team lists for lodgement we could include a little note down the bottom about any delistings.

Once all the lodgements are in I will be updating my spreadsheet so any players not allocated to a team should appear and then I can include them in the draft pool.

Please Remember:
Any player not on a lodged list officially becomes a free agent.
If you accidently leave a player off of your list at lodgement he become a free agent.
If a player is not on any lodged list and is not in the list of players available they can still be drafted (fingers crossed this wont happen) so the onus is on every coach to be as up to date and vigilant as possible.
If somebody leaves Gary Ablett off their list at lodgement and nobody notices until the third round of the PSD then they will be able to pick them up even though it would obviously have been a mistake.

Please double and triple check to avoid disappointment.

I know trade period only just ended, but was there a decision made on whether there was in-season trading?

If there is, there needs to be a cut-off point around half to 2/3rds through the season IMO

I know trade period only just ended, but was there a decision made on whether there was in-season trading?

If there is, there needs to be a cut-off point around half to 2/3rds through the season IMO

Trading will run concurrently throughout the Night Series which will take place over the bye weeks. During this time we will be playing matches where we can select from players on our list and any players you like from the free agents roster. If a player if on your team at the time of lock out it wont matter if you trade a player, you'll keep their score.

Free agency will be open until lock out of the final home and away season. The free agents players will then be unavailable until the pre-season draft.

(sorry for the tangent but I thought it couldn't hurt to get the full run down in a few threads just in case the rules weren't clear or were too convoluted.

I'm replying without reading the rules but from memory there's a trade period during the bye weeks but that's it.

Imagine there's a trade period between now and start of the season to cash in on some nab cup performers.....

Edit: late to the party again....

So is anyone getting Champion Data's AFL prospectus so we can officially rule who are and are not Key Defenders and Key Forwards? Most are self explanatory but there's a few that can be considered borderline.

So is anyone getting Champion Data's AFL prospectus so we can officially rule who are and are not Key Defenders and Key Forwards? Most are self explanatory but there's a few that can be considered borderline.
I'll definitely get the app but I don't know if it gets released at the same time as the book.

Revised average based on my anticipated starting 22 of 94.91?

My hopes from this point are that:
  • Ethan Hughes comes in for Alex Pearce (Osteitis Pubis) at Freo
  • Darcy Parish plays from Round 1
  • Morabito gets upgraded early and goes straight into the forward line
  • Clurey cracks best 22 at Port Adelaide
  • Rory Thompson to find his pre injury form
  • Jack Lonie to find another 20% improvement in his game
  • Angus Brayshaw to get to 75 average
  • Jamie Cripps to improve

I'm at 2127 with a captain, but I reckon I have a LOT of blokes who under performed last year or who have a better prospect at scoring more next year (Sloane, Cloke, Malceski, Jaensch, Hansen, Cal Sinclair, Macrae, Jones, Barlow, Greenwood).

I have not made any scoring assumptions with the predicted 2127

Is that 2088 including a captain score?

I'm sitting at 2101 with a captain. (Assuming Scott Selwood averages 80 rather than his injury/sub effected high 50's)
The 2088 is based on my best 22 average from last year and Pendlebury as captain. Took a hit when I traded Edwards and McCartin for Brayshaw, but I have a feeling I'll be on a long term winner with that. Looks like we should be pretty competitive and injuries will be a big factor. I have already read that Alex Pierce has Osteitis Pubis so I'm already one down.

Michael Johnson in Freo's rehab group along with Alex Pierce. Angus Brayshaw still recovering from hip surgery. All I need is a few of the old timers (Riewoldt/Mitchell/Maric/Petrie) to start acting their age and I'm buggered!

Hey guys,

A couple of announcements.

Trading is now open. This is unrestricted. You can have as many or as few players as you want between now and list lodgement date.

Official lists will be due Sunday March 20 at 5PM. At which point you will obviously need to fall within list requirement rules.

The free-agency has now also opened. I have included a separate list for the top-up players but that isn't going to be relevant until Essendon have finalised their top-up players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Armoooo now that Supercoach is open I'm double checking my team for their positions to make sure what I thought they were is what they actually are, and I have been caught out with a couple. Which leads me to the question:
  • Are we naming teams in the Supercoach format (6-8-2-6) or in the team list format
How many rucks could I put on the field for example.

Oh wow, Keough (mature age SANFL player Gold Coast got from West Adelaide playing as a Key Defender, and after the success of Adam Saad, and talk on their board he could be best 22 I pounced) has Forward/Mid designation, how is that possible when he played last year as a Key Defender and that's why Gold Coast drafted him.... Anyways, pointless rant cos I doubt I'll play him ever, but still annoying :p

Nope, naming sides in the traditional sense, e.g. a variation of the following:

FB:
HB
C:
HF
FF:
Foll:
I/C:
Second ruck can only be on field if they have a R/F designation.

What players did you get caught out on mate?

Yep

The eligibility looks like:

FB: Kpd/Gd - kpd - kpd/gd
HB: gd - kpd: gd
C: m - m - m
HF: GF - KPF - GF
FF: kpf/GF - KPF - KPF/gf
R: R - m - m
I/C: any - any - any - any

The emergency rules are a bit more complicated. Hopefully the official rules are more clear

Nope, naming sides in the traditional sense, e.g. a variation of the following:

FB:
HB
C:
HF
FF:
Foll:
I/C:
Second ruck can only be on field if they have a R/F designation.

What players did you get caught out on mate?
I had McKernan pinned as a Ruck/Forward but he is now Ruck only. I had Colquhoun pegged as a defender but he is now a midfielder. I had Fantasia listed as a Forward but he is now a defender. Mainly the ruck division though that is catching me out. I have four on the books and they are all listed as ruck only, Could I start one of them on the interchange bench?

I had McKernan pinned as a Ruck/Forward but he is now Ruck only. I had Colquhoun pegged as a defender but he is now a midfielder. I had Fantasia listed as a Forward but he is now a defender. Mainly the ruck division though that is catching me out. I have four on the books and they are all listed as ruck only, Could I start one of them on the interchange bench?
Bugger!
Yeah just start one on the interchange (y)

Does someone have the Prospectus yet? Wanting to know what Gwilt is classified as..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back