Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me play Devils advocate. He comes back in Round 2 and scores 176, 157 and 162. Pendles scores 117, 126 and 124 in the same three weeks.

What do you do?

If Ablett isn't named until round 4, then comes back and scores 68, 81 and 72 playing in a forward pocket. What would you do?

FWIW I have GAJ, and probably won't be removing him. But the above scenario is not unlikely.

Oooh, I think I will stop at this, pending rookies. I likey!
Appreciating advice from the peeps, esp Big Fozza

If nothing else, to give you cats a good laugh!
View attachment 117617

What is the deadline for Saad to be elevated for the GCS? Wednesday?
I think he is my only rookie concern so far. I have gone cold on Hogan. Melbourne forward line may not see too much of the sherrin again this year.
There is no good reason to have 488k on your bench at R3.

There is no good reason to have 488k on your bench at R3.
I must admit, I don't really have a good reason either. I CBF with rucks this year, set and forget in rucks, allowing another rookie to grow. It will be an interesting experiment if nothing else. Could be really good, could backfire. No nuts, no glory as they say!

If Ablett isn't named until round 4, then comes back and scores 68, 81 and 72 playing in a forward pocket. What would you do?

FWIW I have GAJ, and probably won't be removing him. But the above scenario is not unlikely.
I'm building my team around GAJ. If he doesn't play, I'll trade to Pendles at the last minute and keep the "spare" cash in the bank so that I can switch Pendles to GAJ. Therefore, if the above scenario happens, I'll just leave Pendles in. It's more likely he'll come in and dominate, in which case I'll move Pendles to GAJ.

The way people are planning on here (just removing GAJ and using the cash elsewhere), they'll have no way to get GAJ in unless they cash in a rookie 6 rounds early.

GAJ is a must in my mind. First picked every year. He has the runs on the board and has been the top SC scorer for as long as I can remember. Leave him out of your planning at your peril I say.

I'm building my team around GAJ. If he doesn't play, I'll trade to Pendles at the last minute and keep the "spare" cash in the bank so that I can switch Pendles to GAJ. Therefore, if the above scenario happens, I'll just leave Pendles in. It's more likely he'll come in and dominate, in which case I'll move Pendles to GAJ.

The way people are planning on here (just removing GAJ and using the cash elsewhere), they'll have no way to get GAJ in unless they cash in a rookie 6 rounds early.

GAJ is a must in my mind. First picked every year. He has the runs on the board and has been the top SC scorer for as long as I can remember. Leave him out of your planning at your peril I say.

agree. 100% im half tempted to bring in a 300-400k guy at mid 7. someone who's likely to jump 100k or so.
plan would be to drop them to the latest rookie bolter round 4-5 or so. and go to ablett elsewhere....

Good strategy.

But assuming Ablett doesn't play round one, don't trade Pendles to Gaj immediately once the great man does return.
Wait and see what his role is, and if his shoulder holds up.

It's unlikely you'll miss a monster score first up anyway.

Could be hundreds of different connotations to what happens with GAJ.

All we can act on, with actually 'knowing' something, is - is he named for GCS rd1?

If he is, will you pick him?

If he's not, will you pick him?

After that, the SC gods take over.

agree. 100% im half tempted to bring in a 300-400k guy at mid 7. someone who's likely to jump 100k or so.
plan would be to drop them to the latest rookie bolter round 4-5 or so. and go to ablett elsewhere....

I'm thinking along those same lines. Got to crunch some numbers. You got any ideas who might be an early bolter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've struggled more selecting my team this season than any season.

A few things will change in the lead up to Rd 1. Rookies aren't set in stone at all. At this stage:

DEF: B. Smith, H. Shaw, J. Newnes, H. Lumumba, S. Higgins, G. Ibbotson (N.Brown, L. Dalgleish)

MID: S. Pendlebury, N. Fyfe, P. Dangerfield, H. Bennell, A. Swallow, L. Neale, J. Steven, D. Rich (Boekhorst, Freeman, Saad)

RUCK: S. Mumford, T. Goldstein (M. Cox)

FWD: T. Bellchambers, C. Salem, M. Clarke, J. Steele, N. Krakouer, K. Lambert (A. Saad, J. Hogan)

Obviously quite risky. Particularly the FWD line setup with no premiums. Given the lack of defensive options I've spent solidly in the area hoping that I have hit 5 top 10-12 defenders by the end of the season in the 6 I have chosen. Midfield is solid. Bennell can bide his time there but will later become a FWD. Pendles and Fyfe are there as captaincy options. Risks on Swallow, Neale, Steven, Rich but I see them all as value.

I've gone reasonably safe with rucks that will get a lot of game time if fit. I've provided cover through Cox/Bellchambers FWD/RUCK mix. Bellchambers is reasonably priced and should get the lion's share of the Bombers ruck spot provided they avoid suspension. Aside from that I have used the FWD line as my rookie haven. That's where a lot of them seem to be.

It's risky. It's changed 100 times. Help.

Lachie Neale is the first that springs to mind.
Based on NAB, opportunities and price I reckon Mitch Wallis could appreciate pretty quickly.

Cheers fellas. I don't know too much about either of these guys so will look at them a bit further. Also it doesn't have to be mid either obv. Just need to start dusty/lids/swan in the middle if you got your eye on a fwd

very likely scenario... ablett is named, plays forward pocket, scores 56 midway through the 3rd, suns up 10 goals on the dees, red vest comes out..... gary takes said red vest...
Possibly. Are you willing to gamble the potential 500 points up until the bye rounds that you'll miss out on if you're wrong?

That's still two trades to get him in, which most will be using. It also means you have to upgrade two players who may not have reached their max cash generation. I'll only use one getting him in. An extra trade on 80% of the SC world is gold.

Good strategy.

But assuming Ablett doesn't play round one, don't trade Pendles to Gaj immediately once the great man does return.
Wait and see what his role is, and if his shoulder holds up.

It's unlikely you'll miss a monster score first up anyway.
Wouldn't be trading straight away. Would definitely want to see him play a game, probably two before making the call. I just want to ensure I've got the means to get him in to my team with one trade in Round 3 without sacrifice.

I've struggled more selecting my team this season than any season.

A few things will change in the lead up to Rd 1. Rookies aren't set in stone at all. At this stage:

DEF: B. Smith, H. Shaw, J. Newnes, H. Lumumba, S. Higgins, G. Ibbotson (N.Brown, L. Dalgleish)

MID: S. Pendlebury, N. Fyfe, P. Dangerfield, H. Bennell, A. Swallow, L. Neale, J. Steven, D. Rich (Boekhorst, Freeman, Saad)

RUCK: S. Mumford, T. Goldstein (M. Cox)

FWD: T. Bellchambers, C. Salem, M. Clarke, J. Steele, N. Krakouer, K. Lambert (A. Saad, J. Hogan)

Obviously quite risky. Particularly the FWD line setup with no premiums. Given the lack of defensive options I've spent solidly in the area hoping that I have hit 5 top 10-12 defenders by the end of the season in the 6 I have chosen. Midfield is solid. Bennell can bide his time there but will later become a FWD. Pendles and Fyfe are there as captaincy options. Risks on Swallow, Neale, Steven, Rich but I see them all as value.

I've gone reasonably safe with rucks that will get a lot of game time if fit. I've provided cover through Cox/Bellchambers FWD/RUCK mix. Bellchambers is reasonably priced and should get the lion's share of the Bombers ruck spot provided they avoid suspension. Aside from that I have used the FWD line as my rookie haven. That's where a lot of them seem to be.

It's risky. It's changed 100 times. Help.

Your forward line could score 100 points combined on a bad day.

Your forward line could score 100 points combined on a bad day.
That's the concern, but that's the risk I am taking. It means I have no starting rookies in Def, Mid or Ruck. So really I have 5 starting rookies across the board, 3 starting mid pricers (Rich, Bellchambers, Ibbotson) and the rest should hopefully be keepers. With the potential exceptions of one or two of the defenders depending on how things pan out and one or two of Swallow, Neale, Steven depending on how those gambles go.

That's the concern, but that's the risk I am taking. It means I have no starting rookies in Def, Mid or Ruck. So really I have 5 starting rookies across the board, 3 starting mid pricers (Rich, Bellchambers, Ibbotson) and the rest should hopefully be keepers. With the potential exceptions of one or two of the defenders depending on how things pan out and one or two of Swallow, Neale, Steven depending on how those gambles go.
3 starting mid-pricers?
I count 8.

Pretty solid team. For it to really work I'd think you need
1. at least one-of Griffen or Mitchell to go 110+ and play 20+ games and finish in your team as M7 / M8.
2. at least one of Bontempelli or Swan to go 95+ and play 20+ games and finish in your team as F5 / F6.
3. The other two make some cash to upgrade them at an opportune time.

If you're confident that will happen then could work.

3 starting mid-pricers?
I count 8.
My real problem here is that I know you're right but I don't really want you to be.

I've made a lot of assumptions obviously. Those being that a lot of my picks will end up keepers. Players like Swallow, Neale, Steven, Lumumba, Newnes.

My real problem here is that I know you're right but I don't really want you to be.

I've made a lot of assumptions obviously. Those being that a lot of my picks will end up keepers. Players like Swallow, Neale, Steven, Lumumba, Newnes.

The great unknown........ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back