Teams SC 2015 - My team (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Gray and Martin should be moving into the forward line to replace Gunston and Higgins, cash can then be used to upgrade Merrett as mentioned above. Probably better options than Towers and Lennon as cheapies (maybe a Hogan and Hugh Goddard) freeing up more cash to top up the midfield when replacing Gray and Martin. Maybe a Griffen and A.Swallow to replace (or even Wells as a much cheaper option with slightly more risk).

What do you guys think of mine? Just rejigged a little to get Ablett in there, but that's a question I'm wrestling with at the moment. Backline I'm not entirely sold on (but who is?!) and have $100 in the bank, so it would be playing with what I have there. Cheers

I like your structure, few questions on players though. Newnes, Cotchin, Griffen, Steven, Wells, Bennell and Swan. Are you hoping these guys become premiums or are you using them as stepping stones? If so the premiums how much do you see each of them averaging?

What do you westcoast coolers think Lycett will av? hes form late last year was pretty good.
Its hard to call, Lycett I was never a big fan of until last year, where he showed he was AFL standard. I went to a lot of WAFL games and watched him closely in his early years on our list, I was not that impressed to be honest. Cox carried the ruck last year for Nutnut (Ha, ha toxic classic) and him so he may burn out in the season so I would wait and see. Risky pick I think.

Its hard to call, Lycett I was never a big fan of until last year, where he showed he was AFL standard. I went to a lot of WAFL games and watched him closely in his early years on our list, I was not that impressed to be honest. Cox carried the ruck last year for Nutnut (Ha, ha toxic classic) and him so he may burn out in the season so I would wait and see. Risky pick I think.
What role will scooter be playing this year tagging? or tagging on/off little bit interested in him.

What role will scooter be playing this year tagging? or tagging on/off little bit interested in him.
Simmo said recently that he will be tagging when it's required as he's the best at the club at it. Puts me off a little, but he's usually the kind of tagger that tries to damage his opponent going the other way.

Much less happy with this.
View attachment 119640
Premo forward and Newton to Rich, which I like. If Ryder escapes a ban, Bartel for Ryder? FOr DDP with Cox

My problem with this team would be how much cash you have tied up with players who I think are 'risky'...

Malceski, Newnes, Beames, Griffen are all seasoned players who are either at new teams or have new roles or potentially both.

Swallow, Rich, Mumford, Clark are also seasoned and are either high risk high reward, or unsure of risk/reward.

Not saying they are necessarily bad, I personally have Newnes and Clark in my own side...but plenty of if's and but's in there...

Especially when they make comments like ditching Sheed.!!! :mad:

In all seriousness Toxic, I'm very bullish on Sheed, and amongst the usual carnage of the season I think if I have Swallow as M8 I will be doing well. I realise he is not top ten, but if he gets back he will be a great M8 or make it easy to upgrade him. Thanks, but I'm keeping Sheed.
Upgrade?
View attachment 119660

Actually, I quite like this :confused::eek:

I actually like this alot, only thing I'd say is Mason Cox is a bad R3 because of all of Collingwoods Friday night games so Riley O'Brien at Adelaide is probably a better option for loophole and Malceski is the other one, he's definately a top 6 defender but at that price you could get another top 6 defender and save yourself a little bit of money for forward upgrades later on

I really hope that Scooter plays the role he has shown he can do best and that's as a tagger that he can also get his own ball. Unfortunately this may not happen as he patches up too many areas in our midfield that we truly lack talent in. WCE are 2 years off from this talent showing itself unfortunately.:(

Without knowing too much, I don't mind it. How much money have you got left? I'd look at trading out Maynard from your backline and I don't think Freeman will play Round 1 either. Kamdyn Mcintosh is likely to play a chunk of the season for Richmond, he's a backman. Have you got anyone in line for if Bellchambers is suspended? I like the look of the forward line. Will Steele play? And your mids are good too... even though you don't have Ablett! Haha
Thanks mate have taken on board, what do you think. I think Steele will play sooner rather than later, who would I swap him for? Have 100,000 left
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427637246.728077.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427637259.064663.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very similar to my own, so that's a good start, ha ha. I had Swallow at various stages, but I'm not convinced he can score more than 110 avg, which puts him out of that top range of midfielders you need? Personally I don't like the Rich pick either, it's a mid-price aversion thing. They rarely make enough cash or score enough points. Even if they start OK, then you have the dilemma of how long to keep them for. For me a rookie/true premo + cash combo is better than Rich/Swallow. Solid overall though.

Thanks mate have taken on board, what do you think. I think Steele will play sooner rather than later, who would I swap him for? Have 100,000 left
View attachment 119689View attachment 119690

Not too much to agonize over here, looks good.
Got a back up plan if TBC doesn't play?
Also, Wines and Neale could both be great picks, but if they both stagnate this year your mids are pretty much stuffed unless you burn trades on them.

Almost identical to my team; switch Swan for Gray, Griffen for Neale, Simspon for Kelly, Fyfe for Dangerfield, Bellchabers for Minson..
If Bellchambers cops a suspension it changes your whole structure though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nice team
neale wines and bellchambers are the only peeps you have i wouldnt have considered.
good team.
good luck with the year.

Ok guys, first attempt at a team. Thoughts? I could upgrade swallow into a anyone other than Ablett or Rocky...

View attachment 119709View attachment 119710
Nothing to really tell you wrong.. Guns & Rookies.
Set & Forget ruck although Mummy's always on the edge of missing weeks.
I'd probably leave the midfield as it is you have 4 top premiums. Either stash the money or maybe have a punt on a mid priced D5 or F5

Looks good down FWD and in the ruck, but not sure weather another midfield premium is required? and defence with both Lumamba and Higgins? :confused:

$16,900 remaining.

Any suggestions and tips appreciated!

Attachments

• SCTeam.PNG
    SCTeam.PNG
    108.7 KB · Views: 4
Nothing to really tell you wrong.. Guns & Rookies.
Set & Forget ruck although Mummy's always on the edge of missing weeks.
I'd probably leave the midfield as it is you have 4 top premiums. Either stash the money or maybe have a punt on a mid priced D5 or F5
Would be weary on rookies like Krakouer and Goddard and potentially even Vandenberg and Lambert not being named, have a back up plan. Also not a fan of Smith as a premium defender, thought he had some value at the start of pre-season but hasn't done much to suggest that he is a value pick during the pre-seaosn.

Im not seeing any love for Yarran in any of these sides? Surprised by that with the lack of quality defender picks this year

Would be weary on rookies like Krakouer and Goddard and potentially even Vandenberg and Lambert not being named, have a back up plan. Also not a fan of Smith as a premium defender, thought he had some value at the start of pre-season but hasn't done much to suggest that he is a value pick during the pre-seaosn.
Yeah I'm very 50/50 on Smith. I have either Him, Simpson or Gibson in that spot. Who would you take?

Im not seeing any love for Yarran in any of these sides? Surprised by that with the lack of quality defender picks this year
Yarran has all the tools to be an absolute gun rebounding defender and last season was one of our better performed players, the problem I see with him is that he gets shut down too easily when targeted by opposing teams. Would love to take the punt on him but reckon it might be a bit risky but that's just my opinion. Is blossoming into a very important player though for our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back