Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 106270
What about this side Going a different strategy and loading up the midfield with rookies where there seem to be a lot more options and filling up the other lines with mostly premo players.

Thoughts ?

Think you will be too far off the pace early.
good strategy if going for a league win.

Because of the lack of premiums down back, the difference in scoring between your selections and midpriced options will only be 20 odd points but you could potentially miss out on 60-80 points per rookie that should be a premium.

With only one player averaging over 100 in defence and no real contenders to hit the 100avg, money is better off being spent to ensure you have the best midfielders available.

Finally decided to have my first real crack at a team for the year. Held off for a while, but here it is.
tvBNKAG.png

Definitely not 100% happy at the moment for a few different reasons....

- I really wanted to fit Boak into this team, I feel he is going to win the Charlie, however I already had 4 starting Port players.
- I really wanted to fit Griffen into the team.
- Not sold on Swan this year.
- I do not have either of Goddard or Deledio yet, however I cannot see it staying that way.
- Really wanted to get Nic Nat in here.

I have gone the cheap option in the rucks, taking the risk, but this is why I have Paddy sitting in the forward line ready to swing in if s**t hits the fan early. So really it is not that big of a risk to be honest.

Westhoff will be a massive POD for me looking at other teams posted here. He is going to benefit so much from Paddy joining us that he is going to sky rocket. I will not over sell him though because I really like the POD status I will have from him. So yea... he is s**t, stay away.

Ollie Wines is going to go ape s**t this year and he was the first selected for me, even before Ablett and Pendles.

I have made the mistake of not starting with Pendles for the last 3 years trying to save money and only selecting Ablett. It has then always bit me on the ass with something going wrong and I haven't been able to trade him in till after the byes and that is far too late. This year that won't be happening again, I am taking both from the start no matter what.
Wasting money in the back line. I'd ditch whitecross and upgrade Henderson or Highins. None of those players will be keepers at the end of the year and not likely to make you much money either so you're burning trades already.
It's fine to have PODs but westoff highest ave was 98 a few years ago, over his career it's around 75-80.
Very risky Rucks, both coming off long injuries.

3*, Krak is just a place holder now for the rookies. He won't be starting for Port at all.

Why do you think it is a bad idea having 3 players from the team that is predicted to finish in the top 2? If it was Hawks or Geelong you wouldn't bat an eyelid. I can understand if it is 2012, but it aint buddy. Also it is more than likely one of them become Goddard or Deledio.
Byes, if Port have an off week then it will heavily effect your team, if they don't back up there good year last year then it backfires heavily. And also, Goddard/Deledio over Ryder is a better option at the same price, while there are many better options than the Hoff

View attachment 106278
What are your thoughts guys?
Also Hodge or Shaw
I think you need more star power in the mids unsure on Mitchell hes been a gun but unsure on what he will av and might get rested.And 2 200k players prob better on adding another gun.As OZ said drop a backine player and reboot your mids.

Could you tell me what rookie i should downgrade to and do you think T Mitchell will get a starting 22 spot?
No-one knows what rookies to pick there just place holders till the rooks show form in the Nab cup and then hopfully picked round one.Unsure on Mitchell but if picked he should score alright.

I think you should take your Port hat off when picking a team. 4 Port forwards is too many.
If there's one thing I learned from last year it's don't argue with SureBuddy when it comes to port players. He loves them all!

Screenshot (1).png
What do you think? Ive got Lamb in there because i think he's a gun, not because im expecting him to play. So he will probably change as well as a few others after NAB.
270k to play with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 106305
What do you think? Ive got Lamb in there because i think he's a gun, not because im expecting him to play. So he will probably change as well as a few others after NAB.
270k to play with
Fasolo, Ibbotson, Pearce, Griffen, Rich and Acres all a bit meh picks. Either they don't justify their price, you can better players for less cash, or they don't have much room for improvement.

upload_2015-2-1_15-58-27.png
Ok so 1st attempt with next to no research. Rookies/bargains like N. Brown are obviously placeholders and mean nothing right now. I've gone with Fyfe over Pendles because I think he'll become the 2nd best player behind Ablett. Tom Mitchell is ready to explode I think, and Hurn will get back to being a top 5 defender. Liberatore I think is going to continue being a premium and is a bit underpriced.

View attachment 106315
Ok so 1st attempt with next to no research. Rookies/bargains like N. Brown are obviously placeholders and mean nothing right now. I've gone with Fyfe over Pendles because I think he'll become the 2nd best player behind Ablett. Tom Mitchell is ready to explode I think, and Hurn will get back to being a top 5 defender. Liberatore I think is going to continue being a premium and is a bit underpriced.
Good balanced team unsure on Woodward getting many games hes a pure mid so wont be picked to play other roles at the hawks i know you wont like this but you could make libba pendles just my thoughts.BTW love the sloane pick.

Good balanced team unsure on Woodward getting many games hes a pure mid so wont be picked to play other roles at the hawks i know you wont like this but you could make libba pendles just my thoughts.BTW love the sloane pick.
Not sure on Woodward, but he comes under the "rookies that are placeholders".

Libba isn't locked in, he was the one that jumped out to me, obviously because I'm biased :p He will probably change, but not sure to Pendlebury. I want to keep some cash in the bank this year because I always lose out the start due to wanting to make some trades, but not having the cash to facilitate them.

As for Sloane, he won me a couple of games last year and he was my 2nd picked after Ablett. He'll get overlooked again and destroy the competition though, and we'll be riding that gravy train all the way to the station.

Anyway that's my justification :p

Fasolo, Ibbotson, Pearce, Griffen, Rich and Acres all a bit meh picks. Either they don't justify their price, you can better players for less cash, or they don't have much room for improvement.

I think Griffen, Rich and Acres will all show massive improvement this season. The defense is a bit of a shambles though.
Cheers

Looks more like a draft style team to me.
My advice is add more super premos and rookies to your team.
Thinking was to get some good scores out of SS and Rich (more than JSel+rookie) then upgrade them to super premos (Gaz/Rocky) once I cashed the rookies in. Walters being the other that I thought I could get some good scores + cash from before getting in super premo. Only 2nd season playing SC and last year but I go caught with too many rookies and low scores early on, trying to avoid this but I'd say it's a fine line and ultimately who..Walker screwed me a fair bit last year. Plenty of mistakes, learning and tweaking to go:), cheers.

Thinking was to get some good scores out of SS and Rich (more than JSel+rookie) then upgrade them to super premos (Gaz/Rocky) once I cashed the rookies in. Walters being the other that I thought I could get some good scores + cash from before getting in super premo. Only 2nd season playing SC and last year but I go caught with too many rookies and low scores early on, trying to avoid this but I'd say it's a fine line and ultimately who..Walker screwed me a fair bit last year. Plenty of mistakes, learning and tweaking to go:), cheers.
With 30 trades not be scared of trading a dud rookie for a bolter.

I think Griffen, Rich and Acres will all show massive improvement this season. The defense is a bit of a shambles though.
Cheers
Rich is coming off the back of a major injury. The track record of these midfield mid-pricers having awesome seasons after long layoffs with injury is not good, Dale Thomas last season wasn't worth it and unlike Rich, he has put in a season of premium scoring. If he were $100k less then it would be well worth it but at his price, he would have to average much higher than his best season so far in his career to be worth the coin and coming off a year off, what are the odds of that happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back