2015 General Discussion/Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to work out which teams have a favourable draw for us SC'ers, with more games later in each round - for Capt loophole purposes primarily.

Worked on a 0-1-3 system, splitting each rd (except rd 23) into 3rds and allocating 0pts for 1st 3 games, 1pt for middle 3 games and 3pts for final 3 games of each round (didn't always work this way, 2 rounds I had to amend it a little, but worked ok).

I liked the 0-1-3 system as it gives some weight to games in middle of round, but effectively best points for final 3 games, FWIW.

Results;

BLions (18) - 42
Freo (17) - 41
St.K (14) - 38
Melb (12) - 34
WBull (15) - 33
WCE (17) - 33
Port (15) - 29
Ess (13) - 27
Geel (12) - 26
Nth (16) - 26
Ade (12) - 24
GWS (14) - 24
Haw (13) - 23
Syd (13) - 21
GCS (14) - 20
Coll (9) - 19
Rich (8) - 16
Carl (8) - 12

* Numbers in brackets are number of scores.

Puts the Cox as R3 into some doubt IMO as he wont give many opportunities for loophole (Pies have 7x Fri night games), although R/F DPP can be handy.

BLions have their lowest cost Ruck as ASmith, but he's priced at 123k with no DPP. Similar with Moller (Freo), Pierce & Holmes (St.K) and King (Melb) being priced at 123k + no DPP.

WBull & WCE both don't have a Ruck lower than 200k.

Other options could be;

Brooksby (GCS) - 102k, no DPP but Suns have 14 games in last 2/3rds of each rd
Lucey (Geel) - 102k, no DPP
Read (Geel) - 109k, R/F DPP
Preuss (Nth) - 108k, no DPP but Kangas have 16 games in last 2/3rds of each rd

'Out There' Capt Loophole thought - Are Payne (St.K, 102k, M/F DPP) or Adamson (WCE, 102k, M/D DPP) M11 options? (Taking away 1x cash generation position though)

Thoughts? o_O
Beautiful work mate. Outdoing last years effort with the points system :thumbsu:

Post is so good I have no thoughts to add. Summed it up brilliantly.

The sample is small, and the scores are AFL Fantasy, but in 2014 CD lists Rockliff as avg 134.8, 136 with a tag. Beams avg 107.8, 76 with a tag.
Stats can lie fwiw.
but rocky is no doubt a gun.just think he's overpriced
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hanley getting the #1 tag at times this year, depending what possie he plays. Beams just seems like the type of player that will work through a tag like Pendles/Selwood

Just to follow up; Looking at FanFooty I can only see that he was tagged 3 times last year. The rest he was head to head with...

R12 v Melb - Tagged by Cross - 19 possesions, 2 goals - 106 SC
R15 v Carl - Tagged by Curnow - (reported for tummy tap on Curnow) - 21 possesions, 1.3 - 108 SC
R19 v Port - Tagged by Cornes - 32 disposals - 141 SC

Just to follow up; Looking at FanFooty I can only see that he was tagged 3 times last year. The rest he was head to head with...

R15 v Carl - Tagged by Curnow - (reported for tummy tap on Curnow) - 21 possesions, 1.3 - 108 SC

Rocky or beams tagged?

I am using the CD stats in the prospectus, I've not used FF for ages tbh, FWIW and thus the comment re sample size that claim he was only tagged once for the 76

Thoughts on Taylor Adams as a forward? DPP, 378k and will look at more midfield time with Ball and Beams out.

Bit of a risk considering the plethora of great forward DPP options.

I would say no.

Thoughts on Taylor Adams as a forward? DPP, 378k and will look at more midfield time with Ball and Beams out.
As MightyMark said hard to justify his selection as we are absolutely spoilt for choice this year with forwards.

I expect Adams to get more minutes on ball this year. He butchers it a bit but wins a lot of contested ball. Can certainly see him increasing his average and would be a ballsy POD. Definitely one to watch during NAB.

Last edited:
Awkward price. Needs to polish his skill before becoming SC relevant. Good player though that will step up in that hardball/tackle L.Ball role

Not sure where the best place to ask this, but here is as good as any. Anyone else have problem with the 2015 team picker bar disappearing from the SC page? I can only assume my subscription ran out. Anyone had the same problem and found a way to get access to your team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where the best place to ask this, but here is as good as any. Anyone else have problem with the 2015 team picker bar disappearing from the SC page? I can only assume my subscription ran out. Anyone had the same problem and found a way to get access to your team?
Maybe it's not working properly as they are changing to the new supercoach.

I too am having the same issue. Had a look at my subs and my Gold ran out on the 18th Jan not sure if thats what has caused it. Theres nowhere where i can renew it either apart from the digital membership packages right now, and im not paying $3 a week for it, nevermind $6 a week when that converts after 12 rounds.

I too am having the same issue. Had a look at my subs and my Gold ran out on the 18th Jan not sure if thats what has caused it. Theres nowhere where i can renew it either apart from the digital membership packages right now, and im not paying $3 a week for it, nevermind $6 a week when that converts after 12 rounds.
Isn't it $3 for the whole 12 weeks? and then $6 a month. That's how i read it anyway. As in .25c a week for the first 12 weeks and then $6 a week.

$3 for first 12 weeks, then $6 per week.

Tell me this isn't the only option? If they don't have the $20 flat fee again this year - Gold is getting dumped. All info is available elsewhere if you know where to look anyway.

25 weeks access will now cost $81 if my maths are correct (they never are). Thats a massive jump if this is the only option available. Not cool, if so.

Quite confusing small print though....

"*At the end of the initial 12 weeks, memberships will automatically renew to the higher price to be billed 4 weekly as per the following - Digital Membership $6 per week, $24 billed 4 weekly. Renewals occur unless cancelled. Payment in advance by credit/debit card or Paypal only. Full offer terms and conditions apply - see Herald Sun website for full details. **Maximum cost for a 6 month subscription is $29.70. Subscription is automatically renewed on the same day each month, unless cancelled prior. Final billing date August 31. ***Expires January 19, 2015. Includes early exclusive access to the 2015 AFL player list & prices and 2015 Team Planner (Mid Dec, 2014)."

Last edited:
Isn't it $3 for the whole 12 weeks? and then $6 a month. That's how i read it anyway. As in .25c a week for the first 12 weeks and then $6 a week.
Nope this is whats printed
Digital Membership
$3
FOR THE FIRST
12 weeks
then $6 a week.*
I have got gold for $20 the last few years and theres no way in hell i will pay more for this service. I dont want or need their additional bullshit options. Like Huddler said, BE's and relevant info can be found on other fansites.

I can only assume there will be more options such as just SC Gold like there has been in the past once it gets closer to Round 1. They are probably hoping people will just click the only option there right now and get them for more money.

Last edited:
Nope this is whats printed
Digital Membership
$3
FOR THE FIRST
12 weeks
then $6 a week.*
I have got gold for $20 the last few years and theres no way in hell i will pay more for this service. I dont want or need their additional bullshit options. Like Huddler said, BE's and relevant info can be found on other fansites.
Yeah I knew it said that. But I took that as a once off $3 payment that then turned into $6 a week

Now that you mention it, i have no.idea if its $3 for the whole 12 weeks or per week.
I would of thought they would say $3 per week if it was per week but who knows with the herald sun. But i'm in the same boat as you, hoping they will still have the $20 once off payment. I don't need or want a subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back