2015 General Discussion/Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players involved will all have retired by the time the case goes through the courts 86 times :rolleyes:

We will have a verdict before the season starts (maybe not before the NAB challenge) this time. Bookmark it. Even if they do appeal the bans would still stay in the meantime I would think.

Backs: Simpson, Smith, Birchall, Waters, Goddard, Rainbow, Nic Newman, vickers Willis

Mids: Ablett, Selwood, Fyfe, Goddard, Swan, Boekhurst, Laverde, Freeman, Lambert, Krakeour, Vandanberg

Rucks: Maric, Lueberger, Lucy

Forwards: gray, Harvey, Deledio, Franklin, Clark, Hogan, Daniel, Lamb

186k left. Not real happy with this team at the moment. Happy with forward line, defence isn't great.

Anybody got a breakdown of the scoring system this season?
Cannot find it anywhere on the site although it is probably right before my eyes and I just cannot see it.

Navigation on the new site is great but I FN hate the new field graphics. Hate it. Hate it.

Weekly prize pool now includes top 5 and they're doubled if you're a HUN plus subscriber WOOT!

$6k for weekly top score is bloody sweet!!!!

Cannot find it anywhere on the site although it is probably right before my eyes and I just cannot see it.

Stat Description Points Awarded/Deducted
Effective kick 4 Points
Ineffective kick 0 Points
Clanger kick -4 Points
Effective Handball 1.5 Points
Ineffective handball 0 Points
Handball clanger -4 Points
Handball receive 1.5 Point
Hardball get 4.5 Points
Loose-ball get 4.5 Points
Goal 8 Points
Behind 1 Point
Mark uncontested (maintaining possession) 2 Points
Mark contested (maintaining possession) 6 Points
Mark uncontested (from opposition) 4 Points
Mark contested (from opposition) 8 Points
Tackles 4 Points
Free kick for 4 Points
Free kick against -4 Points
Hitout to Advantage 5 Points
Gather from Hitout 2 Points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the HS:
There are some big changes in SuperCoach this year that make the game more exciting than ever, but they could also cause a few headaches ... I’ve got one now just thinking about it.

The “captaincy loophole” might be dead, which I like — I wasn’t happy with double dipping, no second chances I reckon
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e-pm-tony-abbott/story-fni5f3gz-1227201224892

From the SC "Team Editing & Trades" rules page:
You can change your captain and vice captain as often as you like, prior to the start of the round and during a round and Rolling Lockout, up until the time that your currently selected captain's (or vice captain's) match has started. At this point, your selection is locked in for the round and cannot be changed.
Not sure that reads any different from last year, but if true, good riddance.

Last edited:
Good point, I was more leaning towards the Not GOLD subscribers bit, paying 20 bucks and not being part of the larger prize pool. I'd be pretty upset if I got the top score one week and only had a gold subscription so no extra free money. I'd love all the free money. The freer the better. Pls HS give me free money.
SC Gold subscriptions go to VirtualSports I believe, whereas all prize money comes from News.

Backs: Simpson, Smith, Birchall, Waters, Goddard, Rainbow, Nic Newman, vickers Willis

Mids: Ablett, Selwood, Fyfe, Goddard, Swan, Boekhurst, Laverde, Freeman, Lambert, Krakeour, Vandanberg

Rucks: Maric, Lueberger, Lucy

Forwards: gray, Harvey, Deledio, Franklin, Clark, Hogan, Daniel, Lamb

186k left. Not real happy with this team at the moment. Happy with forward line, defence isn't great.
Simpson, I believe, has some kind of injury and will miss a fair chunk of the preseason. Gingy? TheOz?

Birchall too old and a different role now. Who is Lucy?

Take Clarke out (speculative at best) and put Swan up forward and buy another mid cash cow, like Heeney (first team I've seen without him, would have gone top ten)

Is Harvey too old? I know that comes up every year but Goddard a better option perhaps? Injury affected game in that average, scored 11 or something. I'd take Dusty over Dids.

Same place it's always been??

Click ? in the top right and select point scoring.

What's with that quote from Crawford? The captaincy loophole "might be dead"? Either it is, or it isn't.

You can change your captain and vice captain as often as you like, prior to the start of the round and during a round and Rolling Lockout, up until the time that your currently selected captain's (or vice captain's) match has started. At this point, your selection is locked in for the round and cannot be changed.

How I read it:

You can change your captain as often as you like, prior to the start of the round and during a round and Rolling Lockout, up until the time that your currently selected captain's match has started. At this point, your captain selection is locked in for the round and cannot be changed.

Likewise, you can change your vice captain as often as you like, prior to the start of the round and during a round and Rolling Lockout, up until the time that your currently selected vice captain's match has started. At this point, your vice captain selection is locked in for the round and cannot be changed.

... which would make it no different to the past two years.

Anyone?

What's with that quote from Crawford? The captaincy loophole "might be dead"? Either it is, or it isn't.

How I read it:

... which would make it no different to the past two years.

Anyone?

Probably more to do with removal of R4? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back