2015 General Discussion/Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And anyone who took Supercoach seriously enough to watch a show about it probably new better than to take advice from those guys anyway.
Ditto for Jock Reynolds and Paige, yet they still seem as popular as ever. Forget the latter, mentioning the name is blasphemy in itself but I think most people would suggest that Jock's advice is ordinary but the comical relief is fantastic and makes it worth listening to.

Don't mind Paige, she posts quarter by quarter scores which I use. That's about all their site is good for, though.

Don't mind Paige, she posts quarter by quarter scores which I use. That's about all their site is good for, though.
I just got live scores from the app i was using last year, so i didn't have to look at anything to do with that site that shall not be named

Ditto for Jock Reynolds and Paige, yet they still seem as popular as ever. Forget the latter, mentioning the name is blasphemy in itself but I think most people would suggest that Jock's advice is ordinary but the comical relief is fantastic and makes it worth listening to.

I'd take jock over Paige, and at least the main contributors to his site back it up every year

How's everyone looking at Essendon players with this NAB challenge, Asada fiasco. I can't get myself to decide if I should boot them out of my team or not

I am phasing them out. Not going to pick any if their season is shot before it starts. (Maybe a rookie like Laverde etc might get a look in). Traded Goddard out today. He may play but will have a skeleton crew around him for a while imo.

I am phasing them out. Not going to pick any if their season is shot before it starts. (Maybe a rookie like Laverde etc might get a look in). Traded Goddard out today. He may play but will have a skeleton crew around him for a while imo.

Yes mate, that is my thinking at this stage. The Bomber rookies could be gold this year.

Yes mate, that is my thinking at this stage. The Bomber rookies could be gold this year.

The Essendon Super coach situation is, like the whole saga itself, getting more complex.

Now that the AFL have allowed top up players to be used for the NAB Challenge (and/or in the event of a mass suspension) it does cast a little doubt over whether their existing rookies will make their debuts.

Five players have been confirmed as top ups, a couple of them are very interesting ones :

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-17/dons-confirm-five-topups
Mitch Brown (formerly of Geelong), Jared Petrenko (Adelaide), Clint Jones (St Kilda) and James Magner and Mitch Clisby (Melbourne)

Further reading here:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-16/league-sets-topup-rules
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-16/afl-statement-on-essendon-list-concessions

The condition of the top up players is that they have to have played in the AFL in the last two seasons. However, there are a couple of unanswered questions, such as:

What will happen if the provisional suspensions are still carried after Round 1 and beyond?

Will the top up players used in the NAB still be eligible for Round 1, and if so what are their SC prices?

I agree with Great 2008, I'm avoiding Essendon (2012) players for the time being. However, if by some twist of fate a player like James Magner is rookie priced and lining up in the red and black in Round 1 then there is no measure to how fast I will jump all over him and bring him into my team.

The Essendon Super coach situation is, like the whole saga itself, getting more complex.

Now that the AFL have allowed top up players to be used for the NAB Challenge (and/or in the event of a mass suspension) it does cast a little doubt over whether their existing rookies will make their debuts.

Five players have been confirmed as top ups, a couple of them are very interesting ones :

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-17/dons-confirm-five-topups
Mitch Brown (formerly of Geelong), Jared Petrenko (Adelaide), Clint Jones (St Kilda) and James Magner and Mitch Clisby (Melbourne)

Further reading here:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-16/league-sets-topup-rules
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-16/afl-statement-on-essendon-list-concessions

The condition of the top up players is that they have to have played in the AFL in the last two seasons. However, there are a couple of unanswered questions, such as:

What will happen if the provisional suspensions are still carried after Round 1 and beyond?

Will the top up players used in the NAB still be eligible for Round 1, and if so what are their SC prices?

I agree with Great 2008, I'm avoiding Essendon (2012) players for the time being. However, if by some twist of fate a player like James Magner is rookie priced and lining up in the red and black in Round 1 then there is no measure to how fast I will jump all over him and bring him into my team.

Yeah there is a fair amount of confusion regarding the rest of the season. Who knows when the suspensions can hit.

I'd imagine that Essendon would be keen on playing as many of their own young players to gain some experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really not that complex. The tribunal wrapt up today and now we have to wait for the three judges to come to a decision if innocent or guilty.

Best guess is a decision should be made in about a month, so simply wait until then and we will be in a much better position to decide what to decide SC wise.

It's really not that complex. The tribunal wrapt up today and now we have to wait for the three judges to come to a decision if innocent or guilty.

Best guess is a decision should be made in about a month, so simply wait until then and we will be in a much better position to decide what to decide SC wise.
Pretty much. I'd be staggered if the let it roll past the start of the season. We'll know at least a week or so beforehand imo

Pretty much. I'd be staggered if the let it roll past the start of the season. We'll know at least a week or so beforehand imo
Don't hold your breathe.
It's like a never ending diarrhea. Just when you think your done & get off the bowl....splash! It continues on again.

Don't hold your breathe.
It's like a never ending diaharea. Just when you think your done & get off the bowl....splash! It continues on again.

It might not mean the end of it, but I reckon the Tribunal will be under the pump to get something done before the season, in case contingencies need to be enacted. Can't start the season with half the club under this provisional suspension.

It might not mean the end of it, but I reckon the Tribunal will be under the pump to get something done before the season, in case contingencies need to be enacted. Can't start the season with half the club under this provisional suspension.
I agree Pedro. I was being facetious. Over it.

If players get 6 month backdated bans, it shouldn't affect the home and away season anyway...

If players get 6 month backdated bans, it shouldn't affect the home and away season anyway...

I hope it all gets sorted, but if im being honest the back dated bans are a cop out. I dont blame the Essendon players, but if they are found guilty offering them backdated bans means nothing, the only thing they will have missed is the NAB cup, and I doubt they really care that much about it.

I know the AFL would want this to happen so it doesn't affect the season, but everyone will be watching ASADA to see whether or not they stand there ground. If they do, then the season will be over for Essendon before it even begins.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and whether ASADA decide to go after them full throttle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back