Teams SC 2015: Team Structure

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Delany's chances to get a few games. Geelong will be testing a lot of the young backs this year, because we will start loosing our backline at the end of this year.

Mackie, Lonergan, Enright, Kelly all over 30, and Taylor will be 29. Next 3 years will see a big shift in our backline, so testing out the kids we have available to fill those roles will have to start now.
Rivers aswell would be the bloke he would need to replace.

Only starting with 10 premo's? That's 12 upgrades & a lot of trades...
11, although I can see Luey and Ibbotson ending up top 5 and top 10.

The only way to get more Premos is to reduce money spent on the Premos I already have. All my Premos will end up top 5 in their respective positions. Figured it's better having them the whole session this time instead of spending the year trying to make cash to trade them in half way through the season.

Different tactic, see how I go.

Rivers aswell would be the bloke he would need to replace.

Yeah forgot about him, and Bartel who drops back a fair bit will be gone soon too.

Stanley or Blicavs will be thrown down back to be tested as KPF's to replace Lonergan and/or Taylor.

Lang, Bews, Guthrie, will be tested to take on Enright and Mackies running roles.

Thurlow, Deleany, Kolodjashnij, or maybe even Padraig will be in line to replace Rivers and the third man up role.

Just my opinion but a lot of changes will need to be made in the next few years, and very few of our next generation backline options are set yet.

11, although I can see Luey and Ibbotson ending up top 5 and top 10.

The only way to get more Premos is to reduce money spent on the Premos I already have. All my Premos will end up top 5 in their respective positions. Figured it's better having them the whole session this time instead of spending the year trying to make cash to trade them in half way through the season.

Different tactic, see how I go.

Thats a big call, if we've learnt anything its that the top 10 in any position is a fickle thing, let alone the top 5.

Thats a big call, if we've learnt anything its that the top 10 in any position is a fickle thing, let alone the top 5.
Don't think anyone can call who will finish top 5 in their respective positions at all considering how they fluctuate with much variation from year to year.

Don't think anyone can call who will finish top 5 in their respective positions at all considering how they fluctuate with much variation from year to year.

I think the forward line would probably be the easiest this year. Maybe not top 5, but top 10 I think I could have a good go at.

Still would never be 100% confident, but more so than trying to pick the tops of any other position.

Backs are all over the place, and the rucks and mids change every year.

I think the forward line would probably be the easiest this year. Maybe not top 5, but top 10 I think I could have a good go at.

Still would never be 100% confident, but more so than trying to pick the tops of any other position.

I'm not that sure of the forwards, we could have Mitchell/Wingard both bolt up in the rankings or they could flop, we could have Christensen/Bennel/Motlop easily finish top 10 or not progress, Roughead could improve again or not, can Harvey at his age still maintain his form? Bontempelli? Westhoff potentially could be freed up by Ryder and we saw how much he can score playing a more free role. Nick Riewoldt, too old and with his knee or does he have another season? Dalhaus could be a bolter given more time in the midfield. Franklin, Martin, Swan should all be up there with Deledio and Goddard but outside of them the bottom pile of the top 10 could be out of a fair few players. Top 5 is a bit easier in the forwards no doubt but not a sure thing by any means.

I'm not that sure of the forwards, we could have Mitchell/Wingard both bolt up in the rankings or they could flop, we could have Christensen/Bennel/Motlop easily finish top 10 or not progress, Roughead could improve again or not, can Harvey at his age still maintain his form? Bontempelli? Westhoff potentially could be freed up by Ryder and we saw how much he can score playing a more free role. Dalhaus could be a bolter given more time in the midfield. Franklin, Martin, Swan should all be up there with Deledio and Goddard but outside of them the bottom pile of the top 10 could be out of a fair few players.

Yeah agreed, like I said I think it's the easiest to pick but by all means doesn't mean i'm confident to enough to put any wager on.

Gun to my head (in no particular order):

Deledio
Goddard
Martin
Swan
Mitchell
Franklin
Bartel
Wingard
Harvey
Zorko/Bennell (depending if we are looking at average or total score)

But as with any year there will be someone, probably a couple that come from no where. Who would have picked Gray last year to be top 10, let alone number 1.

A couple of others that could step up are D. Smith, J. Ziebell, Rioli (if fit), even Dale Thomas could find his feet again.

Heater, Simpson, Eski all safe bets to average 90+ Burgoyne, Hodge & Hibberd probably as well.

Heater, Simpson, Eski all safe bets to average 90+ Burgoyne, Hodge & Hibberd probably as well.
Also reckon that Birchall, Hurn and Newnes will go 90+ this season. Really depends on total points in which I can see Shaw potentially missing out top 5 as he tends to miss games.

Also reckon that Birchall, Hurn and Newnes will go 90+ this season. Really depends on total points in which I can see Shaw potentially missing out top 5 as he tends to miss games.

Yep, those 3 as well for sure. Not sure what people are going on about with the Defs. It's just different this year without at midfielders. Just expect that the top 6 Defs will average between 93-100 this year. We're all looking for the best value for money in Def though. I'm sure 1 or 2 of the mid pricers will go 90+ as well. Just have to pick the right ones.

Correct, but any of them could also drop out, plus who fills out the top 10.

You mentioned earlier that your only running with 3 top backs, so even with your confidence of those 6, your still not risking it all.

Obviously, there is a costing matter, but if we new who was going to be top 5, or top 10 in any position, I for one would be trying to stack them and take risks elsewhere.

There are so many backs around the same area, that should all produce 90-95, but a couple at least have to top the ton.

Yep, those 3 as well for sure. Not sure what people are going on about with the Defs. It's just different this year without at midfielders. Just expect that the top 6 Defs will average between 93-100 this year. We're all looking for the best value for money in Def though. I'm sure 1 or 2 of the mid pricers will go 90+ as well. Just have to pick the right ones.
Yep there are a couple of mid price defenders who have the potential to go 90+, couple who are slightly less obvious who i think could give it a bit of a shake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct, but any of them could also drop out, plus who fills out the top 10.

You mentioned earlier that your only running with 3 top backs, so even with your confidence of those 6, your still not risking it all.

Obviously, there is a costing matter, but if we new who was going to be top 5, or top 10 in any position, I for one would be trying to stack them and take risks elsewhere.

There are so many backs around the same area, that should all produce 90-95, but a couple at least have to top the ton.

Newnes is my D4 who is a mid-pricer (albeit an expensive one) that I expect to push 90+ this year. Waters my D5 who is capable of 90+ based on previous years & a rookie at D6.

Not risking it all for Rd1, just trying to be sensible because there is a salary cap & I want 5 forward premo's who should all average more than the highest averaging defender. Besides, who the hell would start Rd1 with 5-6 Def premo's?

Last edited:
Newnes is my D4 who is a mid-pricer (albeit an expensive one) that I expect to push 90+ this year. Waters my D5 who is capable of 90+ based on previous years & a rookie at D6.

Not risking it all for Rd1, just trying to be sensible because there is a salary cap & I want 5 forward premo's who should all average more than the highest averaging defender. Besides, who the hell would start Rd1 with 5-6 Def premo's?

I certainly hope no one, but if you new who would be the top 5 it would be an option, same reason your starting with 5 forward premos. Avoid having to trade later on, and allows you more freedom elsewhere to take some risks.

I actually have the same set up at the moment, with Newnes and Waters, and 5 forward premos (if you consider TMitch a premo)

I certainly hope no one, but if you new who would be the top 5 it would be an option, same reason your starting with 5 forward premos. Avoid having to trade later on, and allows you more freedom elsewhere to take some risks.

I actually have the same set up at the moment, with Newnes and Waters, and 5 forward premos (if you consider TMitch a premo)
Only knock against going 5 premo (or more correctly, less than 4 rookies) in the forwards is that there are heaps of rookie options available in the forwards this year and I'm worried we might be missing out with only three of them. The backs is a totally different story.

Hibberd will avg 90 comfortably imo

Yeah agreed, like I said I think it's the easiest to pick but by all means doesn't mean i'm confident to enough to put any wager on.

Gun to my head (in no particular order):

Deledio
Goddard
Martin
Swan
Mitchell
Franklin
Bartel
Wingard
Harvey
Zorko/Bennell (depending if we are looking at average or total score)

But as with any year there will be someone, probably a couple that come from no where. Who would have picked Gray last year to be top 10, let alone number 1.

A couple of others that could step up are D. Smith, J. Ziebell, Rioli (if fit), even Dale Thomas could find his feet again.
Pretty comprehensive list, except you missed the guy who will again be the number 1 ranked forward in the comp

Pretty comprehensive list, except you missed the guy who will again be the number 1 ranked forward in the comp

I think Gray peaked last year, and have a feeling he will go down early this year.

But yes your are correct, I did miss him, lets replace Zorko/Bennell.

I think Gray peaked last year, and have a feeling he will go down early this year.

But yes your are correct, I did miss him, lets replace Zorko/Bennell.
It's a pretty high peak though.
Gray's figured it out now. He'll be a gun for the foreseeable future. His price may go down, so will Ablett's though. Hard to maintain such a high price. He'll have the odd bad game sure, but who doesn't. Still be number 1 forward by years end IMHO.
You hit on all the guns otherwise, good list

It's a pretty high peak though.
Gray's figured it out now. He'll be a gun for the foreseeable future. His price may go down, so will Ablett's though. Hard to maintain such a high price. He'll have the odd bad game sure, but who doesn't. Still be number 1 forward by years end IMHO.
You hit on all the guns otherwise, good list

Yeah true, he has been on the fringe for a while, and his injuries have kept him down.

The original point was that picking the list for forwards wasn't that hard in comparison to the other positions, other than Gray, the fact that people agree sort of proves the point. A lot less contention with regards to players in the forward line.

Everyones team pretty much consists of the same players. Like the Herald Suns attempt to help people pick there team.

Pick 2 of:

Goddard
Franklin
Gray
Bennell
Harvey
Deledio
Martin

Then pick 2 of:

Wingard
Swan
Bonts
TMitch

Then Pick 1 of:

Saad
Clark
Blease
Karnesis
Salem
Membry

Then pick 3 of:

Daniel
Laverde
Goddard
Steele
Lambert
Newman
Markworth
Hogan

Yeah true, he has been on the fringe for a while, and his injuries have kept him down.

The original point was that picking the list for forwards wasn't that hard in comparison to the other positions, other than Gray, the fact that people agree sort of proves the point. A lot less contention with regards to players in the forward line.

Everyones team pretty much consists of the same players. Like the Herald Suns attempt to help people pick there team.

Pick 2 of:

Goddard
Franklin
Gray
Bennell
Harvey
Deledio
Martin

Then pick 2 of:

Wingard
Swan
Bonts
TMitch

Then Pick 1 of:

Saad
Clark
Blease
Karnesis
Salem
Membry

Then pick 3 of:

Daniel
Laverde
Goddard
Steele
Lambert
Newman
Markworth
Hogan
Ah yes, the magic HUN formula. This SC caper is just that easy

Pick 2 of:

Goddard
Franklin
Gray
Bennell
Harvey
Deledio
Martin

Then pick 2 of:

Wingard
Swan
Bonts
TMitch

Then Pick 1 of:

Saad
Clark
Blease
Karnesis
Salem
Membry

Then pick 3 of:

Daniel
Laverde
Goddard
Steele
Lambert
Newman
Markworth
Hogan

Gotta love how they have simply ignored the ruck / forward option altogether

You must remember Toxic, like most mass-media outlets nowadays they are catering to the absolute lowest common denominator. They treat their average reader as a complete halfwit.

If the HUN was softer paper it'd have some value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back