AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
D: 1/4/3
M: 6/3/2
R: 1/1/1
F: 1/2/5
I've toyed around with this idea also, though I went the whole hog and went Swan, Mitchell + 6 Rooks.
In the end, I decided that I didn't think there was value in it.
I think the side I currently have is better across all lines other than the mids without doing it. And my mids are only one premo behind.
I'm intrigued by this startegy, and I hope someone is ballsy enough to go with it. Just don't think it will be me.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
450k+/200k-450k/102k-200k

3/1/4
4/0/7
2/0/1
4/0/4

I've toyed around with this idea also, though I went the whole hog and went Swan, Mitchell + 6 Rooks.
In the end, I decided that I didn't think there was value in it.
I think the side I currently have is better across all lines other than the mids without doing it. And my mids are only one premo behind.
I'm intrigued by this startegy, and I hope someone is ballsy enough to go with it. Just don't think it will be me.
I understand with risk comes reward but ultimately a pure rookie that's getting a few games will make u the same (prob more) coin in the long run than those midpricers. In fact, you would just about need those midpricers to tear out premo seasons to even compare to the money making capacity of a standard playing rookie. If a young lad is named and you don't have them over a midpricer I'd always downgrade to them. It means more money in the bank now & likely more earnings into the future. An upgrade to a genuine premo can then happen sooner. Reduce your risk a little but increase your cash flow & get the reward sooner.

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I understand with risk comes reward but ultimately a pure rookie that's getting a few games will make u the same (prob more) coin in the long run than those midpricers. In fact, you would just about need those midpricers to tear out premo seasons to even compare to the money making capacity of a standard playing rookie. If a young lad is named and you don't have them over a midpricer I'd always downgrade to them. It means more money in the bank now & likely more earnings into the future. An upgrade to a genuine premo can then happen sooner. Reduce your risk a little but increase your cash flow & get the reward sooner.
Not sure if this post was meant for me. I was discussing the virtues of starting with only 1 premo or perhaps 2 underpriced premo forwards, and you replied with a discussion about pros and cons of selecting mid pricers. Am I missing something?
Thankyou for the education though...I think?o_O
I'm was pretty sure I passed SC 101 several years ago. I'll have to check my academic transcript...

DPC3

Draftee
Feb 25, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

b: 4/1/3
m: 4/1/5
r: 2/0/1
f: 3/0/5

I've gone heavy in the backs even though I'm not comfortable with any of them as I think its just too hard to pick mid pricers in defense that will be keepers, and I think we will be lucky to have 3 playing def rookies Rd1

Great 2008

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
2/2/4
6/1/4
1/1/1
3/2/3

Ibbotson, Henderson, Van berlo, Leuy, T.Mitchell and J.Martin the mid tier boys. In theory each of them should go up in price. :cool:

Great 2008

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

b: 4/1/3
m: 4/1/5
r: 2/0/1
f: 3/0/5

I've gone heavy in the backs even though I'm not comfortable with any of them as I think its just too hard to pick mid pricers in defense that will be keepers, and I think we will be lucky to have 3 playing def rookies Rd1

I have my fingers crossed that Whitecross will play and a swag of Bomber youngsters due to suspensions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like your structure.

If you were to breakdown the 5 top-price-bracket MIDs, how many are over 550k and how many are 450-550?

4 are over 600, one is at 530ish.

Not sure if this post was meant for me.

This post was for you and anyone else that was reading.

I was discussing the virtues of starting with only 1 premo or perhaps 2 underpriced premo forwards, and you replied with a discussion about pros and cons of selecting mid pricers. Am I missing something?

I read your post and understand your thoughts of potentially going an aggressive guns/rookies strategy (then not doing it). I noticed his structure didn't exactly follow a pure guns/rookies and had a few midpricers so indicated that it's always better to start with a rookie over a midpricer if you are going down that ultra aggressive G&R's path (IMO of course). Levelling out the risk in an ultra G/R's strategy through the use of those midpricers who should play and may or may not perform above average is the key and I felt he had too many which increased his risk above just selecting rookies instead.

Thankyou for the education though...I think?o_O
I'm was pretty sure I passed SC 101 several years ago. I'll have to check my academic transcript...

*golf claps*

Good for you superstar :thumbsu:

Do you seriously reckon this last bit was required though? Not sure if you were trying to be funny but all I got was massive slop of smug.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Currently:
2/2/4
5/2/5
1/1/1
3/1/4

The only part of my structure i'm really comfortable with is the 5 premium mids. I definitely feel that more than 5 weakens the other lines too much and that less than 5 just looks too weak. The mid priced players in my midfield are under 250K as well and could be exchanged for other rookies as the NAB rolls on.

How did you fit 15 premo's into your team?

yeh good point i got S.Hurn at F5 but i guess he is not a Premo and D.Swan same catergory i suppose :$
probably get a bit excited and ahead of myself.

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
yeh good point i got S.Hurn at F5 but i guess he is not a Premo and D.Swan same catergory i suppose :$
probably get a bit excited and ahead of myself.

Hurn & Swan are both Premo's. :thumbsu:

Post your whole team if you can.

Great 2008

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just mucking around and turned Ablett into Rockliffe and Gray into Franklin. As a result my backline now looks like this::drunk:

Savage ~ Mayes ~ KK
Valstuin ~ Seedsman ~ Ibbotson

Goddard/Saad - $70k in the bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back