SC relevant Bombers definitely not involved in Dank-ing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they get bans of six weeks or greater, I see some good value in defence. Dalgleish at 145k has had a number of 20+ possession games in the VFL and I think he could be a very good D6 and average 70+. Ashby goes alright, but he's more expensive, and Edwards is cheap, though I've never seen Edwards as a great accumulator.

I was talking about the situation whereby the players were found not guilty by the tribunal, and then Asada appeals that decision. Naturally if the tribunal finds them guilty then they can't play.

Ps I added a bit in brackets in my earlier post just to make what I was referring to a bit clearer.

Gotcha.

Fwiw apparently a guilty verdict and 6 month bans backdated (which seems to be best case scenario/the minimum punishment ASADA will accept?) means players will miss rounds 1-6.

Maybe more?

Even if/when the bombers get pumped by 100 points every week... 6 weeks should be enough time for some bottom priced cows to moo.

Might be worth ditching the likes of hogan, karnezis, lang etc in favour of bomber rookies?

Also I don't reckon teams will bother tagging the likes of zakarakis and Goddard... why bother putting hard tags on when you're 20 goals up?

I wouldn't be holding my breath on any of them being found 'not guilty'. Just a matter of how many weeks they miss (or no weeks) due to back dating.

Thanks for the concern, but I have been taking lessons so I sould be ok! Worse case scenario the instructor can give me mouth to mouth :drunk::drunk:

Last edited:
If they get bans of six weeks or greater, I see some good value in defence. Dalgleish at 145k has had a number of 20+ possession games in the VFL and I think he could be a very good D6 and average 70+. Ashby goes alright, but he's more expensive, and Edwards is cheap, though I've never seen Edwards as a great accumulator.

Only averaged 16 possessions per game in the VFL, if he had a number of 20+ possession games then he would have also had a number of very low possession games as well.

He could go one of 2 ways, either he struggles with a lack of quality around him, or he excels at being the only A grade player and relishes the extra duties.

I didn't see the game last night, so im not sure if he played a full game but if he did the stats dont paint the best picture.

frustrated Goddard will come out, no running, lots of pointing, maybe even garner himself a suspension.

Mitch Brown ($189,100 defender)

2014 games: 4 / Average: 50

NAB Challenge scores: 101, 86, 78

Mitch Clisby ($220,500 defender)

2014 games: 0 / Average: —

NAB Challenge scores: 30, 44

Clinton Jones ($297,000 midfielder)

2014 games: 16 / Average: 69

NAB Challenge scores: 80, 61, 98
James Magner ($215,000 midfielder)

NAB Challenge scores: 74, 54

Sam Michael ($123,900 ruck)

NAB Challenge scores: 34

Jared Petrenko ($250,600 forward)

2014 games: 5 / Average: 67

NAB Challenge scores: 33, 29

James Polkinghorne ($127,400 midfielder)

2014 games: 2 / Average: 40

NAB Challenge scores: 61, 42

Jordan Schroder ($153,200 midfielder)

NAB Challenge scores: 26

Josh Freezer ($123,900 defender)

Career games: 0

NAB Challenge scores: 65, 63, 33
Aaron Heppell ($123,900 midfielder)

NAB Challenge scores: 8

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwati ($123,900 forward)

NAB Challenge scores: 35

Marcus Marigliani ($123,900 midfielder)

Career games: 2 (2010)

NAB Challenge scores: 107, 75, 27

Sam Tagliabue ($123,900 ruck)

NAB Challenge scores: 8

Fringe players who may get more opportunities

(NAB Challenge scores)

Martin Gleeson ($292,300 mid) 71, 80, 99

Elliott Kavanagh ($145,100 mid) 71, 33, 99

Orazio Fantasia ($168,400 fwd) 28, 79

James Gwilt ($388,900 def) 109, 69

Shaun Edwards ($123,900 def) 79, 34, 63

Shaun McKernan ($245,300 ruck/fwd) 55, 5, 66

Lauchlan Dalgleish ($145,100 def) 52, 106, 62

Jason Ashby ($220,400 def) 72, 70, 54

Will Hams ($123,900 mid) 38

Jon Giles ($396,600 ruck) 111, 40, 34

Jayden Laverde ($127,300 mid) 32

Kyle Langford ($142,300 fwd) 37, 78, 29

Nick O’Brien ($123,900 mid) 83, 62

Jake Long ($102,400 def) 37

Conor McKenna ($102,400 mid) 30

Relevant options from that list are Brown, Magner, Freezer and Marigliani IMO.

Relevant options from the existing list at Essendon if players are banned would be Dalgleish and possibly Edwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way Tuesday will be guilty/not guilty (I'm assuming you would already know this?). They will have to have another hearing (assuming a guilty verdict) to decide penalties.

I think Zaharakis has some good value, wont cop a tag and his experience will shine and he will accumulate alot more of the ball.

By the way Tuesday will be guilty/not guilty (I'm assuming you would already know this?). They will have to have another hearing (assuming a guilty verdict) to decide penalties.
Herein lies the great problem. You'd be all over Brown and Marigliani if you knew you had them for 10 weeks, but there's no way we will be sure of that come the start of round 1. So if they do get found guilty, do you take the risk or not?

Herein lies the great problem. You'd be all over Brown and Marigliani if you knew you had them for 10 weeks, but there's no way we will be sure of that come the start of round 1. So if they do get found guilty, do you take the risk or not?

I'd be absolutely shocked if they get less than 6 months (which would give them till mid-May) 12 months or more is likely for mine.

I think Zaharakis has some good value, wont cop a tag and his experience will shine and he will accumulate alot more of the ball.

I think so too... Only issue is them getting pounded everyweek won't exactly leave a lot of points to share round.
If I wasn't taking jack Steven I'd have zaka.

I'd be absolutely shocked if they get less than 6 months (which would give them till mid-May) 12 months or more is likely for mine.

Im with you on this, it would be a bit of a joke if they didn't.

Saad got 18 months, gotta at least have some consistency, depends who backs down first I guess. AFL will do everything to minimise, so it all comes down to whether or not ASADA fold under pressure.

wada come's into this as well they were not happy at all with the nrl verdict but not being to such a massive degree as Essendon let it slide that WILL NOT be happening this time my 2c is 12 months and in view of the new penilties adopted as from jan this year 4 ry max and 2 yrs with assistance 12 months is the best they can hope for imho

Saad got 18 months, gotta at least have some consistency, depends who backs down first I guess. AFL will do everything to minimise, so it all comes down to whether or not ASADA fold under pressure.

It's not as simple as a direct apples and apples comparison with a case like Saads unfortunately.
With Saad, they didn't have to worry about the evidence meeting a criteria- he owned up and plead guilty.

With the Bombers case- most of the evidence will be circumstantial, so the possible penalty will be lower.

"The idea of a small penalty was raised in the content of "comfortable satisfaction" - the standard of proof for doping charges. "Comfortable satisfaction", unlike the higher criminal standard of "beyond reasonable doubt" or the lesser civil standard of "balance of probabilities", takes into account the consequences for the individual. A severe penalty raises the level of proof required.

A smaller penalty is also consistent with the view that players were "duped" and did not knowingly take banned substances."

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-floats-possibility-of-small-penalty-if-dons-guilty-but-asada-stays-silent-20150304-13v3fu.html?skin=text-only

If guilty, it will be 6 months backdated which will mean players miss rounds 1-6.

Interestingly- some players could get more or less penalty depending on what they said at ASADA interviews etc.
(Maybe Jobe will regret his little chat on the couch too?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back