Injury Scharenberg knee injury (latest (7th Apr): will be playing again in a few weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps in future drafts we should target players whose immediate requirement is not an operation then rehab, the type of players likely to represent the club at VFL level from round 1 after their recruitment. We only had to wait 3 years for Thomas to play his first game, so Scharenberg and Freeman still have time to showcase proof of the vision behind their selection. Nevertheless, we cannot continue to provide our first round picks with so much idle time in their initial years at the club. A healthy top ten pick ready and able to represent the club from day 1 would be preferable to a player requiring a couple of bones be removed from both his feet.

If he was 100% fit we wouldn't have got him, he'd be gone by pick 3.

Clubs don't draft for output from day 1. A bit short sighted

I have had a full knee reconstruction

It's a terrible feeling when it happens and the first two weeks after surgery are tough a lot of pain and sleepless nights

After the first month you will start to have the pain fade away and start to walk with more ease

After 3 months you start to feel pretty good but confidence still low

6 months you almost feel normal again I actually started playing cricket after 6 months very risky and stupid but I got through

Knee recos are not as bad as they were 10 years ago you will not lose speed and if you do the rehab well on BOTH legs (This is where some people make mistakes) you will be fine and ready to go in about 10/11 months

I have had a full knee reconstruction

It's a terrible feeling when it happens and the first two weeks after surgery are tough a lot of pain and sleepless nights

After the first month you will start to have the pain fade away and start to walk with more ease

After 3 months you start to feel pretty good but confidence still low

6 months you almost feel normal again I actually started playing cricket after 6 months very risky and stupid but I got through

Knee recos are not as bad as they were 10 years ago you will not lose speed and if you do the rehab well on BOTH legs (This is where some people make mistakes) you will be fine and ready to go in about 10/11 months
What did the docs say the chance of you doing again??

What did the docs say the chance of you doing again??

I couldn't tell you to be honest what I will tell you is I was lazy when it came to my rehab I was 17 when I did it and only did about 6 months rehab

I might have issue when I get older I'm 26 so I'm talking late 40's but atm it's fine

I feel the key is not trying to do everything with the other leg as it puts pressure on it and that's why you see a lot of people do the good knee and have a 2nd reco but let's face it a lot is luck aswell

At his age, unless there is a structural deficiency like Menzel at Geelong it will not mean anything for him other than a lost 12 months

Yeah just needs some luck might be good for his feet aswell

Can't really say that knee injuries are the result training/conditioning.

Though why the hell he was sent back on after hurting it the first time, who bloody knows. Ridiculous.

If that's what happened, that's bullshit. That's how Ball did his knee the other year too, getting sent back on after twinging it.

EDIT: OK - should have read more of the thread, see a heap of people said the same thing. Makes me ******* angry :mad::mad::mad:

If that's what happened, that's bullshit. That's how Ball did his knee the other year too, getting sent back on after twinging it.

EDIT: OK - should have read more of the thread, see a heap of people said the same thing. Makes me ******* angry :mad::mad::mad:

By the sounds off it he already done it and just injured it again when the knee would have went out from under him

He's young and ill back him in to get back to 100% over the next few years and also the Dr's as well to do a great job with collingwoods physiotherapy staff as well. All of us collingwood supporters should also be positive and wish the schazza the best to get back with our support instead of negative post he will be slow bla bla bla cos you don't know how he will come back. :)
Pretty hard to be that optimistic, with the years of injuries we've had. I thought year we would turn it around. So no guarantees for next year.

Brilliant diagnosis and all from behind your computer....marvelous stuff
A diagnosis nevertheless, beats simply sniping away at people's opinions any day of the week.

It's also the same way we've ensured Maxy's career ended rd 17 2014 but lets keep it a secret.

You took the words right out of my finger tips. A cyber sniper who pick off targets but never shows a face is essentially a heartless, Cromwellian-soul, deficient in the feelings and emotions enjoyed by more common folk, such as you and I would seem to be. Knightmare is a cyber God by comparison, a sage respected in forums far removed in space and time from our black and white sanctum. Thankfully there are posters of various degrees of popularity and football nous and knowledge prepared to put their cyber reputations on the line by offering ideas, views and feelings on football issues. :p

Cromwellian-soul. Love it!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did it changing directions isn't a good thing at all :(

Not Sure as Surgery is better then it use to be.

N Brown did that at Training and I even think Ball did it same way but they had no problems from it since

He did it changing directions isn't a good thing at all :(

Yep i agree, would of much preferred it had it been an impact injury ( both r terrible ) but just turning direction, that looked horrible.

Would of liked to hav seen the knock he got before when he went off, looked so similar to luke ball when he went down the second time. Knee just gave way

Yep i agree, would of much preferred it had it been an impact injury ( both r terrible ) but just turning direction, that looked horrible.

Would of liked to hav seen the knock he got before when he went off, looked so similar to luke ball when he went down the second time. Knee just gave way
As said before, that twisting motion is by far the most common way of doing an ACL. I'd rather it be done that way than something completely innocuous, which would indicate more of a natural structural weakness.

As said before, that twisting motion is by far the most common way of doing an ACL. I'd rather it be done that way than something completely innocuous, which would indicate more of a natural structural weakness.

If he does have a Natural Structual Weakness would that mean he would always has that Problem?

If he does have a Natural Structual Weakness would that mean he would always has that Problem?
It would mean that he would be more likely to be succeptible to ligament injuries, similar to Menzel.
I don't think he will be like that though. It's pretty uncommon.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here somewhere, probably by many, but the only good to come from this will be that Scharenberg gets to go through this with Brent Macaffer. Good isn't word I should be using, but Brent will be an inspiration to Matt through the whole process, and they will push each other to the end. Thankfully neither of them have to go through rehab alone, as it would be a long, lonely, painful process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back